Jed off to forest

The only explanation for this balls up, is that we are holding out for 4-5 mil, so we can splash the cash on the two players - Sibley and The dutch fella. Add in one more thats not quite done, we may have 3 lined up as long as we can off load Jed for a chunk. This could be done, as Forest desperately want him and whatever the case - he's a bargain.
Do Forest desperately want Jed though?

Sure, they’d like him, but only at the right price! If Forest won’t pay our £9M price tag (or meet half way and pay us £4.5M - £5M), then they’ll either move on and look for another player, or wait to the end of the season and throw their hat into the ring, along with other clubs that will be vying for Jed’s signature!

If it comes to that, and Forest offer Jed the best deal, we’ll get nothing and money wise, Forest would have saved between £2M - £9M (depending on the figures quoted).

As usual, we’ll probably get stitched up, and Jed and Forest will be the winners!

Where's the £9 million price tag come from?

The article does say the amount is reported, though!

Perhaps Millwall are asking for £9M because they are aware of Brentford’s interest in this Forest player, and the value they have placed on him!

Let’s try and put some perspective on what is sensible to expect to receive for Jed🤔

Man U want Newcastle to pay a £3.5m ‘loan fee’ for Jesse Lingard whose contract runs out in the summer. Lingard is in a different league, literally, from Jed and could be the difference between the Magpies staying up and relegation.

If Forest offer a £1m cash, I’d take it immediately!

Let’s try and put some perspective on what is sensible to expect to receive for Jed🤔

Man U want Newcastle to pay a £3.5m ‘loan fee’ for Jesse Lingard whose contract runs out in the summer. Lingard is in a different league, literally, from Jed and could be the difference between the Magpies staying up and relegation.

If Forest offer a £1m cash, I’d take it immediately!
If Johnson leaves Forest for Brentford, and they get their asking price of £18M, they would still be left with a profit of £9M, with some or all of that £9M available to buy in more players, if needed!

£9M is a helluva lot of money, and whilst I don’t think Jed is worth that now, if Forest have to pay that to get him, and he helps get them promotion, it’ll be the best £9M the club would have spent since relegation to the Championship!

A £9M outlay will be seen as nothing, compared to the amount of money Forest will make if they get promoted to the Premier League (even if they only survive 1 season there.)

As per usual the fee will be undisclosed by us so we won't know what we got anyway unless forest openly say what he cost , anything over 1.5 million will be decent cannot see any club parting with 4-5 million for a player that is out of contract in 6 mths ,unless the manager feels he is the missing piece that will get the club promoted, finishing 3rd to 6th is just a play off place and anything can happen, holding out could go either way I just hope we don't get burnt.

With the rush of excitement and activity regarding our transfer ins and outs...
I forgot about Jed. Has he gone yet, leaving GR with a few million squids burning a hole in his pocket?

Rowett says the 27-year-old looks set to remain sidelined for Millwall’s trip to Blackpool tomorrow.

“Touch and go whether he would be available this weekend, it probably looks unlikely,” he told the South London Press.

“When he did the injury, because it is the second injury to the quad, then you’re probably looking at a couple of weeks rather than seven to 10 days, which the first one was.

“Hopefully he’ll be available for the game after that.”

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: