The definitive new manager speculation thread

Shows whats available, so it's all about budget really.

I DREAD to think who we will get now tbh.

FACT: We will NOT get quality, guarantee it and the boo boys will be at it again after a few months... well done!

I genuinly think Muscat would be a decent choice.

As a manager plays fast attacking football, has won the title in Australia and Japan - OK not exactly hotbeds of football but winning is winning.

Knows the J league and will be able to bring in decent players from there, we know they are nippy little buggers

Good mates with Postecoglu, so could get some Spurs youth in (hopefully Kanes instead of Parrotts)

Highly thought of by Journos that cover the J league

Knows the club as well

I genuinly think Muscat would be a decent choice.

As a manager plays fast attacking football, has won the title in Australia and Japan - OK not exactly hotbeds of football but winning is winning.

Knows the J league and will be able to bring in decent players from there, we know they are nippy little buggers

Good mates with Postecoglu, so could get some Spurs youth in (hopefully Kanes instead of Parrotts)

Highly thought of by Journos that cover the J league

Knows the club as well

But does he know the club? He might know how to get there and that some of us like a punch up but does he have a good knowledge of the actual squad? Their strengths and weaknesses, who he can trust, how certain players fit a certain system or anything about the youth academy? I’m not so sure personally. Let’s be honest most fans only want him because they think he’ll chin an oppo manager in the dug out.

Massive gamble in my opinion.

I absolutely do not want to see Muscat even offered the job. An awesome blood thirsty player in his time yes. His management career so far? No way.

Hasn't got any experience at all, not even remotely close to Millwall. If we are moaning about Rowett, who had bag fulls of experience, and him not getting the best out of the players footballing wise, then I'm seriously unsure how Miscat would pull up trees and do a better job right now. I think it maybe a car crash at the club if we appointed him, and that isn't what we, or the players need.
He'd drive the players to be better, absolutely he would, but I can't see how he would tactically improve individuals or the team.
So, as much as I love Muscat, I don't want to see him down here just yet as we would be making a big step backwards in my opinion.

I absolutely do not want to see Muscat even offered the job. His management career so far? No way.

If we are moaning about Rowett, who had bag fulls of experience, and him not getting the best out of the players footballing wise, then I'm seriously unsure how Miscat would pull up trees and do a better job right now.

I don't want to see him down here just yet as we would be making a big step backwards in my opinion.
THIS in a nutshell.

Let’s be honest most fans only want him because they think he’ll chin an oppo manager in the dug out.
I agree. Lets have it right the bloke is a fucking thug. He played just over 50 games so hardly legend status. He was only a month in with us when our CEO threatened to sack him if he didn;t clean his act up after stamping on a watford player. He went on to nearly cripple an anorak player which he was privately sued over. He's broken fellow pros jaws, stamped on youth team players and left several other pros with carer threatening injuries.

His management record is slim. The Aussie league won. Sacked after 15 games for a Belguim club and currently in Japan where he won a title.

Hardly the credentials for our league, Never mind his temperament.

As for he knows the club well ? He left 17 year ago. What will he know well? Same as when pundits say he knows the area well. So fucking what we're not after a cabbie or milkman.

I hope he never steps foot in our club again.

Screenshot_20231019_083139_Samsung Internet.jpg

This list doesn't look pretty. Mark Kennedy 2nd favourite?! I know bookies make things up but that's way out there. Even Lee Bowyer, why he's even priced at under 500/1 who'd ever know! ZERO chance of that one. Only current name on it is John Eustace, and perhaps Beale but I hope we stay clear of him.

Doesn't read well at the moment. I hope we can come up with names that are better than the list Bet Victor have come up with.

Done some thinking overnight, and the names I came up with that no one mention were; Richard shaw or Callum Davidson.

Aside from the managerial merry go round now, I can’t help but feel if JB were still here would he handle it any dif, his son statement seemed to be short and sweet in comparison. James B first real decision as an owner, let’s see how it turns out.