Worrying signs

I cant believe so many players cant even pass the ball to one of their own team. The tactics are certainly a big part of the problem but the simple things we cannot even seem to get right. I hate this players not playing for the manager thing they should be playing for us the fans, but it does look like this is the case, if they dont want to then leave and go let someone elses hard earned pay your wages.

Negativity spreads negativity & that side yesterday were full of negativity.
Have the players just had enough? Looked like it to me.
This is a slippery slope.
Even the 2 wins before yesterday, we didnt look convincing but looking back, it looked like they are just ringing out the last bits of enthusiasm.

Only they know that.
Not so long ago I was doing a blokes barnet whos son went to the U23's on trial.
He said his boy reckons it was an unhappy camp.
All we can wish for is some form of shake up & get some enthusiasm back. Id rather see us fight for eachother and lose than that shit yesterday.

I cant believe so many players cant even pass the ball to one of their own team. The tactics are certainly a big part of the problem but the simple things we cannot even seem to get right. I hate this players not playing for the manager thing they should be playing for us the fans, but it does look like this is the case, if they dont want to then leave and go let someone elses hard earned pay your wages.
100% agree mate, but if you've got a boss who isnt encouraging them, listening to them & being a proper manager, its bound to take its toll.
Whether thats whats happening I dont know but looks like it to me.

With GR it's negative and when you have AB standing there it's a double negative.
Look how the players came alive after NH left and now the players seem to have that same feeling again.

Bad points.
5 at the back at home.
M Wallace isn't a wing back.
Slow ponderous play to get up the field.
Corners and crosses that invariably can't beat the first man.
No variation in free kicks and corners.
Alays seem to pass therir way down the narrowest part of the pitch.
Playing like for like players in midfield.
Holloweird style subs.

The list is endless.If the club aren't prepared to get rid of GR then at least get shot of AB and get a more attack minded number 2 and GR can concentrate on defensive stuff and day to day managerial bits.

The end.

Last edited:
I’ve said it before, but I wonder if Drawett and the players actually have a proper post mortem examination of the game they’ve just played, especially more so when we‘ve lost or drawn at home? Or is it just a case of, “Right lads, see you at training tomorrow and we’ll practice a bit more on those corners and spot kicks,” because it really seems that way to me!

We have cameras at the Den, filming for iFollow (when we could access it), so if each home game is recorded, are those games replayed to the players, so Drawett can stop and start the game at particular points to show where a player has made a mistake?

Granted, after yesterday’s horror show, Drawett and the players would have been analysing their mistakes till midnight, but how else will the players learn how they went wrong, unless they actually see where they went wrong in the first place? I can only think that the scenario I’ve painted doesn’t happen, because the players are still making the same mistakes as before, and they are not being pulled up about it!

I’ve said it before, but I wonder if Drawett and the players actually have a proper post mortem examination of the game they’ve just played, especially more so when we‘ve lost or drawn at home? Or is it just a case of, “Right lads, see you at training tomorrow and we’ll practice a bit more on those corners and spot kicks,” because it really seems that way to me!

We have cameras at the Den, filming for iFollow (when we could access it), so if each home game is recorded, are those games replayed to the players, so Drawett can stop and start the game at particular points to show where a player has made a mistake?

Granted, after yesterday’s horror show, Drawett and the players would have been analysing their mistakes till midnight, but how else will the players learn how they went wrong, unless they actually see where they went wrong in the first place? I can only think that the scenario I’ve painted doesn’t happen, because the players are still making the same mistakes as before, and they are not being pulled up about it!
The players are probably as baffled as us as to what game plan A is. I would imagine there are comments from the wingbacks saying who is supposed to help me when I go on the attack? Who covers the massive space behind me cos our centre backs are too slow for that and it’s knackering too. Saville is probably asking why if you bought me as an attacking midfielder am I way back in front of the back 5. Cooper is probably asking you know I play best in a two with Hutch but you want me to be pulled out to the wing when the oppo attack so I‘m not in our box to head out the cross and then you want me to attack down the left wing. It’s not really my skill set. Jed is probably saying you want me up the middle but I get no service so I have to move out to wing my proper position. Smith is probably asking if he can have a strike partner and wingers like Mahoney as hoofing it to him with his back to goal is pointless. I could go on but to sum it up, no one seems to be clear on the objectives, it’s boring to watch and boring to play and we are not playing to our players strengths. Either Rowett is too clever for the players (and all of us) or he is simply another Hollowhead who thinks he’s a mastermind.

Last edited:
We had plenty of them and i thought our only chance of scoring today was from a set piece or corner, but nothing happened. I might upset a few on here, but why does Jed takes all the corners with little or no variation as well as free kicks? He can't be the only player in the team that can swing in a corner or dead ball, we are so predictable which makes it a doddle for opposing managers to set up his team against us.
Jed reminds me of the boy at school who had the football, so picked the sides, took all the kicks etc 😉

I doubt it, i still believe that we sorely miss Rowetts sidekick Callum Davidson. We haven't looked the same since he left us for St Johnstone.
And there lies the key, when both him and Rowett were here, those first few games we looked to play some football on the front foot and it looked quite tidy at times. Especially by comparison to what had gone before .
Pretty soon after he went we reverted to these negative formations and tactics, ok it’s kept us in the championship on a shit budget blah blah blah and GR should be applauded for that.
But we ain’t progressing along with most of the other clubs in the division.
Luton have progressed, they are bigger stronger quicker score goals and organised. Yesterday they did a number on us good and proper.
We were shit and to be honest at one point I did think the players looked so disorganised it took me back to the Hollowhead fiasco.
In my book GR needs to change the predictable shit they serve up and quick or the ground with no atmosphere will turn on him by the end of next Saturday. That I am sure of.

