The definitive new manager speculation thread

A fellow ST holder in Block 29 sent me this earlier.

Makes sense.

The following is from a credible source I’m told!!

Muscat blanked us as his Japanese team offered him a better contract. He feels its better for his career to stay.
We approached Ryan Mason but he didn't want to know.
Beale was interviewed and come over OK but not overly impressive.
Nathan Jones was very impressive but wanted a release clause. Millwall wouldn’t agree to this.
This is why Joe Edwards is in the frame.
Liam Manning the Oxford Manager may be the next target.

Makes sense.

Muscat blanked us as his Japanese team offered him a better contract. He feels its better for his career to stay.
Nathan Jones was very impressive but wanted a release clause. Millwall wouldn’t agree to this.

Interesting stuff and probably why it's taking a while. Seems to be pointing towards Joe Edwards. Jones would only want a release clause if he sees us as a potential stepping stone. Which isn't unreasonable if I was being objective, but this is Millwall and I am not, so I would tell him to take the job without one or fuck right off.

Manning has been mentioned for the Bristol City job and is another young up-and-coming manager.

Makes sense.

Now that all makes sense 👍

I’ve just read on Twitter that Barratt has been awarded the job until the end of the season. Could be total bollx, but is starting to look very possible.

Not kept up to date with the thread but just got this message from a very good source…

‘Nathan Jones looks likely unless they do a major U turn on £’

Just checked his odds, down to 1/4
If true, I think it’ll be a very interesting appointment. He’ll have a lot to prove and will see us as an opportunity to become the messiah, which he clearly craves. Hope it’s sorted soon, as we’ve got a very lucrative December coming up and points to gain.