Atmosphere Saturday….

It's a habit is going all the time, a life long habit for most, if not all of us. Then something happens in your life and it's all change, and without realising, that habit is broken/ gone.

It happens to lots of people, blinded and trapped by loyalty until one day when everything changes. The lockdown did it for many that i know who no longer make the pilgrimage every other weekend.

Have been debating and musing over whether to renew again for next season. Things are tight for us right now, work isn;t as regular or as fruitful as it was proir to covid. Would nver have been an issue or even up for debate in previous years/ seasons but with the way the club and fanbase is changing, and along with other factors it has made me think if it's all worth it anymore.

I will renew but that is after some serious thinking , many doubts and some nudging from long term Wall mates that i've known for three and four decades.
I've renewed but crippling arthritis in my spine makes some games in the winter months agony, I can't see me going to a night game the cold month's ever again.

I've renewed but crippling arthritis in my spine makes some games in the winter months agony, I can't see me going to a night game the cold month's ever again.
You've done your time mate, the firestick is your friend on a cold Tuesday night. Know quite a few brickies and a couple of plasterers that suffer with the same symptons.

Was the atmosphere any different Friday?

Having had an 11 year stint away I noticed a big difference when I returned in 2017, it was as though however good the atmosphere was the immediate area around me wasn't, I tried sitting in different blocks but all very similar.
I tried, for the first time ever, block 2 for Norwich and whilst not too bad there were definitely more than ever before people that didn't seem to belong there, those wanting a day out at football that got a ticket last minute perhaps but not Wall, one group spent more time downstairs than watching the game another bloke in his 40's was more interested in his phone than the game, luckily for me the Den is like an away game so I will end up watching watching us away more than at home, as away games are 100% full of fans who are there for the same reason.

Last edited:
If i had my way i'd ban mobile phones and ipads from the stadium. At least open up a zombie zone for these dribbling morons to fuck around with there phones. From filming the players walking onto the pitch 20 yards away to filming the crowd singing, constantly checking your bets and shouting out results of other games- why? i just don't get it. Are these people capable of doing anything without holding a fucking phone in there hand?

If i had my way i'd ban mobile phones and ipads from the stadium. At least open up a zombie zone for these dribbling morons to fuck around with there phones. From filming the players walking onto the pitch 20 yards away to filming the crowd singing, constantly checking your bets and shouting out results of other games- why? i just don't get it. Are these people capable of doing anything without holding a fucking phone in there hand?
Don't get me started mate....

I want 5 days, before I die, where the Chinese/Russians take down the internet just so people can get a reality check and realise how addicted they are to their toy.

We always need a kick start , always been the same. Early goal either way would be a different game. If it was Premier opposition different again. It was Luton ffs.

Talking about tech- just tried 7 times to renew my season ticket online and it won't happen. Millwall really are a fucking joke. Ticket office person over the phone last week admitted that they're having problems with the IT and someone would call me back. Still waiting!

It's like they don't want your money, or is it they don't want to sell earlybird tickets to cunts that have been going over 45 years :hmmm::hmmm:

If i had my way i'd ban mobile phones and ipads from the stadium. At least open up a zombie zone for these dribbling morons to fuck around with their phones. From filming the players walking onto the pitch 20 yards away to filming the crowd singing, constantly checking your bets and shouting out results of other games- why? i just don't get it. Are these people capable of doing anything without holding a fucking phone in their hand?
A zombie zone 🤣🤣🤣 they’re everywhere Peckham

And those who like to share their conversation with the whole carriage.
Years ago i and a full train carriage listened to some wet string balling down the blower to his bird who'd just jumped him. was fucking embarrassing. Top of his voice begging and crying down the phione at 8 in the morning.

I was a drinker at the time and had a bastard of a hangover so i asked him nicely to turn it in or at least keep it down to a decent noise level. Worked for 2 minutes then he started again, balling and begging like a bitch, more words of advice from me was offered.

Still he continued, begging and sobbing, by this stage i had the raving and was cringing. Went over now growling at him- fucking turn it in mate or i'll smash your phone to fucking pieces. Sat back down and he pipes up again so i went over dragged him onto the floor, gave him a dig, took his phone, bounced it off his Swede and stamped it into little pieces to a round of applause and thanks from other passengers.

Last edited:
Years ago i and a full train carriage listened to some wet string balling down the blower to his bird who'd just jumped him. was fucking embarrassing. Top of his voice begging and crying down the phione at 8 in the morning.

I was a drinker at the time and had a bastrad of a hangover so iasked him nicely to turn it in or at least keep it down to a decent noise level. Worked for 2 minutes then he started again, balling and begging like a bitch, more words of advice from me was offered.

Still he continued, begging and sobbing, by thus stage i had the raving and was cringing. Went over now growling at him- fucking tuern it in mate or i'll smash your phone to fucking pieces. Sat back down and he pipes up again so i went over dragged him onto the floor, gave him a dig, took his phone, bounced it off his Swede and stamped it into little pieces to a round of applause and thanks from other passengers.
Any repercussions Peckham given trains have CCTV?

If I'm honest I thought the atmosphere Friday was rubbish, had to sit in B3 with only half dozen or so who tried to generate any noise, strange really for a near full house.
Same in black two now mate, very poor/ subdued. Block one i can understand cause the walk up tickets are mainly in that block so not always seasoned wall. Has been flat for sometime as i've said, don't know what the answer is if there is one.

Anyone mentions a drum and i will hunt you down and hurt you :grinning:

Same in black two now mate, very poor/ subdued. Block one i can understand cause the walk up tickets are mainly in that block so not always seasoned wall. Has been flat for sometime as i've said, don't know what the answer is if there is one.

Anyone mentions a drum and i will hunt you down and hurt you :grinning:
Is ok if I bring my mobile phone? Promise I won’t be blabbing on it. 😉
I thought the atmosphere was subdued due to nervousness about the game and fear of them nicking it. It’s happened before this season but can’t remember which game.