Jed off to forest

There are bound to be bigger clubs in the running for him so even if Forest cannot meet our price someone else will offer what we want.
Where are these clubs in this viscous bidding war for the Millwall Messi? Are they playing cool and waiting to strike at the right moment* ?

It just shows that no one really knows fuck all what’s going on. There’s been several (Twitter) ‘journalists’ on the Nottingham side declaring it a done deal and just depending on a imminent medical, all of us arguing whether he should go or not with most of us thinking he should be fucked off pronto and now the internet rumour mill, i.e completely unsubstantiated, is saying we want upwards of 9m to sell otherwise he’s going nowhere (for now).

It’s probably best to just wait and see before jumping to conclusions, whatever you think of the player, the board or his destination.

Do you think we replace Jed’s goal and assist contribution this season with £2m? I am not so sure. Names mentioned - Sibley and a kid from abroad, I’m not convinced!

Maybe, maybe not. We have to get over the fact that as of next season Jed wont be here to score 10 & create 10. If £2m helps us bring one or two in, then take it. Cos leaving for free in the summer wont help us in terms of being able to spend.

We might even do something radical and have some shape, pattern to our play and be able to attack & create chances from other areas of the pitch, one can only hope!

Maybe, maybe not. We have to get over the fact that as of next season Jed wont be here to score 10 & create 10. If £2m helps us bring one or two in, then take it. Cos leaving for free in the summer wont help us in terms of being able to spend.

We might even do something radical and have some shape, pattern to our play and be able to attack & create chances from other areas of the pitch, one can only hope!
I say, steady on, old chap!

You‘ve obviously been drinking since early this morning, for your befuddled brain to be making bold, rash statements like that! :grinning:

This. 100%

Regarding Mullin - yes it’s crazy that he was prepared to drop a couple of leagues to be paid more than what he was on at Cambridge!

Of course, it doesn’t hurt Wrexham much, especially as they’re being bank rolled by a couple of Hollywood superstars!

Beckham has got Tom Cruise into soccer (as the Yanks like to call it), maybe Kavanagh could give him a call?

”Good morning, Mr. Cruise. Your mission, should you accept it, is to bank roll Millwall, the greatest London football team ever!”

#missionnotimpossible
Mate who watches the livestock botherers, tells me that Mullin sometimes looks lost on the field, on account of being streets ahead of his team mates!

We would be both mad and stupid not to take £2million right now, considering his contract is up soon and we have to pay his wages until then when we will lose him for nothing.

I don't get it. Is it because we want a replacement first? I don't buy that, because we let Smith go and we only have one fit forward.

Take the money and use it to bid properly for players instead of fucking around trying to pinch them cheaply.

Forest have no chance of signing him when he is on a free.
I think we know there are clubs looking at him and the best chance they have is to pay a fee to us to secure him or take a gamble.
We said 9 probably in the hopes of getting 5 million. That would be cheap for forest if they feel he can give them the boost they need to get into the prem where many more millions are the reward.

The only explanation for this balls up, is that we are holding out for 4-5 mil, so we can splash the cash on the two players - Sibley and The dutch fella. Add in one more thats not quite done, we may have 3 lined up as long as we can off load Jed for a chunk. This could be done, as Forest desperately want him and whatever the case - he's a bargain.