Your thoughts on the rest of this season.

Althose who wanted rowlet out, deluded
With the players he brought in I was confident
Now we’re in a relegation battle
Look at what came down holding 90 mill, it’s a fkn battle to finish
Top 10

In the case of Esse yes he has undoubted talent and has shown flashes of brilliance but I’ve also watched him be totally anonymous and make the wrong decisions with the ball, he still has a fair bit of developing to do. Also like it or not the treatment Tyler Burey got has left an indelible mark on the club and how they bring players through.
Being mindful of what happened to Burey if it was my decision i'd play Esse more away from the Den. Listening to my boy last night who looks in on some Millwall facebook group that's quite busy and popular numbers wise he says that Edwards is getting a lot of negative reactions and the sensible posts calling for time and patience are not being that well recieved. After that performance at Norwich from the Rowett out brigade it's hard to see Edwards being given a pass for to long.

We are where we are. I think there’s enough green shoots of promise in the way Jedward wants us to play to give hope, if not this season but for the future. It’s the uncreative CMs that are a concern. If I have a scapegoat in all this, it’s Longman- he was outstandingly shit on Saturday and should have been hauled off at HT.

Surely, surely, all of the R O brigade knew that whoever took over needed time. Surely they did

If all the names mentioned at the interview process there wasn’t one who everyone wanted. And now Edwards has to go ????? Ridiculous!!!!
One of the points I raised at the time were :
Who would want the job????????
And now just take a look at yourselves

Transition means over time, no one was going to come in and get immediate results unless they continued to play the old way, (see G R)

The style of football will slowly change
Some players will get better
Some players will move on
Some new players will come in.

Chill people, we are not going down.

If the board are serious about a new style of footballing being played and a blueprint for the future, they need to come out and say and back JE as it will take time, especially if it means relegation and if it comes to that, who is going to be the scapegoat(s), the players, manager or the board as fickle supporters love a blame up.
Also, there are those who say they'd prefer to be in a lower league playing the likes of rochdale in front of real Wall of about 8k and no day trippers & foreigners, yet wetting themselves and complaing about the risk of relegation...Fuzzy logic in full effect.

Talking of which, it was a certain section of away supporters that give NH & GR a hard time, would the same lot act the same away if some of the younger players don't come up to scratch in their eyes?.

What I think is pretty immaterial, my views won't change anything. I'll go down and support them hoping for a few home wins and a mid table finish, but if we go down, we go down, not like it hasn't happened before. I get the young uns thinking we have a divine to be at the top of this league, but finances and history paint a very different story.

Go down there, meet your mates, take whatever is your poison, have a sing song and go home

As old Vera sang, Que sera sera

Dont think its time to hit the panic button with the new gaffer only 6 games in, if we are still in trouble end of February then maybe, the signs are there that he is going in the right direction.

Cannot understand people calling for Edwards head after only six games did they think we were going to play like Barcelona with the squad that we have ??

Not in the slightest bit worried after what i have seen Edwards trying to achieve so far, he will get there its just a matter of time

Edwards needs to be given a chance this season, but he could do himself a massive favour in winning sceptical supporters over if he backed up his statement that he was going to look at the youth side of things and bring some of them through, where possible! He’s had a few games now to see that Wallace at LB isn’t working, so at 0-0 with 20-30 minutes of the Cardiff game left on Saturday (before they scored), he could have replaced Wallace with Malaki to see if he could do something with his pace!

That then might have at least taken some of the pressure off of Cuffy who was targeted by two, sometimes three Cardiff players every time he took the ball forward! Nearly all of our attacks were coming from Cuffy down the right side, so an injection of pace down the left side might have given the Cardiff manager something else to think about! OK, it might not have worked with Malaki coming on. He might have been shit or not had a good enough game to change the final result, but at least Edwards would have seen what the player could/could not do in a physical Championship game!

The other worry might be is that if Edwards doesn’t fancy using Malaki (even though he’s had him on the bench recently), what’s going to happen when Bryan comes back and Edwards puts him straight in at LB? If Malaki is still on the bench and Bryan gets injured again (or subbed), will Edwards pass Malaki over in favour of someone like Longman (if he’s kept on in January) or give the young lad a chance?

We all want Edwards to turn this slump around and succeed, but to do that he needs to get an idea what ALL of his young or older players can and can’t do on the pitch, before knowing who to bring in to replace in the January window!

Just my opinion!

What I think is pretty immaterial, my views won't change anything. I'll go down and support them hoping for a few home wins and a mid table finish, but if we go down, we go down, not like it hasn't happened before. I get the young uns thinking we have a divine to be at the top of this league, but finances and history paint a very different story.

Go down there, meet your mates, take whatever is your poison, have a sing song and go home

As old Vera sang, Que sera sera
Spot on

I would start playing the youngsters and concentrating on pace and fitness. I would start making arrangements to move a good few players on. Sadly it still will not be enough, and I honestly think we will drop. Don't score many and can't defend is a recipe for disaster. He would have done brilliantly if he can keep us up. Hate writing this, but this is what I feel and think.

