Jed off to forest

I cannot remember letting an asset like Jed run his contract down like this. The club must have thought he could still be up for signing for us otherwise surely we would have sold him 12 months out to give us more bargaining power with potential buyers. There has to be more to this saga than meets the eye - it cannot just be Forest or the Turkish team in the running for him.

Just seen on the forest website they are set to make another bid for Jed on deadline day as they still think he is the one missing link to there team

It dawns on me that Jed not playing could be a safety while he is working out his personal terms. Frankly though he might be foolish to go now and let millwal take what he could have in a signing bonus. If the boys can keep up what happened yesterday and add back Ojo and and Lenny his departure may not hurt. Que sera sera. Regardless, wish the best for him and hope he gets his prem shot.

On the evidence of their performance today we should insist on 10 million
Hopefully they'll come back in for Jed tomorrow with an improved offer. Grabben is injured now and they've got some big games coming up which will more than likely see them slide back down the table. They're in a false position following a decent run against average teams. I don't think they've beaten anyone above them or any of the top six.

Hopefully they'll come back in for Jed tomorrow with an improved offer. Grabben is injured now and they've got some big games coming up which will more than likely see them slide back down the table. They're in a false position following a decent run against average teams. I don't think they've beaten anyone above them or any of the top six.

I didn’t think they were that special when they beat us the other week, on another day that would have been us nicking the late win. Forest always have overrated themselves and every pre season appoint themselves as favourites only to fall short every year, I can see the same thing happening again this time round.

As for Jed I honestly think there’s better moves out there in the summer for him but hopefully Forest come back tomorrow with a bid and if our board have any sense they’ll take what’s on offer as the uncertainty has affected performances on the pitch but yesterday it seemed to me that we looked a more rounded side.

I didn’t think they were that special when they beat us the other week,
Nor me, we should have been at least one up at half time. They have a few dangerous players and a fair bit of luck in scoring injury time goals.
Forest always have overrated themselves and every pre season appoint themselves as favourites only to fall short every year,
Whilst spending/ wasting large amounts of dough in the process. They go through managers like we do with loan players yet they're no better off. They're not a well run club but the media plate them because of some glory they had forty year ago.

As for Jed I honestly think there’s better moves out there in the summer for him but hopefully Forest come back tomorrow with a bid and if our board have any sense they’ll take what’s on offer
Just to put it all to bed and move on would be a relief.

as the uncertainty has affected performances on the pitch
I agree, the performance at Blackpool seemed like a player revolt by the way they surrendered. It wasn't about poor tactics, they just didn't bother to try.

but yesterday it seemed to me that we looked a more rounded side.
And we're less predictable/ one dimensional which will throw a few opposing managers for a while. That Burke has some pace/ skill and hopefully something to prove. He won't be the first decent player that's lost his way only to come to us and resurrect there career. I did laugh when i read a post here saying he's past it, he's only 24 :grinning:

Jed stays he plays or does he, unless he indicates to sign on we need to keep him benched, conundrum for Rowett.

Nor me, we should have been at least one up at half time. They have a few dangerous players and a fair bit of luck in scoring injury time goals.

Whilst spending/ wasting large amounts of dough in the process. They go through managers like we do with loan players yet they're no better off. They're not a well run club but the media plate them because of some glory they had forty year ago.

Just to put it all to bed and move on would be a relief.

I agree, the performance at Blackpool seemed like a player revolt by the way they surrendered. It wasn't about poor tactics, they just didn't bother to try.

And we're less predictable/ one dimensional which will throw a few opposing managers for a while. That Burke has some pace/ skill and hopefully something to prove. He won't be the first decent player that's lost his way only to come to us and resurrect there career. I did laugh when i read a post here saying he's past it, he's only 24 :grinning:
Burke looks like he has something