Worrying signs

Jeds statement before yesterday's farce might explain a lot.
He admires the Luton manager/coach Nathan Jones style of play and the aggression and attack minded attitude of Luton. And would not mind playing for him.
Looks like GR's tactics are affecting the players and performances.
Interesting.

I think Jed’s comments could have two desired meanings! The first could be him telling the other Championship and Prem managers to ‘come and get me in January,’ and the 2nd could be to let Drawett know what he, and perhaps others in the team, really think about the manager’s awful formations, and his terrible tactics that produces dull, boring, defensive football! All of it said without having to have a showdown meeting with Drawett, that could end up in some sort of verbal clash which is then splashed over the red tops back pages, causing serious damage to the club in the process!

Will Jed’s comments make Drawett sit up and listen? I doubt it. Drawett is a stubborn fucker, and he probably doesn’t care what any of his players think about him or his tactics! More importantly, will Jed’s comments get back to JB? Will he be concerned enough to hot foot it across the Atlantic to deal with this situation?

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what, if anything, transpires over the next few days!

Never thought I'd ever write these words in my life but here goes:

We badly miss Malone.
The words I never ever thought I’d utter is “I think I’m done with Millwall”

Watching yesterday with the terrible atmosphere with 15k and a manager that is so far away from the Millwall way made me feel very detached.

Things aren’t great away from Millwall so I’ll spare us, but I’ve never felt so fkin pssed off with our great club.

The words I never ever thought I’d utter is “I think I’m done with Millwall”

Watching yesterday with the terrible atmosphere with 15k and a manager that is so far away from the Millwall way made me feel very detached.

Things aren’t great away from Millwall so I’ll spare us, but I’ve never felt so fkin pssed off with our great club.

Keep the faith, Champs. You've been Millwall a lot longer than the management and the owners. It's in the blood.

I received seven texts from various mates at yesterday's game while it was progressing.

They all had one thing in common, Robbo. They each, independently, said how little they were enjoying the football they were seeing.

It appears entertainment at a football game is for others, not Millwall fans. It has become a thrill-less event, and has been since Harris...a long time now.

Earlier in the week I got a message from a season ticket holder of some 50 years that he found it just too hard going now to make the effort of getting to a game and sit there bored rigid.

There is a common theme and I find it very, very sad. Surely the manager must understand there has to be an entertainment value to a game. I'm sure he'll argue to guarantee us Championship football that element must be compromised. And I understand and sympathise with that.

Bt that doesn't make it any easier for the punter who looks forward to his game each week and then find his team sporting FOUR centre backs at a home game against mid-tase opposition.

There has to be some kind of meeting of the ways, somehow... Not least to help the commercial department, too. They find it much easier to raise money on positivity than negativity. So there is a secondary commercial consideration to this, also.

Incidentally, one of those I got messages and updates from yesterday was Moody. His daughter was going to her first Millwall game...making it FIVE generations of Millwall supporters in his family. He was deeply saddened that her very first experience was that...
I was saying on Saturday that I'm glad I decided to not renew my ST this season. When I had a ST I felt obliged to go to every single game and that I was missing out it I didn't, but I don't actually want to feel obliged to go anymore.
Furthermore, now I'm buying individual tickets I've been surprised how much the price has increased, and it's made me question the value of it. Cheapest ticket was £32 on Saturday... Now that might not be a fortune to many, but when you judge value by what you are receiving for that 32 quid, it's pretty poor. A mate came on Saturday from just outside London and the day, well the afternoon as we only had a couple of pints after, cost him over £100! For what?
It's not just me either; at least 3 mates of mine, who all have season tickets, have not been going regularly, despite their ST.
There seems a real flatness to the whole atmosphere. It's obviously been becoming more and more sterile over the last 25 years, but this season I really feel a marked difference in the atmosphere. It's sterile, muted and depressed.
It's a real shame.

Very odd content from Jed speaking to London News Online about Luton’s manager Jones, Wallace said: “He’s done a great job. He’s a manager I’ve always looked at and thought ‘I’d like to play for the guy’. He has a really attacking style of play. They get on the front foot. “They are one of the smaller clubs in the league but they certainly play with that energy, they are very aggressive.”

I thought Saturday’s lack of effort and commitment by the players was very typical of the manager having lost the dressing room - they won’t play for him - something isn’t right behind the scenes and Jed’s public comment above tells us everything about what he thinks of GR and he plainly feels he is not the only one who feels that way - this can’t last!

Just watched Rowetts after match comments. It appears as though he expects and wants the team he selects to attack and get on the front foot more but it didn't happen. I'm sure a chunk of that is down to the defensive selection, but maybe the players are not capable or for whatever reason can't be fucking arsed to put in a shift. Rowett of course has the opportunity to change things while the game is in progress but either he doesn't or the players just don't buy into him or any of the tactics.
There is of course the fact that he might just be saying what we want to hear when the camera is on him.
It's a fucking mystery, but it needs sorting before we start a slide down amongst the dead men.

I personally do not like Rowett and his style of play. I don't like his recruitment or the way he has given the likes of Bradshaw a contract whilst not giving some of our youngsters (Mitchell & Oloafe) a fair crack. Mitchell looked very good against Leicester for example. Oloafe has pace to burn, something we lack. Perhaps a loan will be good for him and we will benefit, but he's 22 already.... Same with Burey who was flying pre injury.

I also think Rowett's subs are on a par at times with Holloway at his worst. He looks devoid of ideas at times.

