Your thoughts on the rest of this season.

Lion-in-exile

After a very turbulent few months:
1, Completely falling apart against Blackburn.
2, Losing JB.
3, GR leaving after a less than successful start to the season.
4, The Championship being a lot stronger this season than last.

I think JE has some very important decisions to make in the next few months.
This is just my opinion:
1, Barrett needs to be moved on, he has been at the club for ages, if we really are going in a completely new direction, yes keep him on to 'Hand over' but time for fresh ideas.
I would get Nugent in as 1st team coach, his side are very attacking and score goals for fun, let Robbo take over the 21's.
2, We need to get some youth and pace into the side, if not starting then on the bench, Saturday was a prime example, I fail to see the point of replacing Nisbet with Bradshaw! Very similar players who are good finishers but neither will 'make' something happen, with 20 odd minutes to go Cardiff were there for the taking, get Emakhu, Esse, Abdulmalik etc to run at them!

1, Barrett needs to be moved on, he has been at the club for ages, if we really are going in a completely new direction, yes keep him on to 'Hand over' but time for fresh ideas.
Completely agree. I thought it would be a given that he went with Rowett. He could be part of the problem. Even if he ain't the decks should cleared and start again. I did read the players like him which i didn;t know what to make of. Along with all that he's another defender and i'd rather an attacking coach cause that's part of our problem.

I think our whole club is going through a transition. This includes us the fans. Old guard are fucking it off at a rate of knotts and it seems we have a group that in a way reflects life- selfish, impatient, entitled and if they don't like something they want it banned - gone. See the treatment of Rowett for an example. I fear the same will happen with this new geezer cause the social media mob wanted promotion after we just missed last season. I said to my mate after Blackburn that they'll want a scapegoat and Rowett will be gone.

We seriously have a bunch of supporters that think we should be in the play offs at least if not automatic promotion. What was done to Rowett at Norwich, Harris at Luton worked cause they fucked off and this will happen to Edwards if he isn't delivering the expectations of some absolute fucking cretins. Young and old. I don't think Edwards will be here for the start of next season.

3, GR leaving after a less than successful start to the season.
You know when Rowett left we were two points better off than we were at the same point last season.

Social media has fucked many things. It has a massive role in shaping our kids. It has now become quite a tool for football fans that think they are being hard done by. There is aMillwall facebook group that would shame you to think we share a passion with these thundercunts. There's been several calls for Edwards to go already. Those platforms can be like echo chambers and once they get something going it can be quite effective albeit damaging to whoever these self entitled cunts are not happy with this week. Cancel culture mindset.

Being saying for years the whole club needs sorting out from youths upwards.Our recruitment is way behind even the likes of Luton or Ipswich.At the minute the team is half of Neil Harris players because most of Rowetts stop gap signings Afobe Bennett Keiftenbeld Evans Long and Voglsammer have already moved on.If we are to stay up this season the home form needs sorting out as we are bottom of the home form table in fact only 4 home wins in our last 18 and 2 of those were against Rotherham.If we cant compete on fees or wages then we need to get it spot on in the loan market we can have 5 in the matchday squad so that looks the way to go

Since March last season with the exception of Leonard when fit the squad here then have been crap.
8 players have come in since of which Sarkic Casper Joe B and Rab have or are had spells out injured
BNC is excellent going forward
Harding have been a success
Campbell would rather be back at Luton
Longman except for a few moments has been moderate.
Aidimo all of a sudden looks like a little boy lost.
Esse aint got a look in

U21s I aint convinced the level they play at is no better non league based on the fact the players that have left on loan or permanently have done fuck all.if a player at millwall where resources are at a premium cant make the first team at 21 is wasting his time.

Manage that if you can

Our play is neither one thing or another , players seem at a loss to know what to do with the ball , still not feeding the forwards and in the final third play is a mess ,defence as gone missing and we are giving away goals for fun, either we go back to what our players know till he can bring in footballing footballers or carry on .a very slippery slope

All a bit panicky, we missed Jake no question against Ipswich and Cardiff. Nisbet can control the pass at feet and a better option than Bradshaw. BNC was too far out wide for me on Saturday, needs the wing back role, with Leonard as close back up.
I like Casper, but Billy is a better option , Saville and Honeyman. Twin up Eydamo with Nisbet up front. As for Sarkic I hope it’s just not enough games.

Last edited:
One thing Edwards undoubtedly has on his CV is developing young players and he obviously has an eye for who can make the step and more importantly who is ready. If he doesn’t think that some of the lads pushing through now are quite ready to be thrown in at the deep end of a high pressure championship I would trust his judgement on that.

