Why aint we signed anyone yet

Jed Wallace has been a good player for us. He ain’t a legend though, let’s have it right. He’s a young bloke trying to earn as much as he can in a short career and good luck to him, he’s got mouths to feed. The Forest ship has probably sailed as they can get more for their dough now after promotion. But the minute West Brom, Sheffield United or one of them flash their tits at him offering to double his money, he will be off like a shot. Make no mistake. If it don’t happen we will get all the old bollocks, I couldn’t leave Millwall, club means too much to me, all that old shit. Like having a bird who ain’t all that and waiting to see if a better one turns up before you take her home! That’s the game he’s playing at the minute

He wants to play at a higher level, let it go mate. I'm sure that would make for a happy dressing room when a bang average player is earning twice the amount as anyone else. There's players playing in the league that Jed dreams about on less than £30k a week. We're losing money by the day, JB is pumping loans in and bods want the club to jeopardise everything on a bloke that runs fast but can't consistently pass the ball two yards to feet or read the game properly

Hitting

Yeah, you're right. He wasn't great last season anyway. Paying Skalak and Mahoney those wages was batshit crazy though.

2nd week of August, back off my holidays, I'll take my place in the Dockers Lower, look at the team and say 'who is that number 42 in defence, what's the name of the new geezer in midfield, when will they get a decent pint in here?' Game kicks off, normal service resumed. Until then I'm not interested
I'm still saying that at Christmas

We never make early signing's , if we do they are loans that we bought or a lge 1 player that none of us had heard of , it would be nice for once to get a sit up and get excited big ( for ) us signing to start the ball rolling and get us excited for the new season , we have a solid spine that just needs some back up and competion and a big of flare ,
Afobe and Burke I think will join one way or another ,Feeman may have impressed behind the scenes , an attacking midfielder is a must along with some firepower up top . if we don't get a bit of quality in then we may have to play boreball again next season which is fkn hard to watch , we have shown at times we can play a bit .
I gave up checking for rumour's years ago so much bollox when the club say this or that then I believe it.

Yeah, you're right. He wasn't great last season anyway. Paying Skalak and Mahoney those wages was batshit crazy though.
What do we get in return if the club doubled his wages is what i'd like to know. Double the goals, assists and stepovers, a play off place? I'm not even sure the club could do that given we are restrained by ffp rules. Another thing that i'd be mindful of is what happens if the player losses a yard of pace, what's has got left then. Anyway, i'm off to scare the shit out of my posh neighbours with a fucking massive monks chant in the middle the road.

:guitar:

Last edited:
What do we get in return if the club doubled his wages is what i'd like to know. Double the goals, assists and stepovers, a play off place? I'm not even sure the club could do that given we are restrained by ffp rules. Another thing that i'd be mindful of is what happens if the player losses a yard of pace, waht has got left then. Anyway, i'm off to scare the shit out of my posh neighbours with a fucking massive monks chant in the middle the road.

:guitar:

I suspect he's gone already and it's for the best. He won't hit the heights of a few seasons back again. When he didn't play last season other players took responsibility and we didn't miss him. I would rather any wage we'd pay him go to McNamara and Mitchell, who are the heartbeat of the team and their drive and passion could sustain the club and our philosophy in the coming years. That said, Jed gave his absolute all for us, and he deserves our respect.

Where on the o/s does it say that

I found the following

Millwall will face Dartford and Ipswich Town in two pre-season friendlies ahead of the 2022/23 Sky Bet Championship campaign.

Following The Lions' training camp in the Republic of Ireland, Gary Rowett's side will travel to Kent to take on The Darts on Tuesday 12th July (kick-off 7.45pm), before welcoming The Tractor Boys to SE16 on Saturday 23rd July (kick-off 3pm) a week before the season commences.

Tickets for the match at Princes Park can be purchased here at a cost of £10 adults, £5 concessions and £2 juniors, with selling details for the Ipswich friendly at The Den to be confirmed.
I deffo read it somewhere! Thought it was on the OS. Must have been a dream. My bad.

Its old age, you see. I’ll be 59 next April, and the mind is already playing tricks on me! Sure it won’t get any better! :grinning:

The club shouldnt worry about Jed ,at this moment in time he isnt a Millwall player any more so dont worry about protecting the wage he may be after to re-sign. We offered him a new deal which he didnt feel was good enough for him so thats the end of it and good luck to him in the future. Get players in we need on the wages they need who want to play for us, then if he comes back saying he wants to stay he will have to take whats on offer.

If we offered Jed another £10k a week over a three year contract then we’re affectively signing him for 1.5 million, but with payments spread over 3 years, instead of in one lump sum.

I think most would agree that would be a decent price for a player like Jed Wallace

I suspect he's gone already and it's for the best. He won't hit the heights of a few seasons back again. When he didn't play last season other players took responsibility and we didn't miss him. I would rather any wage we'd pay him go to McNamara and Mitchell, who are the heartbeat of the team and their drive and passion could sustain the club and our philosophy in the coming years. That said, Jed gave his absolute all for us, and he deserves our respect.
I thought we did miss him when he didn't play last season, when he returned to the team, our results picked up I think (I could be wrong)

If we offered Jed another £10k a week over a three year contract then we’re affectively signing him for 1.5 million, but with payments spread over 3 years, instead of in one lump sum.

I think most would agree that would be a decent price for a player like Jed Wallace
I agree, I don't think you would get a player for less then 3m to replace him like for like

The club shouldnt worry about Jed ,at this moment in time he isnt a Millwall player any more so dont worry about protecting the wage he may be after to re-sign. We offered him a new deal which he didnt feel was good enough for him so thats the end of it and good luck to him in the future. Get players in we need on the wages they need who want to play for us, then if he comes back saying he wants to stay he will have to take whats on offer.
From what I understand, we have offered him a new deal and he hasn't made his mind up yet, he is still under contract until the end of the month.

No one really knows what has been offered to him, we all know we have a budget, and we all know Millwall have always tried to do things on the cheep

I think he will sign when he gets back.

I agree, I don't think you would get a player for less then 3m to replace him like for like
Even if we gave him an extra 15k a week (I don’t know what he’s currently on) that would only equate to 2.25 mill over three years. As you say, we’d have to spend more than that to replace him and the player we replace him with might not be the right ‘fit’ for the club and could flop. At least with Jed we know what we’re getting and we know he fits well at the club.

We are going to massively miss Jed if he goes. Best direct free kick taker by a long shot, he can beat a man, can put in a decent cross and always works hard and tracks back for the full 90. Usually ends up with over 10 goals and 10 assists a season. We struggle to find players who can score 10 goals OR get 10 assists.

Even if we gave him an extra 15k a week (I don’t know what he’s currently on) that would only equate to 2.25 mill over three years. As you say, we’d have to spend more than that to replace him and the player we replace him with might not be the right ‘fit’ for the club and could flop. At least with Jed we know what we’re getting and we know he fits well at the club.
Leave off Wip. How’s paying someone 30 grand a week gonna fly with the rest of em getting their brown envelope of with half of it in luncheon vouchers every Friday afternoon

If he re-signs, think it would be a good idea if GR decided on a specific position on the pitch for Jed, and get in perms or loanees to do the other roles Jed’s been doing these past few years!

This running around, all over the pitch, picking up balls deep in our half and trying to make something happen (and everything else Jed tries to do), needs to stop. He’s another year older going into this season, and just think it would be better for him, and the team, if he doesn’t try to be Superman in every game.