He is so so cautious and and t's affecting the squad, it's a far cry from when he first took over and we looked dangerous, scored goals, defended well and saw games out with ease.

Having said that, when he gets it right, ie Barnlsey away, we looked ike scoring gals, had plenty of chances and won comfortably in the end, however, we get performances like yesterday far too often.

He's given us two top half finishes, he's a safe pair of hands. I cant see JB wanting him gone unless the players have turned - which I've heard many people claim, yet it didn't look that way at Barnsley so what could have changed in two weeks international break?

What we don't need is over the top reactions all the time.

However, If we do sack Rowett, get Mark Robbins in!

I personally do not like Rowett and his style of play. I don't like his recruitment or the way he has given the likes of Bradshaw a contract whilst not giving some of our youngsters (Mitchell & Oloafe) a fair crack. Mitchell looked very good against Leicester for example. Oloafe has pace to burn, something we lack. Perhaps a loan will be good for him and we will benefit, but he's 22 already.... Same with Burey who was flying pre injury.

I also think Rowett's subs are on a par at times with Holloway at his worst. He looks devoid of ideas at times.

He is so so cautious and and t's affecting the squad, it's a far cry from when he first took over and we looked dangerous, scored goals, defended well and saw games out with ease.

Having said that, when he gets it right, ie Barnlsey away, we looked ike scoring gals, had plenty of chances and won comfortably in the end, however, we get performances like yesterday far too often.

He's given us two top half finishes, he's a safe pair of hands. I cant see JB wanting him gone unless the players have turned - which I've heard many people claim, yet it didn't look that way at Barnsley so what could have changed in two weeks international break?

What we don't need is over the top reactions all the time.

However, If we do sack Rowett, get Mark Robbins in!
Bloody hell!

So you’re saying that Drawett got it right, by giving you plenty of chances, where you looked like scoring gals?

Always thought the gals in Barnsley were rough, but your post is saying the opposite! 🤣

Seriously, though!

There is no way Mark Robbins would ever come to us! Firstly, JB wouldn’t be able to give him the money he’d want, to get the better players in to give us a shot at promotion, and secondly, why would he leave Coventry, when they are already in the play offs, and only two points off an automatic promotion place!

Great post, Whisky.

Good to know that Moody is alive and well.

Did you, by any chance, enquire as to whether he might be thinking of returning to this forum?

I always enjoyed his posts and I’m sure he’d be welcomed back here with open arms!
I don't think Moody is any great hurry to return.

I know he felt he was being victimised and bullied on here by one particular individual, and though he didn't lose a moment's sleep about it, equally he didn't feel that that was why he joined MO: to be constantly harangued.

He just felt he was wasting his time and energy.

Sad, really.

I know he felt he was being victimised and bullied on here by one particular individual, and though he didn't lose a moment's sleep about it, equally he didn't feel that that was why he joined MO: to be constantly harangued.

Sad, really.
Indeed.

Let’s hope he has a change of heart one day.

Hope that day is soon.

I honestly can't work out why a professional footballer can't beat the first man when taking a corner... It's like a bricklayer laying a brick the wrong way around... Just shouldn't happen.
All players whether they are a winger or centre back should be able to cross a ball.
If they can play hoof ball they can beat the first man from a corner.
Remember big Kitch could cross a ball quite well.

Sad, really.
Name and shame

Having now calmed down after Saturday I'm hoping that performance was a one off.

I can't ever remember a game where I felt so out of touch with what was going on. I did the usual singing and clapping at the start and sang No one likes us once maybe twice but for the rest of the time I sat in stunned silence unable to take in just how bad we were.

I clearly wasn't alone in thinking this and that just cannot continue as gates will dwindle. It's my love of Millwall and family heritage that is keeping me going, the entertainment of the games at the moment is minimal.

After sitting through 94 minutes of dire football, it’s hit me very hard around the face how bad our problems really are.

Today was men against boys in every aspect.

Luton got their tactics spot on.
We couldn’t even muster a new system in the second half after clearly being second best in the first.

Their players wanted it desperately.
Our players looked arrogant and devoid of work ethic for most of the game.

They were up our arses all game.
We were 5-10 yards away for 94 minutes.

Their players got their crowd going.
Our players got our crowd booing.

It was one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Millwall home side for many years and possibly the worst ever in a London Derby at the den. We were abysmal.

A day I was looking forward to ruined by Rowetts tactics and the effort of our players.

Absolute dog shit, Rowett needs to step up or fck off. It’s about time we put an end to this drab style of negative football. Part of me is glad that we got royalty fcked as it may just wake a few people up to smell the coffee.

Another 1er up the swanny!
Just seen this mush.
Whilst agreeing with nearly everything you say.
No matter how you cut it, Luton ain't in London.

I really think the players are as peed off as us. I’d like to see what their answers would be to what their favourite formations are. I’d bet none would say 523

Not enough options to name all the members though mate 😁
:grinning:

I thought he disappeared cause he signed up under another monicka pretending to be a Charlton fan. He went on to insult many here by implying we're washed up thugs whilst bringing my kids into the row. He was sussed within seconds and fucked off sharpish. He was a decent poster, but if you pull a stunt like that whilst trying to fool and insult some very decent chaps you'd expect to be on the end of a cunting. If that's what he thinks was bullying then he only had himself to blame.

I got a message from a poster some time back saying well done for sticking up to and giving it back to a poster on here who is widely disliked and a bully( not my words but those of the bod that pm'd me). So, it seems that there's a few bullys on here, quick to point the finger about others but don't recognise there own shithousery when it's staring them in the face.