The definitive new manager speculation thread

Looks like it will be Nathan Jones and while I have some reservations I will back him 100%. Docherty, McGhee and Rowett all had question marks against them before being our managers and they all did well for us. I hope he does the same. Whatever his faults, you can't question his commitment or passion.

Looks like it will be Nathan Jones and while I have some reservations I will back him 100%. Docherty, McGhee and Rowett all had question marks against them before being our managers and they all did well for us. I hope he does the same. Whatever his faults, you can't question his commitment or passion.
and we don't even know if the gossip about a release clause is true!

My take is simple. If you dont want the job 100% you can go somewhere else.. IF the release clause is true then he can go and do one. I think Joe Edwards is the wild card and is worth a punt. Else if Jones joins this might as well be the end of game song....

My take is simple. If you dont want the job 100% you can go somewhere else.. IF the release clause is true then he can go and do one. I think Joe Edwards is the wild card and is worth a punt. Else if Jones joins this might as well be the end of game song

Can't see Kavanagh or JB taking a punt on anyone, risking our Championship status shouldn't be an option.

Edwards might not be seen as a risk, they might be sure he will fit in well with our squad but as it would be his first job he would make mistakes, how much those mistakes would affect us and how he would learn from them is the unknown part that would concern me.

The only serious option I don't want is Warnock, apart from disliking his personality, I think we need to appoint with the intention of it being long term and for those that are left, I'm trusting the board to make the right decision, I can see positives in all of them.

I would measure Edwards by how he runs the England U20 team. Seems they do ok and he favours an attacking formation. Better someone getting a break rather than someone who might jump ship for an extra pound.
I don't agree , the England job is a temporary coaching job and he will have been instructed how to coach and what tactics are to be used.
We don't know that Jones will jump ship for an extra pound

Members online