There's a lot of elements to consider, that include a faster paced championship this season, the transition period of having a new manager, and the subsequent tweaks to tactics JE brings to the table.
It will all fall into place eventually, but not all of our supporters have the patience to let "eventually" run it's course
Yes, we're not in an ideal position in the league at the minute, but what should We do?
Listen to those wanting him out, and gamble putting young lads on who may be out of their depth? Or continue on with our senior lads?
He's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.
I like to see some of our younger lads get some game time, but in a measured way - not as hoping they stop a team taking the piss out of us
But......if some of our younger lads got a game, and didn't live up to some of our supports possibly unrealistic expectations, do we expose the player to Burey type abuse, and risk knocking the heart out of another lad?
I don't think JE will take too many gambles on his team selection - at least until we're up the table a bit, and whether some like it or not, he's the boss.

Edwards needs to be given a chance this season, but he could do himself a massive favour in winning sceptical supporters over if he backed up his statement that he was going to look at the youth side of things and bring some of them through, where possible! He’s had a few games now to see that Wallace at LB isn’t working, so at 0-0 with 20-30 minutes of the Cardiff game left on Saturday (before they scored), he could have replaced Wallace with Malaki to see if he could do something with his pace!

That then might have at least taken some of the pressure off of Cuffy who was targeted by two, sometimes three Cardiff players every time he took the ball forward! Nearly all of our attacks were coming from Cuffy down the right side, so an injection of pace down the left side might have given the Cardiff manager something else to think about! OK, it might not have worked with Malaki coming on. He might have been shit or not had a good enough game to change the final result, but at least Edwards would have seen what the player could/could not do in a physical Championship game!

The other worry might be is that if Edwards doesn’t fancy using Malaki (even though he’s had him on the bench recently), what’s going to happen when Bryan comes back and Edwards puts him straight in at LB? If Malaki is still on the bench and Bryan gets injured again (or subbed), will Edwards pass Malaki over in favour of someone like Longman (if he’s kept on in January) or give the young lad a chance?

We all want Edwards to turn this slump around and succeed, but to do that he needs to get an idea what ALL of his young or older players can and can’t do on the pitch, before knowing who to bring in to replace in the January window!

Just my opinion!
100%.
I'm not saying throw 3 or 4 16 year olds into the starting 11, but if you have a couple of young energetic players with pace on the bench it gives you options.
Saturday was a prime example, due to injuries and suspensions we had a couple of youngsters on the bench, Cardiff were fucking shit, taking Nesbit off and replacing him with Bradshaw was a GR move.
We are far to easy to defend against, with a game like that it needed something different to get the win, not a like for like change putting a player on who is hopelessly out of form.

Since March last season with the exception of Leonard when fit the squad here then have been crap.
8 players have come in since of which Sarkic Casper Joe B and Rab have or are had spells out injured
BNC is excellent going forward
Harding have been a success
Campbell would rather be back at Luton
Longman except for a few moments has been moderate.
Aidimo all of a sudden looks like a little boy lost.
Esse aint got a look in

U21s I aint convinced the level they play at is no better non league based on the fact the players that have left on loan or permanently have done fuck all.if a player at millwall where resources are at a premium cant make the first team at 21 is wasting his time.

Manage that if you can
One of the Sheffield United Development squad who played in the final against us last season started against Brentford Saturday and lasted until 73th minute. So it might be worth giving some more of our youngsters a try 🤔

Last edited:
bit gutted to be honest
i just new after GR went that our season was over
we may get pulled in to a dog fight but don't think so
JE may well only get a few more games before it all starts
one big issue is his inexperience we have seen it a few times already
(highline v cov) a lot if people on hear were sure that the players we have were being held back By GR well guess we can all see that's not the case

Really want it to work out for JE but I've got nagging doubts.
G Graham had a bad start, then after he'd assessed the squad and cleared it all out, he turned it around.
Sadly that was 40 years ago and at a lower level.
We cannot afford to go down again come what may

I watched Edwards interview after Cardiff and he was extremely calm and had a quiet confidence about him. Either he is a fantastic actor or he really believes it, and what's more, believes in himself.

As others on here have rightly said, it's a season of transition. Famous last words and all that, but although we may flirt with the bottom three at times, I can't see us going down.
Robbo, this is his view and I can relate to it.

1 goal from 19 appearances says otherwise! We get a lot of 'this happened last season, we were only 45 minutes away from the playoffs last seaon'
What happened last season means fuck all now, apart from that one toe poke against a dreadful Rotherham he hasn't looked like scoring!! I like Bradshaw, but running around like a blue arse fly for an hour ain't gonna cut it in this league, we need pace and energy with means youth, Emakhu and Abdulmalik are 20/21 not teenagers!!!
Emakhu has potential but as we have already seen he needs to be eased in gently.

As for Abdulmalik, from what I’ve seen I honestly don’t think he’ll make it. He’s at Wealdstone at present, isn’t making the starting lineup and only occasionally coming on as a substitute. So most definitely not ready yet.

We are where we are. I think there’s enough green shoots of promise in the way Jedward wants us to play to give hope, if not this season but for the future. It’s the uncreative CMs that are a concern. If I have a scapegoat in all this, it’s Longman- he was outstandingly shit on Saturday and should have been hauled off at HT.
Uncreative CM has been the main problem for a few seasons now and, with De Norre out, isn’t going to change soon. Until Casper is back I’d gamble and put Leonard in CM with Danny coming in as RB.

BTW: Just sussed out the use of Jedward 🤦‍♂️