Worrying signs

champs08

After sitting through 94 minutes of dire football, it’s hit me very hard around the face how bad our problems really are.

Today was men against boys in every aspect.

Luton got their tactics spot on.
We couldn’t even muster a new system in the second half after clearly being second best in the first.

Their players wanted it desperately.
Our players looked arrogant and devoid of work ethic for most of the game.

They were up our arses all game.
We were 5-10 yards away for 94 minutes.

Their players got their crowd going.
Our players got our crowd booing.

It was one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Millwall home side for many years and possibly the worst ever in a London Derby at the den. We were abysmal.

A day I was looking forward to ruined by Rowetts tactics and the effort of our players.

Absolute dog shit, Rowett needs to step up or fck off. It’s about time we put an end to this drab style of negative football. Part of me is glad that we got royalty fcked as it may just wake a few people up to smell the coffee.

Another 1er up the swanny!

After sitting through 94 minutes of dire football, it’s hit me very hard around the face how bad our problems really are.

Today was men against boys in every aspect.

Luton got their tactics spot on.
We couldn’t even muster a new system in the second half after clearly being second best in the first.

Their players wanted it desperately.
Our players looked arrogant and devoid of work ethic for most of the game.

They were up our arses all game.
We were 5-10 yards away for 94 minutes.

Their players got their crowd going.
Our players got our crowd booing.

It was one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Millwall home side for many years and possibly the worst ever in a London Derby at the den. We were abysmal.

A day I was looking forward to ruined by Rowetts tactics and the effort of our players.

Absolute dog shit, Rowett needs to step up or fck off. It’s about time we put an end to this drab style of negative football. Part of me is glad that we got royalty fcked as it may just wake a few people up to smell the coffee.

Another 1er up the swanny!
Totally agree with all of that, except Rowett, I fear like Harris before him believes it's his way or no way; the reason he persists with 5 at the back. Why play Cooper when we can all see he is bang out of form, why Evan's, when Mitchell gives us so much more positivity? I could go on and on...

It has crossed my mind a few times this season that at times we look like relegataion candidates. Today was the first time that i thought the players don't look happy and aren't playing for the manager or fans, that is a worry if it's the case. I hope i'm wrong but we've been there too many times in the past, the feeling is familiar and today reminded me of that.

Last edited:
It has crossed my mind a few times this season that at times we look like relegataion candidates. Today was the first time that i thought the players don't look happy and aren't playing for the manager or fans, that is a worry if it's the case. I hope i'm wrong but we've been there too many times in the past and today reminded me of that.
I usually sit upstairs in the cbl, but today sat down in care in the community with mama and all the rest... What struck me was the look of utter dejection on Jed's face when he was going to take corners. He looked utterly fucked off. And his corners were woeful.

Last edited:
I usually sit upstairs in the cbl, but today day down in care in the community with mama and all the rest... What struck me was the look of utter dejection on Jed's have when he was going to take corners. He looked utterly fucked off. And his corners were woeful.
We had plenty of them and i thought our only chance of scoring today was from a set piece or corner, but nothing happened. I might upset a few on here, but why does Jed takes all the corners with little or no variation as well as free kicks? He can't be the only player in the team that can swing in a corner or dead ball, we are so predictable which makes it a doddle for opposing managers to set up his team against us.

It has crossed my mind a few times this season that at times we look like relegataion candidates. Today was the first time that i thought the players don't look happy and aren't playing for the manager or fans, that is a worry if it's the case. I hope i'm wrong but we've been there too many times in the past, the feeling is familiar and today reminded me of that.
Couldn’t agree more. If it’s the case that some of our players are pissed off, then it’s time to get the youngsters in. Absolute joke.

We had plenty of them and i thought our only chance of scoring today was from a set piece or corner, but nothing happened. I might upset a few on here, but why does Jed takes all the corners with little or no variation as well as free kicks? He can't be the only player in the team that can swing in a corner or dead ball, we are so predictable which makes it a doddle for opposing managers to set up his team against us.
I honestly can't work out why a professional footballer can't beat the first man when taking a corner... It's like a bricklayer laying a brick the wrong way around... Just shouldn't happen.

