Worrying Signs

We all have opinions, I get cunted off for saying my Nan could score more than our forwards, even though she’s been dead for 20 odd years. Deep down we all love Millwall and want us to win, but we should be able to cast our opinions be they wrong in other peoples eyes. Opinions create debate . Let’s keep our expectations low then we should be happy if we manage to stay up.
🤣

You say that, but the last friendly is the one that the manager hopes is going to be near to the side he will pick for the first game of the season!

Some of those performances yesterday would‘ve had GR scratching his bonce and wondering if his team selection for next Saturday will have to be scrapped and re thought!

This was our 5th friendly, and you would expect professional footballers by that time to not be making the mistakes we saw yesterday. What we saw was two teams who, if a non football supporter was watching it, wouldn’t have known which side was playing in the 2nd tier, and who was playing in the 3rd tier.

2nd half Ipswich pretty much played us off the park, and towards the end, if it weren’t for Bart, some blocks and balls cleared off the line, we could have lost that game 2-1 or 3-1! The Ipswich players wanted the win more than us, and they and their manager will go into their first game of the season feeling much more confident than our players and manager will.

I don’t think that Rowett went into yesterday’s friendly with his first choice eleven in mind, I think that will come in a behind closed doors match this week which we’ll know little about.

Your second point on individual performances is a fair one. I thought that Hutch, Cooper and Bart’s distribution at times was woeful and they need to be better, especially if we are going to play out from the back a bit more. Flemming needs to realise quickly that he’s not going to get a free kick every time someone tackles him and he must be stronger on the ball, Rowett had him up front to start with and to be honest he looked well off the pace although later on he dropped deeper and looked a little bit more comfortable.

It wasn’t until we had made wholesale changes that Ipswich started to threaten, before that we looked ok defending but seemed happy to kind of meander through the game. If there’s one thing I’d like Rowett to do it’s get the side to come out on the front foot and show a bit of aggression and start to dominate teams, especially at home. Hopefully with a decent crowd next week the team (and manager) will respond, an early goal or even a good chance or big tackle will rile the place up but let’s get behind them first before we get too over critical.

2nd half Ipswich pretty much played us off the park, and towards the end, if it weren’t for Bart, some blocks and balls cleared off the line, we could have lost that game 2-1 or 3-1! The Ipswich players wanted the win more than us, and they and their manager will go into their first game of the season feeling much more confident than our players and manager will.
You can plate Ipswich all you want, but.....
Them and The Spotters, are going to be massive over achievers in League One for years to come.

:thumbup:

:grinning:

I remember watching a friendly a few years ago when we played a top Spanish side. We played really well and got a draw. Our new signing (Mahoney) looked the bollox and scored a great goal. A few months later we were fighting relegation, our manager left and Mahoney had one good game in him over the next 3 years. Friendliest mean nothing and hopefully next week we will be at it 100%

Although it was a friendly I did expect a bit more than what was served up and wanted to see more glimpses of what our new signings are capable of like I saw v the Swedish side...It was a boring game more akin to a can't be bothered kick around which was made harder by some fellas who cunted every one of our players any time they touched the ball,need to choose my seat for Saturday more wisely.
Still,looking forward to Saturday even though I have no idea how I'm actually going to get there and the crowd getting onside.

Personally not bothered by how we played in these mickey mouse games.
If however after 10,12,15 games things look to be all over the shop, then I might start to get the ump. 🤞Rowett has an idea of his starting line up, and agree we do need to be more attack minded this year, and with the signings made, all of which look more than half decent, and hopefully a couple of more additions we'll be sweet.
Can see the dutchman being a bit like Tim, arriving late in the box and nutting a few in, as well as his obvious shooting talent, once he's settled.
Bring it on, have faith that we will fuck everyone up COYL

Except that Jed scored two goals in our first three games last season & we haven’t bought anyone who’s likely to replace him.
It seems we are still being set up not to lose matches rather than to go out and actually win games.
There's no doubt that Jed is a loss but let's see how Honeyman and Fleming get on. They won't be like for like replacements for Jed but they could do well for us.

Why can’t anyone raise any genuine concerns on here without getting shouted down?
It's just someones opinion, put out into the open on socail media, it's how it works in modern times. The internet has turned most debates into a binary good or bad argument with no middle line, it's shit and nothing like going back to the Barnaby or Rising sun to talk about the game. There has to be a winner in internet land and fuck the facts or truth! If bods don't agree they're accused shouting/ shutting people down, as i was on a thread last week.

Bods screaming about everything going woke and having our freedoms of speach taken away, then in the next breath they're accusing someone else of shutting down/ and or closing the debate cause they disagree with your views, we need to find some balance!

I think some peoples patience get tested and then boil over. Slag the club for no signings in June, slag the club after they've signed players without a competitive ball being kicked, it's no surprise people bite and give a bit back cause it's been constant.

Last edited:
It's just someones opinion, put out into the open on socail media, it's how it works in modern times. The internet has turned most debates into a binary good or bad argument with no middle line, it's shit and nothing like going back to the Barnaby or Rising sun to talk about the game. There has to be a winner in internet land and fuck the facts or truth! If bods don't agree they're accused shouting/ shutting people down, as i was on a thread last week.

Bods screaming about everything going woke and having our freedoms of speach taken away, then in the next breath they're accusing someone else of shutting down/ and or closing the debate, we need to find some balance!

I think some peoples patience get tested and then boil over. Slag the club for no signings in June, slag the club after they've signed players without a competitive ball being kicked, it's no surprise people bite and give a bit back cause it's been constant.

Welcome back. You stayed away longer than me, mate.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fat Dan is a silly Cunt, talks bollocks for views for that shitty channel he has on you tube.

He looks like a chicken and herb lemon breast with a silly little beard.
I caught a bit of his 'Watch-Along-With-Dan' pish he appeared to be talking more about bacon and what he liked to have for breakfast, than the football, the fat mess

The whole preseason has seen a Millwall that plays with no pattern, no flow. By now we should be showing strong signs of our style of play. Just look at Ipswich for example, they had purpose and cohesion. This is very worrying. Fat Dan on Lions TV gave a spot on review.
I have just raised the same point on another thread. Everyone cant have a free role.

Except that Jed scored two goals in our first three games last season & we haven’t bought anyone who’s likely to replace him.
It seems we are still being set up not to lose matches rather than to go out and actually win games.

Saying this could backfire massively and leave me with egg on my cock especially if he can't settle off the field but I will say it anyway: If he plays anywhere near his potential, Flemming could get us promoted. His goal record for the last three seasons is miles ahead of Jed's. Let's hope he reproduces it for us.

Members online