Norwich v Wall match thread. Sunday 12pm KO

I knew this season was going to be difficult, putting us up against some very strong sides, and today showed exactly that. Credit where credit is due, the workrate and skill of those marrow molestors was a cut above.
Such a shame that we only started making headway in extra time, but as London lion said, was that because Norwich were winding down?
I don't know what it is, but there seems to be a lack of fluidity ( is that a real word?) between our defence and midfield, and our midfield and forwards.
Our defence were slow and clumsy today.
GR very angry looking, and I heard our supporters being equally as angry.
Glad we at least got a goal. Onwards and upwards.
COYL.

Rowett out? No. Be careful of what you wish for gentlemen. We're in a blip. It happens. Sack the manager over a blip, like the last 3/4 years haven't meant anything? Rowett deserves the chance to lead us out of a blip. With the chants that went on today he now knows something needs to change, tactics/formation/correct players, whatever it is he's now heard. I don't think he will be so naive v Stoke.

Some players out there didn't look on the ball. I'm a fan of Danny Mac but I even thought he had a stinker today. Alot more to do all round.

Let's not make this thread a sticky on the spotters forum, they'll be bashing one out into their daily train rag by some of the frothing in here.

Next.
This. Agree with every word Mr Den.

Rowett out? No. Be careful of what you wish for gentlemen. We're in a blip. It happens. Sack the manager over a blip, like the last 3/4 years haven't meant anything? Rowett deserves the chance to lead us out of a blip. With the chants that went on today he now knows something needs to change, tactics/formation/correct players, whatever it is he's now heard. I don't think he will be so naive v Stoke.

Some players out there didn't look on the ball. I'm a fan of Danny Mac but I even thought he had a stinker today. Alot more to do all round.

Let's not make this thread a sticky on the spotters forum, they'll be bashing one out into their daily train rag by some of the frothing in here.

Next.
It's not a blip mate. He has 3 CB's who can't play a pass, have limited pace and the turning circle of an oil tanker and he's desperate to play them with two full backs and two holding midfielders, basically a back 8 with no creativity.

He tried it last year and it failed, he eventually changed it after getting dogs.

He wants to set up to not lose, that's dinosaur football. Today was a free hit, why not have a go? Instead we get the same old turgid shit. I've backed him, but if he plays the 3 CB's again next week, I think it'll be game over

He'll be in charge next Saturday. Could be the most important game of his time at millwall.same again next week he won't survive an angry den

He will, but another defeat will put his managership on a knife edge, especially if we lose at home in the same fashion as we lost today!

Lose away to Birmingham as well, and I think James Berylson has a decision to make!

I only hope that if there’s a change of manager it happens before the Leeds game, especially if the players end up responding to new formations and tactics during training, and we get the ‘new managers bounce’ to get a win at home against those northern cunts!

He won't walk.

Does Kavanagh have the bollocks to sack him?

Is it down to Kavanagh or down to James Berylson? Our new chairman has bankrolled one or two of our new players, hasn’t he? If so, you can’t blame him for wanting to see a decent return on his investment!

I can't see a way back for him after sarcastically clapping our fans. Whether you agree with the fans or not, they pay a lot of money travelling to watch the team and they are more than entitled to their opinion.

Rowett will get out of it by saying he was clapping the supporters for their support during a 3-1 loss! Nothing at all to do with being sarcastic to them! He’ll go on to say, “the fans are unhappy, but so are the players and myself! We’re going to do all we can to turn this around, starting at home next Saturday against Stoke!”

Or something like that! :grinning:

Last edited:

Next.
This isn’t just a blip though. This isn’t about just this season. Take the last ten games of last season in to consideration as well. Its relegation form.

GR’s loyalty to some players baffles me. Danny and Billy out of their depth but triers and “one of our own”, albeit I’ve no idea why that should influence him.

Flemming, when he isn’t on his game (which seems most of the time nowadays), is a luxury we can’t afford!

Hutch and Cooper are one dimensional and their distribution, especially the former, is poor. Perhaps, Wes deserves a start.

Lenny never lets us down and could easily replace Danny or Billy and be an improvement and, with our lack of central midfield creativity, I think Evans deserves a chance.

Hopefully Emakhu has done enough to merit a place in the starting lineup.

The last 12-15 performances have been diabolical and GR needs to arrest the decline sharply, if he doesn’t he’s got to be shown the door. Unfortunately with the sad passing of JB, I can’t see this happening in the near future and if/when it does automatic/playoffs will be out of the question and it’ll be a backs-to-the-wall fight against relegation 😞

Rowett out? No. Be careful of what you wish for gentlemen. We're in a blip. It happens. Sack the manager over a blip, like the last 3/4 years haven't meant anything? Rowett deserves the chance to lead us out of a blip.
But how long does ‘a blip’ last? Four games, six, ten? At some point, if the players are still playing poorly and/or the manager is making the same formation and tactical mistakes which see us still losing, where do you draw the line and say, “enough is enough,” and do something to change things?
Unlike the spotters we know we have bought in new players who are good! The spotters haven’t and even if they change their manager, chances are their players will still be playing shit!

The question you, and everyone else on this forum has to ask themselves is, “would our players play any worse under a different manager with different ideas and different tactics?”

I’d like to think they wouldn’t!

still think he might turn it around. norwich are a (very annoying) anonomly in this league - we might as well have been playing premier league opposition. too good for the champ, too shit for the prem, they have got a nice little business model going. that's why i hate them, they warp this league and they normally whipe the floor with us with ease. let's see where we are at after brum and stoke, if still dogshit, yes agree it will seem inevitable.

Let's not make this thread a sticky on the spotters forum, they'll be bashing one out into their daily train rag by some of the frothing in

still think he might turn it around. norwich are a (very annoying) anonomly in this league - we might as well have been playing premier league opposition. too good for the champ, too shit for the prem, they have got a nice little business model going. that's why i hate them, they warp this league and they normally whipe the floor with us with ease. let's see where we are at after brum and stoke, if still dogshit, yes agree it will seem inevitable.
I hope he don't cause I don't know how much longer I can watch he's boring as fuck brain dead football!

Rowett: "If you have paid your hard-earned money to come I understand if you see that performance. But as a human being, it is hurtful to get that 3 games in after the 4 years work I have done."

For those calling for GRs head, whilst I understand your reasons, but it could be a double edged sword. We were rocked after JBs passing, and whilst certain that we would remain in safe hands, the sad event may well have caused uncertainty with some players.
GR moving on could very well unsettle the entire squad, and I don't think it's a risk that board will take.
It's still very early in the season to be hitting the panic button, and while we (mostly) have the personnel, a serious review is required to stop any further slide.
We got what we asked for when the calls went out for an effective striker, but if the forwards are being let down by who's behind them, then having Pele up front wouldn't make a difference.
Being a defender, I would have thought GR would be ensuring that our lads would be firing on all cylinders. Maybe we need a fresh pair of eyes on the coaching staff to point out our inadequacies, and is trusted enough to have their advice acted upon.
Who knows what the solution is, but I don't think we'll bebreaking any records this season.
I live in hope.

Very fair post.

I can understand why some people are wary of getting rid of Rowett, but at the moment we are stagnant and have been for a while. I don't think it is all down to the players, just his stubborn tactics.
I would rather see a gamble with another manager who is willing to play attacking football.
If it backfired at least we would have tried rather than take the attitude we can't take the chance just in case.