One thing Edwards undoubtedly has on his CV is developing young players and he obviously has an eye for who can make the step and more importantly who is ready. If he doesn’t think that some of the lads pushing through now are quite ready to be thrown in at the deep end of a high pressure championship I would trust his judgement on that.
Then we are in real danger of going down, this league is a different beast than last season, some big clubs have come down AND come up! It is a yard quicker for a start, players the wrong side of 30 will and have struggled. Wallace, Bradshaw and Flemming (I know he is under 30, he takes to much time on the ball)
As for Esse, fuck knows what needs to happen in a game for him to get on the pitch!
Losing heavily, drawing or chasing a game he still sits on the bench while Bradshaw comes on to achieve what exactly?

Or use Bradshaw, who has scored once this season!!!! And looks slow, and has barely had a kick all season!!
We need options mate, not like for like.

Or use Bradshaw, who has scored once this season!!!! And looks slow, and has barely had a kick all season!!
We need options mate, not like for like!!
It would help if our midfield actually created chances to score instead of passing sideways or backwards.whens the last time Billy Mitchell had an assist

I watched Edwards interview after Cardiff and he was extremely calm and had a quiet confidence about him. Either he is a fantastic actor or he really believes it, and what's more, believes in himself.

As others on here have rightly said, it's a season of transition. Famous last words and all that, but although we may flirt with the bottom three at times, I can't see us going down.

Then we are in real danger of going down, this league is a different beast than last season, some big clubs have come down AND come up! It is a yard quicker for a start, players the wrong side of 30 will and have struggled. Wallace, Bradshaw and Flemming (I know he is under 30, he takes to much time on the ball)
As for Esse, fuck knows what needs to happen in a game for him to get on the pitch!
Losing heavily, drawing or chasing a game he still sits on the bench while Bradshaw comes on to achieve what exactly?

Hopefully to score goals, Bradshaw reached double figures comfortably last season and he hasn’t lost that ability in the space of six months. Neither has the rest of the squad which pushed so hard for a play off position last time out.

Randomly chucking in teenagers isn’t the quick fix everyone seems to think it is. I have honestly lost count of the names that have been bandied around over the years that supporters think are the next best thing only to be playing Sunday morning football a few years later. Let’s not forget for example that Harris took incredible stick over refusing to throw a 17yr old George Alexander and Hayden Muller into a tough hard fought championship relegation battle.

In the case of Esse yes he has undoubted talent and has shown flashes of brilliance but I’ve also watched him be totally anonymous and make the wrong decisions with the ball, he still has a fair bit of developing to do. Also like it or not the treatment Tyler Burey got has left an indelible mark on the club and how they bring players through. Slinging them into an out of form team with the added pressure of a new manager and thick as shit fans isn’t going to help anyone. Let’s get the points to lift us up to mid table safety and then I’m sure Edwards will assess who can make the leap up.

Hopefully to score goals, Bradshaw reached double figures comfortably last season and he hasn’t lost that ability in the space of six months. Neither has the rest of the squad which pushed so hard for a play off position last time out.

Randomly chucking in teenagers isn’t the quick fix everyone seems to think it is. I have honestly lost count of the names that have been bandied around over the years that supporters think are the next best thing only to be playing Sunday morning football a few years later. Let’s not forget for example that Harris took incredible stick over refusing to throw a 17yr old George Alexander and Hayden Muller into a tough hard fought championship relegation battle.

In the case of Esse yes he has undoubted talent and has shown flashes of brilliance but I’ve also watched him be totally anonymous and make the wrong decisions with the ball, he still has a fair bit of developing to do. Also like it or not the treatment Tyler Burey got has left an indelible mark on the club and how they bring players through. Slinging them into an out of form team with the added pressure of a new manager and thick as shit fans isn’t going to help anyone. Let’s get the points to lift us up to mid table safety and then I’m sure Edwards will assess who can make the leap up.
1 goal from 19 appearances says otherwise! We get a lot of 'this happened last season, we were only 45 minutes away from the playoffs last seaon'
What happened last season means fuck all now, apart from that one toe poke against a dreadful Rotherham he hasn't looked like scoring!! I like Bradshaw, but running around like a blue arse fly for an hour ain't gonna cut it in this league, we need pace and energy with means youth, Emakhu and Abdulmalik are 20/21 not teenagers!!!

Personally I think this is a massive change for the players, it will take time. Basically we need to score, I’m sure Joe knows this and is editing this into his strategy of play. Too many ideas at once will confuse the brain. Losing Casper is a massive hit and will be missed. But I feel we will hit a purple patch of scoring, then the injection of confidence will kick in which we really need. Hopefully when everything has embedded itself in the team Casper and Joe will strengthen the team. Be patient.

Dont think its time to hit the panic button with the new gaffer only 6 games in, if we are still in trouble end of February then maybe, the signs are there that he is going in the right direction.

Cannot understand people calling for Edwards head after only six games did they think we were going to play like Barcelona with the squad that we have ??

Not in the slightest bit worried after what i have seen Edwards trying to achieve so far, he will get there its just a matter of time

Staff online

Members online