Joe Edwards - The new gaffer

The young new managers have been bought up with the knowledge of how to out manoeuvre, outthink opposition how to drop players into positions to create spaces for others etc etc - the days of of bang it long and wide, bang it in the box and see what happens is long gone at this level
Hopefully Joe Edwards will get the time to change the way we play to be competitive without changing our identify - a bold appointment and one we all hope works out

Relegation would be a financial disaster for us. Revenues for the average Div 1 clubs are +/-33% of the average C'ship club. If we went down, we would almost certainly lose our better players, especially the younger ones.
Next TV deal will see a difference of 9-10m between Championship and league below.
It would be a complete disaster to throw away the hard work of the last 8 years, no positives in it this time around.

I assume the title of ‘Manager’ gives you more of a hands on role in the running of the club - recruitment, academy, training ground, day to day and tactics.

A Head Coach must just be involved in the first team squad and that’s it? Typically you would also see a Director of football installed that manages the recruitment and academy etc.

I wonder if we are going to appoint a DoF in the coming days too?

I assume the title of ‘Manager’ gives you more of a hands on role in the running of the club - recruitment, academy, training ground, day to day and tactics.

A Head Coach must just be involved in the first team squad and that’s it? Typically you would also see a Director of football installed that manages the recruitment and academy etc.

The F stands for Football so you can put your CV back in the drawer Ulster.

If we are going down the DoF route, we could do a lot worse that get KJ back at the club.

In terms of the new manager, I'm part excited and part nervous. Time will tell whether he's got the balls to manage our club!

'The 37-year-old joins The Lions alongside Andy Myers, who will be installed as Assistant Head Coach. Adam Barrett - who has overseen the last four matches on a caretaker basis - and Andy Marshall, meanwhile, will remain part of the club's backroom staff.'

They haven't dumped Barrett then, but keeping him on as backroom staff, whatever that is? But I must say, a good gesture by the club. He's been pretty loyal these past six years and will have plenty to pass on regards the players and the club. In reality, probably an asset.

Personally, I am pleased with the whole outcome. I'm 66 and although I have seen some great times I have also seen some right shit over the years all played out in 'The Millwall Way' (whatever that is). It's about time this club had a shake up and crashed landed into the footballing 21st century. This certainly looks like an attempt at just that. Exciting (and nervous) times head.

Hats off to the club for giving it a go...
:tophat:

I've just read we're also bringing in another Chelsea coach. This bodes well as you don't coach at that level without being decent.

The last time we had a tier-1 coach was Ray Harford. And no, Ray "pass it sideways" Wilkins doesn't count.

You can’t help but feel we will be looking to make several additions in January.

Somebody told me he likes to play possession football, I don’t think our defenders are cut out for it. I wouldn’t mind us looking in to the possibility of getting Cresswell back, he is hardly getting a look in at Leeds.

I think this manager will unleash Esse and take him to another level. I predict him to be the star man in the side by the end of the season.
I agree, we desperately need to play out from the back far more decisively. Lumping it up there for a couple of short blokes looking to bring it down is insane against the majority of teams in this division.

Interesting times ahead.