Worrying Signs

We have made numerous changes throughout the friendlies. Have tinkered with positions. The only consistent has been that all of the squad have had minutes. Rowett should have an idea of his best team now and I do believe better is to come. But you cannot and will not get much out of pre-season friendlies.

I went yesterday hoping to see us look a better side than last year, unfortunately it was the same. I am now of the opinion it was only a friendly don't take any notice.
Ipswich obviously didn't treat it like that and played well. What worried me was how cheaply we still gave the ball away and spent long periods unable to get it back, and consequently created very little.
Still onwards and upwards and next week should be completely different.

Well I for one am slightly worried.
The last three friendlies have produced just two goals against inferior opposition (Hammerby excepted) and one of those was by a central defender.
& to be honest I wasn’t all that impressed with our performance at Dartford
Instead of kicking on from our decent form at the end of last season we seem to be back to square one.
It all sounds incredibly familiar

Fat Dan may be many things. But he ain't ever come on here calling somone a guy.

Slip off over to Charlton no life for a few weeks and re-learn some basic etiquette.
Fat Dan has a better beard than you, now thats saying something 😁

Slip off to Norwich so Marks Nan can wank you off with 6 fingers.

I was there yesterday and we were poor especially in the second half. But we must remember it was a friendly and football is a team game. You really cannot expect to sign five players in the last few weeks and expect that they are going to slot into the team seemlessly and we are all going to click in the first few minutes. There is no question that our squad is so much better than last year when we relied heavily on Jed to dig us out of a hole if we weren’t playing well. He is gone and we have to adapt to playing in a different way. That will take time and it could take a few games before it all gels together. Patience is the watch word and it is not a quality which is in abundance with Millwall fans.
As for Fat Dan, I do watch his channel and there are many times I agree with him and there are others that I think are way off the mark. But, he is a fan and all he is doing is giving his opinion, just like we all do on this forum. If you want a more balanced opinion regarding post match analysis then watch TT and Zak on the Drive Home.on YouTube.
I am looking forward to Saturday and the new season. It will have its ups and downs….like any Millwall season….but it does offer hope of a brighter season than last season. And it’s hope that kills you as you always think that it will be better. Let’s see!

Putting in my tuppence worth, of course it would have been great to see us winning all the friendlies, and our new signings slotting in to an aggressive, attacking line up.....but in reality, they were no more than warm ups.
Give the lads a while to settle, give GR a while to work out our strongest side, and hope everyone of the squad gives 100%.
Anything else is a bonus, and as long as we're not in a relegation battle, we'll do alright.

Why can’t anyone raise any genuine concerns on here without getting shouted down?

So much for debate.
We all have opinions, I get cunted off for saying my Nan could score more than our forwards, even though she’s been dead for 20 odd years. Deep down we all love Millwall and want us to win, but we should be able to cast our opinions be they wrong in other peoples eyes. Opinions create debate . Let’s keep our expectations low then we should be happy if we manage to stay up.

We played with an experimental line up yesterday and made seven substitutions through the game. You can’t take nothing out of a game like that other than individual performances and fitness.
You say that, but the last friendly is the one that the manager hopes is going to be near to the side he will pick for the first game of the season!

Some of those performances yesterday would‘ve had GR scratching his bonce and wondering if his team selection for next Saturday will have to be scrapped and re thought!

This was our 5th friendly, and you would expect professional footballers by that time to not be making the mistakes we saw yesterday. What we saw was two teams who, if a non football supporter was watching it, wouldn’t have known which side was playing in the 2nd tier, and who was playing in the 3rd tier.

2nd half Ipswich pretty much played us off the park, and towards the end, if it weren’t for Bart, some blocks and balls cleared off the line, we could have lost that game 2-1 or 3-1! The Ipswich players wanted the win more than us, and they and their manager will go into their first game of the season feeling much more confident than our players and manager will.

Staff online