The players are probably as baffled as us as to what game plan A is. I would imagine there are comments from the wingbacks saying who is supposed to help me when I go on the attack? Who covers the massive space behind me cos our centre backs are too slow for that and it’s knackering too. Saville is probably asking why if you bought me as an attacking midfielder am I way back in front of the back 5. Cooper is probably asking you know I play best in a two with Hutch but you want me to be pulled out to the wing when the oppo attack so I‘m not in our box to head out the cross and then you want me to attack down the left wing. It’s not really my skill set. Jed is probably saying you want me up the middle but I get no service so I have to move out to wing my proper position. Smith is probably asking if he can have a strike partner and wingers like Mahoney as hoofing it to him with his back to goal is pointless. I could go on but to sum it up, no one seems to be clear on the objectives, it’s boring to watch and boring to play and we are not playing to our players strengths. Either Rowett is too clever for the players (and all of us) or he is simply another Hollowhead who thinks he’s a mastermind.
Yeah, but we know the players aren’t saying this to the manager! If they had of done, you’d like to think that Drawett would have at least listened to them, if not implemented what they were saying to him!

Perhaps some of the more senior players have said something to Drawett, and he’s just not listening to them! We know he can be stubborn, so maybe he doesn’t like his authority and tactics questioned! That might be why the performances of late haven’t been very good, because the players have just given up with him! They simply do as their told, play it the Drawett way, and now can’t be fucked if they win, lose or draw!

The Forest players seemed to be playing that way under Hughton, and it wasn’t until Cooper took over, that his appointment seemed to galvanise the players. In the four games under Cooper’s reign they’ve drawn one (against us), and have won the next three after that!

Perhaps someone at the club needs to have a quiet word with JB, and give him those Forest statistics. It might then give him the courage to do what has to be done: fire Drawett and bring in a forward thinking, attack minded manager!

I doubt it, i still believe that we sorely miss Rowetts sidekick Callum Davidson. We haven't looked the same since he left us for St Johnstone.
Peckham, I know it’s all ifs and buts, but if JB did fire Rowett, and spoke to Davidson, do you think he would leave the relatively comfortable position he‘s in at the moment with St. Johnstone, or do you think he might come to us, relishing the chance to manage in a better league, against better players and managers, and with the possible potential of promotion if he gets it right?

If GR does leave, I fear that it will be Adam Barrett in charge, could he be better then GR?
Barrett is the one who set's up all the set plays ,he is the reason they are so rigid boring and predictable ,I cannot see what he offer's GR's management team ,Davidson is /was the brains behind GR's operation ,we have been stuck in limbo since he left after the 3-0 forest result and start of new season.

Yeah, but we know the players aren’t saying this to the manager! If they had of done, you’d like to think that Drawett would have at least listened to them, if not implemented what they were saying to him!

Perhaps some of the more senior players have said something to Drawett, and he’s just not listening to them! We know he can be stubborn, so maybe he doesn’t like his authority and tactics questioned! That might be why the performances of late haven’t been very good, because the players have just given up with him! They simply do as their told, play it the Drawett way, and now can’t be fucked if they win, lose or draw!

The Forest players seemed to be playing that way under Hughton, and it wasn’t until Cooper took over, that his appointment seemed to galvanise the players. In the four games under Cooper’s reign they’ve drawn one (against us), and have won the next three after that!

Perhaps someone at the club needs to have a quiet word with JB, and give him those Forest statistics. It might then give him the courage to do what has to be done: fire Drawett and bring in a forward thinking, attack minded manager!
You are right Pearce may actually say something. Perhaps that’s why he’s not even on the bench. The players are probably as fed up as us.

Rowett is going to lose the crowd in the next 2-3 games if we play like we did yesterday. I hope JB is already making informal inquiries about the next manager because once our crowd turns, it's game over for Rowett!
On paper, we've got a decent squad with some good attacking players. So the buck really does stop with Rowett. Is he brave enough to change things? I doubt it...

That really was a piss poor performance yesterday, but isn't it a bit early to be pressing the alarm bell? A couple of weeks ago most of the talk was about the play-offs.

Having said that, I think that we do have problems. (My comments are based on what I see on iFollow; those at the ground will have a much broader and better perspective). Cooper has been poor all season but can't be dropped currently unless everyone is fit and/or we change to 4 at the back. Murray rarely puts in a rank bad display, but he doesn't offer as much as Malone going forward. There is no creativity in centre midfield but the only way of solving that problem is to buy someone in January. I can't share the general enthusiasm for Afobe and think that he'll struggle to reach double figures in goals; he just doesn't look like a natural goalscorer to me (he should have been on the end of an Ojo cross yesterday). Outside the box, he works hard and is ok at holding up the ball, but he never takes the opportunities when he might run at defenders.

To end on a cheery note, if Murray and Danny Mac. are injured and unavailable - why else would Danny have been subbed yesterday? - then that probably means a back 4 of Ballard (at RB), Hutch, Pearce or Evans and Cooper (LB) on Tuesday. There's something to look forward to!