The Den

Brya
Great memory mate. There was a few goals shared between us and them that season, 2-2 at there place if memory serves me right.

Here's the home game

Bryan Gunn pulled off a few saves that day , love the scenes when Jimmy equalises.
I remember leaving the ground that day via the ilderton road end and meeting a few in the Cliftonville. No one was bothered to much by the defeat, just proud of the wall performance on and off the pitch, the atmosphere was blinding.

I'd go back tomorrow without hesitation.

I loved that ground, it had a soul and was the epitome of what Millwall is about.

Went to many games that were lairy to say the least, but never, ever did I once feel in any danger at the Old Den, even as a very young kid.

Halfway line, about half way up. People forget this, but you got a quite brilliant view of the pitch from that terrace.

Great memory mate. There was a few goals shared between us and them that season, 2-2 at there place if memory serves me right.

Here's the home game

Fleck broke my fucking heart that day! One of the best atmospheres I ever witnessed at the Den, till the end of course, we was gutted!! Always remember Fleck coming down the pitch and clapping the CBL, was a lovely goal to be fair.

Peckham your right took slaps all along the seats & then just when they thought they’d made it , a fair few wall jumped out of the ilderton chased them to the center circle where they had some more boot soup, had a good view from the halfway, beer in hand pissing myself, a bogie behind said to his filth mate they won’t come again
Never forget it, as I’d never seen any mob go in the CBL
I was one of the lot coming over the fences at the Ilderton Road but just as I was on the top of the fence about to swing my legs over a copper pulled me back down onto the terrace put his knee on my chest and said "you're fucking niiii!!!" one of my mates mad Pat had jumped on his back trampolining himself to the top of the fence and over onto the pitch, the copper let go of me and went for him (too late) and I took the opportunity to disappear a bit lively:grinning:

What makes me laugh is when you think back to when we used to play the likes of Charlton, Palace, QPR, Luton etc at the old place who nowadays think they’re something special turning up via London Bridge/Borough Market and the walkway used to barely fill that away corner when they came to visit.

Credit to the few mobs that did make the effort at The (real) Den but all these modern day Instagram wallys would have been eaten alive before they even got near Cold Blow Lane.

What makes me laugh is when you think back to when we used to play the likes of Charlton, Palace, QPR, Luton etc at the old place who nowadays think they’re something special turning up via London Bridge/Borough Market and the walkway used to barely fill that away corner when they came to visit.

Credit to the few mobs that did make the effort at The (real) Den but all these modern day Instagram wallys would have been eaten alive before they even got near Cold Blow Lane.
Palace rarely turned up for there home games against us. Can remember going over in the 80's and we'd be all over the ground, home end, main seats,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I used to live there - on the left at the other end!
Great photos by the way.
My dear old nan, grandad & great nan lived there on the right. Mum went to that school on the right.
The only reason my old man started supporting Wall was because he went to pick my mum up for a date as a young lad, the rest is history.