Norwich v Wall match thread. Sunday 12pm KO

starting to look like our fan base is split we have a lot of older fans who are happy to stay where we are and try to enjoy the football (that is hard at times with the negative way we play) and then we have the more modern fan not always younger but who expect us to play like Man city and win every week

when you look at what we do as a club for transfers we have never competed
to sign the best we are always on the look out for a rough diamond and it just don't work very often

the modern game is now way beyond the way we do things unless we get a much bigger budget forget competing at the top end

i can honestly say some of the football under GR is boring as fuck but that said
he is the only one who knows what this lot are capable of and if he thinks that this is the best way to play so be it

I remember Petchey and Anderson. But I can also remember Jago, Graham, Docherty, McCarthy (for a while), McGhee, Wise all playing decent attacking football at home. It’s not all about budget. It’s also about set up, planning and tactics. In my opinion we could be far better at home and get the crowd involved. It worries me there are all defensive coaches on the bench and we seem tactically to be going no where. I won’t go on, it’s just my opinion. I think our style of football is prehistoric. All depends what you want I guess.
My point was , was there the financial gap like there is today ?
We are lightyears behind the teams I stated financially .
Yes find the right manager and they will improve us, but for all the ones that will there's at least 10 that will take us backwards.
Sometimes to be safe and to hope that maybe one day we get lucky is better than our friends down the road thought when they said curbishley has taken as far as he can, with their kings of europe aspiratinsions , look at them now

My point was , was there the financial gap like there is today ?
We are lightyears behind the teams I stated financially .
Yes find the right manager and they will improve us, but for all the ones that will there's at least 10 that will take us backwards.
Sometimes to be safe and to hope that maybe one day we get lucky is better than our friends down the road thought when they said curbishley has taken as far as he can, with their kings of europe aspiratinsions , look at them now
It’s a very valid point and there’s a massive risk in a new manager I agree.

I think it’s the fact we don’t seem to create sod all, other teams in the league are able to get crosses in the box, through balls and combinations, we don't seem to do none of that, all huff and puff with no end product. Our home form is terrible and used to be our strength, set pieces are none existent where before teams hated marking Cooper, it’s painful to watch. We just want to watch a game that gets us off our seats, seems a long way off at the minute

I think it’s the fact we don’t seem to create sod all, other teams in the league are able to get crosses in the box, through balls and combinations, we don't seem to do none of that, all huff and puff with no end product. Our home form is terrible and used to be our strength, set pieces are none existent where before teams hated marking Cooper, it’s painful to watch. We just want to watch a game that gets us off our seats, seems a long way off at the minute
Last 2 lines. 👊
Doesn't have to be man city esq. Just get the fucking blood pumping, instead of sending us into a fucking coma.

Last edited:
We started well and pressed high, stopping Norwich from playing out from the back which they like to do! After awhile, that game plan began to fizzle out and Norwich got more of a foot hold in the game.

Defensive wobbles!

1st half Norwich put a ball in which Hutch could have cleared with his head, but left it and it fell to their player, Barnes, who was unmarked but thankfully mis hit the ball and scythed it high into the air!

Later, Danny switched off on the touch line, allowing the Norwich player to go past him and head for goal. He was bearing down on the penalty box and Hutch saved Danny’s blushes when he sprinted across to make a last ditch sliding tackle to keep the score line 0-0!

1st goal was started by Rowe who did a neat 1-2 with, I think Barnes, outside the box. No Wall defender tracked Rowe as he entered the box and received the ball back from Barnes! Rowe then had time and space to hit a lovely curling shot past Sarkic!

2nd goal might have been stopped had someone of Cooper’s height put himself in front of Sergeant as the ball was floated over from a free kick! Sergeant was unmarked and was able to get his head on to the ball and steer it past Sarkic for 2-0!

My feed went down as they scored their 3rd, and when it came back, I saw the score line was 3-0! That’s when I switched off and went and did the washing up!

Midfield woes!

Norwich simply over ran us, playing neat little 1-2‘s yet still progressing forwards up the pitch! Why is it, that in midfield there are too many times that our player A will pass the ball forward to player B, yet player C is nowhere around to be in a position to receive the forward ball from player B, so player B ends up having to pass it back to player A, and a potential forward movement breaks down and comes to nothing?

