Atmosphere Saturday….

To be brutally honest mate, I'd happily go back to L1 & 2 if it meant I could enjoy my Millwall again, catch up with my mates, have a laugh and a few beers and muller the officials and oppo players for 90 minutes without having to push through crowds of people singing along to Sweet Caroline and eating p&m out of plastic fucking trays.

I don't think I will renew and agree with you about the outside negativity, but for me the problem is closer to home, the plastic shit behind the CBL, the day trippers (yes I know they spend but they dilute the essence of the club), the microphones and grass messages. I honestly don't enjoy going anymore.

The only reason I do go is to catch up with old pals, the league we are playing in has no bearing on that. We talk about becoming plastic, we ARE plastic. The Den isn't hostile or intimidating anymore
That stuff behind the CBL end maybe an attempt to fend off the council as we have said time and time to them that taking the car parking area away from us would hit our income streams making it certain we would have to move. The day trippers will likely disappear once we are mid table. (Next Season!!!)

Last edited:
Injections in the spine work for a bit but they hurt.
Spine is the weak point of the body for anyone doing physical work, sorry you have suffered more than most, I doubt you are in the best part of the country for doctors and hospital appointments either and Millwall ain't going to ease the pain , that's for sure, just hope you cope with it best you can.

A lot of people are too wrapped up in their own materialistic, selfish lives to want a sense of community where they live.
Up to their eyes in debt to get one up on their neighbours, who they don't even know. Madness.
I grew up in a shit hole estate, where everyone knew everyone else, adults would feed kids who didn't belong to them, front doors lay open with no fear of being robbed, you went to the shops for neighbours,bwhovwe had to address as Mr...or Mrs......without having to be asked twice, and if we misbehaved, it was normal to get a clip round the ear from a mate's mum or dad.
To me, that was a normal, proper and respectful upbringing.
We'd no fear of paedos or other weirdos, as being in Belfast, the cunts knew they'd get a 9mm in the kneecaps from the boys with the furry faces.
Society has been diluted, and the next generation are always casualty.
Being a lot younger than you I have only heard of such things.

I was talking the other day about how I'll be glad to go if I make it into my 80's, luckily I am now living in a small village in Norfolk with an elderly population, like yourself, it's like going back in time and I love it, locals that have lived here all their lives don't mind us outsiders, small community spirit and all the time people have honesty boxes outside their homes to sell their fruit, veg and eggs then I know I'm in the right place.

Last edited:
When we moved to the new gaff I was speaking to a senior steward and he said the Den is like Meccano and if needed they can easily add more seats above the current set up. Dunno who he spoke to but it does look a bit Meccano like so perhaps that’s the case.
I remember the chaps who wrote TLR were involved with talks with Reg Burr for a long time when the idea of moving started, not that he took any notice but a lot of time was spent discussing the new ground.
Basically we needed a 25k stadium but could only afford 12k so we ended up with what we got and a load of debt that eventually put us into administration but a lot of other reasons contributed to that eventually.
Filling in the corners should give us the 25k but above that means a 3rd tier which I thought the original foundations were built with that in mind.
Even with hindsight I don't see how staying at the old place would of been possible, as much as we would of liked it to be, unless JB would of took over back then.

I was talking the other day about how I'll be glad to go if I make it into my 80's, luckily I am now living in a small village in Norfolk with an elderly population, like yourself, it's like going back in time and I love it, locals that have lived here all there lives don't mind us outsiders, small community spirit and all the time people have honesty boxes outside their homes to sell their fruit, veg and eggs then I know I'm in the right place.
Just bought a gaff in Suffolk. Yours sounds very similar. Absolutely love it there but my other half's illness is stopping us from living there for now. Bring it on.

