The Den

Love that Peckham, I remember constantly studying the Ceefax pages league tables on the run in until all hours of the night.
Stoned and trying to work out the permutations, much more fun than immediately getting it up on your phone .
And the beam back of the Bournemouth game at the den, was it Kenneth wolstenholme commentating?
Dreams were a heady reality back then.
Some Great pictures on this thread.

My old man was, he was off work for a while afterwards with busted and bandaged fists. By all accounts it was viscous and relentless.
First time I saw FV aged 7. Remember fucking shitting myself, still didn’t stop me trying to get a decent view.
The old man telling me to sit down and behave, we were sitting in the forecourt that night.

It was a very long day and then night on the Old kent road.
Funny thing is the Hull game I was completely sober, never had a beer all day. I’ve said this before but we was on the royal archer coach,OB at booth ferry park confiscated all the booze in the hold which was meant to be for after the game.
Then the fuckin coach kept breaking down on the way back. We ended being pushed down okr by hundreds of wall fans on it in the early hours.
Unlike the Blackburn game last day of the season where I was fucked and spent the night in ladywell nick I remember everything.