The definitive new manager speculation thread

Whoever we appoint will be a gamble but Edwards would be a big one. It would be a bold move from the club and I hope it works. It has been to be done pronto because we are going nowhere at the moment.

We need someone in. I can't watch us playing like we did today again.
Would you prefer we were relegated so we could be promoted again in a couple of seasons, have a good first season then struggle before being relegated, like we have been doing this century up until Harris and Rowett made us an established Championship side?
There really ain't no shame in being mid table in the Championship, home form does need to improve but in modern day football where greed is god and debt is to be ignored, we have a lot to be grateful for if you want to look for it.

Would you prefer we were relegated so we could be promoted again in a couple of seasons, have a good first season then struggle before being relegated, like we have been doing this century up until Harris and Rowett made us an established Championship side?
There really ain't no shame in being mid table in the Championship, home form does need to improve but in modern day football where greed is god and debt is to be ignored, we have a lot to be grateful for if you want to look for it.

I would hate us to be relegated and that's why I was happy with Rowett.

I would hate us to be relegated and that's why I was happy with Rowett.
so would I but the alternative is being mid table which isn't always that exciting, we had a good season last season and we might have a bad one this season but not going up or down is going to be like that.

The sooner 'two from twelve' vacates the building the better.
In his post-match interview, he mentions taking the sting out of the game. As another poster mentioned; it was a noisy full house at The Den to start with, surely it should have been Southampton trying to take the sting out of the game?

Making defensive statements at home games like that and you can see why we are shite at The Den.
:grinning:

The sooner 'two from twelve' vacates the building the better.
In his post-match interview, he mentions taking the sting out of the game. As another poster mentioned; it was a noisy full house at The Den to start with, surely it should have been Southampton trying to take the sting out of the game?

Making defensive statements at home games like that and you can see why we are shite at The Den.
:grinning:

Spot on. That's what frustrates me. If we had really gone at them then the crowd responds and although they had good players, we don't know how they'd have reacted mentally. Plenty of good players have played at this ground and the old ground and their arseholes went when the Den was rocking and the heat turned up.

Spot on. That's what frustrates me. If we had really gone at them then the crowd responds and although they had good players, we don't know how they'd have reacted mentally. Plenty of good players have played at this ground and the old ground and their arseholes went when the Den was rocking and the heat turned up.

"On 10 March 2017, Barrett joined Millwall as first team development coach".

Barrett's had a decent innings at Millwall and obviously loves the place, but the first team squad needs freshening up in it's coaching and tactical attitudes. He desperately needs to go as well. There is a different philosophy of Football at our younger levels. It needs to be matched at senior level so it runs through the club from top to bottom.