Another time Flemming tried to take a throw in, but there wasn’t one Wall player anywhere near him to receive the ball, so Flemming ended up having to throw the ball back down the touch line to Wallace, and a potential quick break was wasted!

Forward Follies

Nisbet once again was given no service! Flemming barely touched the ball and didn’t really impose himself on the game. Watmore was full of running but with little to show from it, and Esse had some bright moments but his inexperience showed through from time to time. This was only to be expected, but the lad has talent and I think he will get better if Rowett keeps playing him from the start (as he did today!) By all accounts Emakhu took his goal well (I haven’t seen it yet), so maybe both him and Esse should start against Stoke?

Formation and tactics have to change against Stoke next Saturday! Rowett has a good record against Stoke since becoming our manager, and it would be a shame for the Potters to win and get some of our supporters on Rowett’s back again! The Stoke supporters would simply love that, as they hate Rowett so much and they would love to shoot him down! Let’s hope our players don’t give them any ammunition to fire at us!

By all accounts Emakhu took his goal well (I haven’t seen it yet), so maybe both him and Esse should start against Stoke?

Well, Cooper got hold of the ball, looked up, and planted (passed not hoofed) a 50 yard ball right onto Bradders, who out jumped the defender and nodded it over to Emakhu. He then scored a goal that Norwich would have been proud of. All three players played their part. No one seems to give a fuck about a decent goal we scored though. Probably because we don't do it enough, I suppose. Shame really...(I'm being serious, check it out if you can...).

:grinning:

The buck stops with the manager. When he was praised for Middlesbrough away no one said the players shaped up and Rowett doesn't deserve credit. Same way the players cant get all the blame for a bad showing. Rowett getting the hump or whatever doing a sarci clap i couldn't care less about, at least hes showing he cares unlike cunts like Holloway.
The annoying thing to me with him is hes a stubborn fucker who refuses to learn from his mistakes in formations, timings of substitutions or whatever almost refusing to acknowledge results and repeating the same formula and expecting different results. When he stuck the youths on at borough on about 60 mins i thought fuck me hes going for a win instead of shutting up shop then conceding late, maybe hes finally changed his tune. Hes not been judged on this season alone like he said post match hes been judged on our run of results from the end of last season aswell and his over-all match management over the last 4 years.
To me results are everything and style is a bonus im guessing Rowett thinks that too so he better start getting some!

I have never seen Rowett so unsure of himself as his post match interviews last week and this week.
Both weeks he effectively blamed the players by saying he can’t understand why they were so lacklustre.
He’s obviously not going to say”The players are pissed off with me and can’t be arsed to work hard”
BUT, he can’t continue to say he doesn’t know what’s up.
Between a rock and a hard place, I’d say.

I would like him to explain why he isn't starting Bradshaw, is there a fitness problem after he run his bollocks off for us last season, did brilliant last year along with Flemming. Normally your new signing fights for a place in the starting line up, unless you are a multi million pound superstar, but Nisbet has walked straight in, not criticising him because the service has been shite, but it's odd to say the least. 🤔
Wasn’t Nisbet bought to play up alongside Bradshaw?

All that’s happening at the moment is we’re still playing with one up top, and he isn’t getting the proper service when the ball is pumped high up towards him!

What has changed?

8 days after we paid our final respects to JB some treat his club in this manner, we all learnt a lot about the man since his death I think it would of been nice to have a little bit rub off on the way some of the fans take defeat.
I hope this hasn't sown the seed of doubt into the Berylson's minds when it comes to making long term decisions.

As my dad just pointed out, they are valued at 90mill, we at 30mil
Lets not get too distorted by today's game against another boring yoyo club. It's important I think we suspend judgement for a while.
I think Norwich were promoted to the top table around 12 years ago, they have been back there twice since then with an income at least double ours and the money the premiership brings, you could argue they have had 800m more than us at their disposal since 2011.
They are now are bringing in Long as back up GK in order to reduce the wage bill as they had the chance to offload Krul and so far have brought in old freebies to get them out of this division before parachute payments run out.
We finished above them last season.