Jed off to forest

This is so stupid. We lose him for nothing at the end of the season and we are not financially stable enough to turn down £2million, or whatever Forest have offered. £2million is a lot of money and nothing is not a lot of money. Jed obviously wants to go, so what's the point in keeping him?

Seems it's not him but the Club who are stalling.

Pure speculation from a clickbait site. Jed has been touted around but with few takers. His agents are as bad as the club but it's always the poor contracted player that cries wolf, fuck him. If he was as good as he and his agents think he is he would have been snapped up ages ago. If he had his way he'd have gone with Saville to Boro two seasons back.

Still miss Jed in the team. Not suggesting we’d have won the last 4 but
would have had a better chance.

Jed is a good player, and we should have had his contact sorted out a while back.
He is the standard of player we should be after.
Losing him makes it a little less attractive for other players to join the club, if you look at the squad as an incoming player, it looks better with Jed in the squad then it does Burry, that's not a knock on the kid as he has done well with the little time he has had on the pitch.

Personally, I think 'Wall should be careful of doing business with these Northern clubs. Look at the problem we had getting all the Saville money out of 'Boro. And, we still didn't get rid of him..! **

:grinning:

He's had a new improved one on offer since last April so the club have done there bit. Whether we should have sold him in that time or when was the right time to move him on since then is another debate.
Yes he had a new contract offered to him, none of us know how much was offered in the new deal, did the club just pick their top money and say here it is take it or leave it (sound like that's what was done) and then with any agent who's negotiating a contract think they will come back with an improved offer, and it just didn't happen.
I think we can all agree that our club has never been the best at negotiating.

Yes he had a new contract offered to him, none of us know how much was offered in the new deal,
It was more than what he's on now, not bad for us or a player we gave a platform to after being dumped by a premier bound side.
I think we can all agree that our club has never been the best at negotiating.
Who knows, we got players like Jed to the club so someones doing something right. Not that it matters what was on offer, the player said he wants to play in the premier league so was never going to accept a new contract.

I honestly believe that he is leaving cause of rowetts tactics and style of play,I reckon he’s completely fed up with it,the same as we all are tbf. If we had a more ambitious and attack minded manager who wanted to go out and give it to teams on a weekly basis rather then this scared to lose mentality then I think he would of signed the contract ages ago.
I bet he’s not the only player who’s fucked off with rowetts shit either.

It was more than what he's on now, not bad for us or a player we gave a platform to after being dumped by a premier bound side.

Who knows, we got players like Jed to the club so someones doing something right. Not that it matters what was on offer, the player said he wants to play in the premier league so was never going to accept a new contract.
Yes I'm sure it was more then he is currently on, but, the negotiating tactics of our club are piss poor, any agent would expect to go back and forth with the club, we probably gave our top offer first and his agent is expecting to negotiate.

Look at the piss poor money we got for players over the years, yes we got Jed and others to the club, but he was a unknown player at the time and now has a bigger profile.

Yes I'm sure it was more then he is currently on, but, the negotiating tactics of our club are piss poor, any agent would expect to go back and forth with the club, we probably gave our top offer first and his agent is expecting to negotiate.
I agree with all you say. The player wants to better himself at a higher level and secure his families future :slap: by earning alot more than what we and many clubs in our postion can offer him. So it was pointless in Wall offering more or trying to negotiate from bottom up and haggle with his agent cause he was never going to be happy, accept or stay.

What should have happened then? i have no idea what a clubs supposed to with a player that's under contract with a year left.

Offered him a new deal when he had two years, or even 18 months left rather than one. He has been consistently our biggest performer for the past 4 seasons.

Offered him a new deal when he had two years, or even 18 months left rather than one. He has been consistently our biggest performer for the past 4 seasons.
You're probably right not that i think he'd have signed it. It certainly would have benfitted us money wise if he was sold. He's been loyal and done more than his bit and like most players wants a new challenge elsewhere. I wonder what the truth is in regards to offers and what money we're supposed to have turned down. I don't believe we're asking for 8-9 million as reported online and in the red tops, realistically we'd be lucky to get a million if he can go for free in June.