Atmosphere Saturday….

Years ago i and a full train carriage listened to some wet string balling down the blower to his bird who'd just jumped him. was fucking embarrassing. Top of his voice begging and crying down the phione at 8 in the morning.

I was a drinker at the time and had a bastard of a hangover so iasked him nicely to turn it in or at least keep it down to a decent noise level. Worked for 2 minutes then he started again, balling and begging like a bitch, more words of advice from me was offered.

Still he continued, begging and sobbing, by this stage i had the raving and was cringing. Went over now growling at him- fucking turn it in mate or i'll smash your phone to fucking pieces. Sat back down and he pipes up again so i went over dragged him onto the floor, gave him a dig, took his phone, bounced it off his Swede and stamped it into little pieces to a round of applause and thanks from other passengers.
How long you been off the drink? I have tried it, but just cant do it

How long you been off the drink?
Will be 19 year in June mate. Had to do it, was a chronic alcoholic facing death. Was told if hadn't stopped when i did that i'd have been brown bread within a year. Best thing i've ever done, it's fucking hard work being an addict and so much easier being sober.

I have tried it, but just cant do it
You can mate, trust me. Firstly you just really want to/mean to stop, the easy part for me is staying stopped!!!

As the saying goes, the hardest part of climbing a mountain is taking the first step.

PM me if you want to have a natter about it.

tbh as they say time waits for no man. Its a whole new era. i will still go to home games as long as my legs keep going. As you say regarding away games its been streamlined .Escots,chit chat with old bill,security,opposing fans. ffs

i went to sheffield weds away a couple of yeras ago and witnessed a large anount of wall being beckoned into a queue to board transport back to the stn, some Wall walked amongst the sheffield who were taking snide liberties. Overall as you say instead of we walk anywhere we were conditioned.
That's exactly right....... Conditioned. Society is being conditioned and influenced to accept a new "normal", which we aren't supposed to question, or we're labelled as trouble makers and dinosaurs.
A big problem is the easy acceptance of successive governments lining their own pockets at the expense of the working man, and taking as gospel that these people are doing what is best for us.
All the shite on the internet and in the media, conforming to and not questioning what we're told.
If the new "normal" is a nation of sheep who regard the MSM, Lineker, Eddie Izzard, and other assorted fuckers as sources of wisdom, then I'm glad I'm the type of cunt who does his own thing.
Our Dads and Grandads, decent working class people, lived their lives providing for their families, looking out for their mates and neighbours despite whatever hardships they faced. If it was good enough for them, then it's good enough for me.
I'll always be an intransigent cunt.
Fuck em all.

'looking out for their mates and neighbours despite whatever hardships they faced.'

I wonder how many people know the names of their neighbours.
For the Jubilee we had some neighbours pop a letter through everyone's door in our street asking if they wanted to join us in the road ( cul de sac not a main road before Ulster asks) to get together food was available for them for free, some didn't have the courtesy to reply.

Years ago i and a full train carriage listened to some wet string balling down the blower to his bird who'd just jumped him. was fucking embarrassing. Top of his voice begging and crying down the phione at 8 in the morning.

I was a drinker at the time and had a bastard of a hangover so iasked him nicely to turn it in or at least keep it down to a decent noise level. Worked for 2 minutes then he started again, balling and begging like a bitch, more words of advice from me was offered.

Still he continued, begging and sobbing, by this stage i had the raving and was cringing. Went over now growling at him- fucking turn it in mate or i'll smash your phone to fucking pieces. Sat back down and he pipes up again so i went over dragged him onto the floor, gave him a dig, took his phone, bounced it off his Swede and stamped it into little pieces to a round of applause and thanks from other passengers.
😂👏👏

'looking out for their mates and neighbours despite whatever hardships they faced.'

I wonder how many people know the names of their neighbours.
For the Jubilee we had some neighbours pop a letter through everyone's door in our street asking if they wanted to join us in the road ( cul de sac not a main road before Ulster asks) to get together food was available for them for free, some didn't have the courtesy to reply.
A lot of people are too wrapped up in their own materialistic, selfish lives to want a sense of community where they live.
Up to their eyes in debt to get one up on their neighbours, who they don't even know. Madness.
I grew up in a shit hole estate, where everyone knew everyone else, adults would feed kids who didn't belong to them, front doors lay open with no fear of being robbed, you went to the shops for neighbours,bwhovwe had to address as Mr...or Mrs......without having to be asked twice, and if we misbehaved, it was normal to get a clip round the ear from a mate's mum or dad.
To me, that was a normal, proper and respectful upbringing.
We'd no fear of paedos or other weirdos, as being in Belfast, the cunts knew they'd get a 9mm in the kneecaps from the boys with the furry faces.
Society has been diluted, and the next generation are always casualty.

That is quite funny when i read it back. Just as well i'm not like that now mate :hehe:
Haha! You'll know the cartoon dog character, mate of mine. Cyclist ran a crossing and nearly hit his dog. S collared him and gave him a clump. Cyclist goes, 'I've got it all on camera.' S rips off his helmet and throws it in the canal. 'Not any more you ain't.' These cunts need war on them.

Will be 19 year in June mate. Had to do it, was a chronic alcoholic facing death. Was told if hadn't stopped when i did that i'd have been brown bread within a year. Best thing i've ever done, it's fucking hard work being an addict and so much easier being sober.

You can mate, trust me. Firstly you just really want to/mean to stop, the easy part for me is staying stopped!!!

As the saying goes, the hardest part of climbing a mountain is taking the first step.

PM me if you want to have a natter about it.
Congratulations Peckham. Let’s hope the lads can continue to show such determination and resilience!

Is ok if I bring my mobile phone? Promise I won’t be blabbing on it. 😉
I thought the atmosphere was subdued due to nervousness about the game and fear of them nicking it. It’s happened before this season but can’t remember which game.
All of em. 😎

Read an article today about the regen around the stadium and the plan for an extra 14,000 seats in The Den. The won't get that from just filling the corners in I don't think, so not sure what the plan would be.
When we moved to the new gaff I was speaking to a senior steward and he said the Den is like Meccano and if needed they can easily add more seats above the current set up. Dunno who he spoke to but it does look a bit Meccano like so perhaps that’s the case.

he said the Den is like Meccano and if needed they can easily add more seats above the current set up.
Like many modern (ish) stadia. Not sure what the score is with flats going up, whether there'd be objections but i suppose it all depends on how imposing it was on residental property near by.