I was talking the other day about how I'll be glad to go if I make it into my 80's, luckily I am now living in a small village in Norfolk with an elderly population, like yourself, it's like going back in time and I love it, locals that have lived here all there lives don't mind us outsiders, small community spirit and all the time people have honesty boxes outside their homes to sell their fruit, veg and eggs then I know I'm in the right place.
Be very careful! They are luring you in! Norfolk is England's 'Deliverance' country. I'd book a holiday for Mayday if I were you, otherwise you might find yourself centre-stage in some pagan ritual😉

Just bought a gaff in Suffolk. Yours sounds very similar. Absolutely love it there but my other half's illness is stopping us from living there for now. Bring it on.
Lovely part of the world, you'll enjoy it when you get here, knocks fucking Romford into a cocked hat. (which ain't hard) 🤣🦁

Spine is the weak point of the body for anyone doing physical work, sorry you have suffered more than most, I doubt you are in the best part of the country for doctors and hospital appointments either and Millwall ain't going to ease the pain , that's for sure, just hope you cope with it best you can.
Ankylosis spondylitis is the condition I have, It doesn't effect some people unfortunately it stopped me in my tracks, I cope ok to be honest, Stopped me working and driving but I always think there's little kids out there with cancer, That puts it into perspective for me.

I agree that the mundane atmosphere has a lot to do with knu of "Tourists " . Easy to spot brand blue and white scarves and taking group photographs outside main .sta nd. I've never owned a scarf nor a shirt. I know I'm 'Wall and that's what matters.

F

Ankylosis spondylitis is the condition I have, It doesn't effect some people unfortunately it stopped me in my tracks, I cope ok to be honest, Stopped me working and driving but I always think there's little kids out there with cancer, That puts it into perspective for me.
Its a cunt mate. Mine dont stop me walking or driving, but look a bit like quasimodo, and my head position FFS forever banging me head,🤣 but handy if your looking for a pound on the floor. 😎

Lovely part of the world, you'll enjoy it when you get here, knocks fucking Romford into a cocked hat. (which ain't hard) 🤣🦁
Funnily enough my daughter was doing some shows in Romford so I visited it a few times recently. And you're right😁 Got 4 days coming up in Nayland next weekend. Marvellous.

That's exactly right....... Conditioned. Society is being conditioned and influenced to accept a new "normal", which we aren't supposed to question, or we're labelled as trouble makers and dinosaurs.
A big problem is the easy acceptance of successive governments lining their own pockets at the expense of the working man, and taking as gospel that these people are doing what is best for us.
All the shite on the internet and in the media, conforming to and not questioning what we're told.
If the new "normal" is a nation of sheep who regard the MSM, Lineker, Eddie Izzard, and other assorted fuckers as sources of wisdom, then I'm glad I'm the type of cunt who does his own thing.
Our Dads and Grandads, decent working class people, lived their lives providing for their families, looking out for their mates and neighbours despite whatever hardships they faced. If it was good enough for them, then it's good enough for me.
I'll always be an intransigent cunt.
Fuck em all.
summed up fantastiically,we was all brought to be our own man to question anyone or anything and to have a backbone.Like your background it was deep rooted in our working class areas mirrored into the millwall psyche just like any other similar areas in britain. If you object to anything you are now classed as wrongun to have defiance is to survive and i will not give in to a sheep mentalilty that the nodern britain wants and to a great degree has got aided by the systems auxillies who wear orange visors,old bill etc. fuck em i agree

summed up fantastiically,we was all brought to be our own man to question anyone or anything and to have a backbone.Like your background it was deep rooted in our working class areas mirrored into the millwall psyche just like any other similar areas in britain. If you object to anything you are now classed as wrongun to have defiance is to survive and i will not give in to a sheep mentalilty that the nodern britain wants and to a great degree has got aided by the systems auxillies who wear orange visors,old bill etc. fuck em i agree
👏👏👏

i know its not teh clubs fault but the ticket prices don't help. nearly thirty quid. i have a lawyer mate who find that restrictive! he has he his own outgoings and 60 odd quid for a game of football twice a month, plus the travel, etc, is not high on his priorities. the millwall of past was a solid working class club with local support drawn from the immediate area. we are still a local club, but that sense of people flooding in from the local streets is over and will never return.

Members online