If it’s the case that some of our players are pissed off, then it’s time to get the youngsters in.
There'd be no point if Rowett drills them the same way mate, not sure it'd do them any good in the long term, more so if the crowd start to turn on them. Players look shackled by the defend at all times mindset, we have attacking players on the pitch that look scared to go forward with the ball. Maybe we are over reliant on Jed, maybe he thinks it's all about him, fuck knows but we are toothless in attack. Coventry and Luton both got into our box with 4 or 5 passes from there own penalty. we fuck about with it in our own half which invariably loses us possession and puts us on the back foot.

Last edited:
Noticed this all season every opposing team looks bigger stronger and fitter than us.They all play a system that their players are comfortable with even when Blackpool went down to 10 they looked like getting a draw.Every team has a threat up front and put away chances when they come along.Says a lot about our recruitment that five years at championship level our 3 main strikers are Smith Bod and Bradshaw

There'd be no point if Rowett drills them the same way mate, not sure it'd do them any good in the long term, more so if the crowd start to turn on them. Players looked shackled by the defend at all times mindset, we have attacking players on the pitch that look scared to go forward with the ball. Maybe we are over reliant on Jed, maybe he thinks it's all about him, fuck knows but are toothless in attack. Coventry and Luton both got into our box with 4 or 5 passes from there own penalty. we fuck about with it in our own half which invariably loses us possession and puts us on the back foot.
The reason we fuck around with it in our own half is, most if not all of our players are in our own half, this won't change untill we stop this 5 at the back, if we leave say 3 players upfield then that drags more opposition players out of our half, but it's GR and he knows "best"

If GR does leave, I fear that it will be Adam Barrett in charge, could he be better then GR?

This 5 at the back shite needs to stop, we're hamstringing the attacking talent we have. I've said on here before that we've got a player in Afobe who could go on a decent scoring run but the way we line up isolates Jed and now Ojo, leaving Afobe adrift. Ditch a defender, get a midfielder in there to break up attacks and get the ball forward into the danger areas. I was in the 'Glass half full' Club last week but that glass has sprung a leak

There'd be no point if Rowett drills them the same way mate, not sure it'd do them any good in the long term, more so if the crowd start to turn on them. Players look shackled by the defend at all times mindset, we have attacking players on the pitch that look scared to go forward with the ball. Maybe we are over reliant on Jed, maybe he thinks it's all about him, fuck knows but we are toothless in attack. Coventry and Luton both got into our box with 4 or 5 passes from there own penalty. we fuck about with it in our own half which invariably loses us possession and puts us on the back foot.
Funny you say that, cos I thought we looked a bit better and more balanced without Jed against Coventry. It was like there were more options, because we weren't just relying on him.
As an aside, I thought Ojo looked quality today... Never wasted the ball once. Lively and incisive.

Funny you say that, cos I thought we looked a bit better and more balanced without Jed against Coventry.
Likewise. Last season we took Sheffield Wednesday apart putting four past them without Jed in the side so we can play a bit and score without him. Yes he's a good player for us but we shouldn't be so reliant on him.

I doubt it, i still believe that we sorely miss Rowetts sidekick Callum Davidson. We haven't looked the same since he left us for St Johnstone.
I doubt it to, but I have a bad feeling that no matter what, AB will be our next manager, was kept at the club after Harris left and then promoted to assistant manager, and I don't think it would have been GR's pick.

Lutons Manager got the tactics spot on, they did to us what we normally do to the oppo, we got bullied all over the pitch and could not handle it, i bet Dan Ballard and others are covered in bruises this morning, that was the toughest game he has had since joining us.

Expect more of the same for the rest of the season because that would have been noted by others and reported back.

Members online