Why aint we signed anyone yet

Leave off Wip. How’s paying someone 30 grand a week gonna fly with the rest of em getting their brown envelope of with half of it in luncheon vouchers every Friday afternoon
I think their heads would drop more if we sign shit and end up slipping down the league.

Whatever the outcome it has to be said that Wallace is taking the piss leaving us hanging for this long, the players are due back for training any day now and we don’t know if he’s going or not. If the club are still genuinely in the dark about his future then that’s poor from him in my opinion.

All this waiting for his decision must have directly affected any transfer business we want to do. Any other player would be getting slaughtered from the fans for fucking us about like this.

I suspect he's gone already
I fucking hope so.

When he didn't play last season other players took responsibility and we didn't miss him.
I'm glad you said that, i got shot down for saying exactly the same. I don't buy into the belief of many that we're fucked without him. I actually think he often hinders us cause he thinks he's the man, never impressed me when he comes screaming for the ball in our own half, it undermines his team mates. He did often give me reason to smile after doing that, only to get the ball and completely fuck up by giving it directly to an opposition player.

I would rather any wage we'd pay him go to McNamara and Mitchell, who are the heartbeat of the team and their drive and passion could sustain the club and our philosophy in the coming years.
Absolutely and chuck the other Wallace a bit too, he only scored two less than his namesake and does more all round work for the team.

That said, Jed gave his absolute all for us.
As do many others, they get paid handsomely to do so and it;s what's expected. Should he go, i won't be long in forgetting him like the many others that have come and gone.

he deserves our respect.
I'll pass on that one if you don't mind mate, i don't like bods that take the piss out of our club :grinning:

Good to see you posting again!

we’d have to spend more than that to replace him
Not necessarily, he's available on a free so there's plenty of younger prospects out there. We got him on loan before he signed aged 23, we can do the same again but will get the benefit of a younger player with the same hunger and energy that Wallace came with. We have Tyler Burey as well! I'd rather we spent the extra £10- £15k a week that some bods think he's entitled to on another forward, be it a loan or permanent.

I'd be very cautious of chucking money at someone that wants to better himself elsewhere. His contract offer has been on the table for a year now! There's no argument that we may miss him, we could well do but at the same time i think we've had the best out of him considering his age and that speed is a huge asset in the position he plays. Resigning him is a risk finacially, i'd much prefer a fresh start with a player that has his best days ahead of him and with a sell on value if he's successful.

Last edited:
91 clubs do their business normally then theres millwall.happens every season.
We didn;t do too badly considering where we finished and what we spent. Most signings completed at this point are for unattached players. Many of the 91 other clubs are a mess, debts, dodgy owners who throw money about but are a lot worse off than us. They don't do their business normally or correctly, have a look at Pompey. the spotters and sheffield Wednesday for just a few examples. I think the club deserve a bit more credit and less of the myths. We're a stable and competitive championship club, it's been a while since we've been able to say that.

Last edited:
If Wallace wanted to play for us he would have signed months ago, it would of set him and his family up for life.
We thank him for what he has done, say he is always welcome at the Den and move on.
When he returns next season in a different shirt we don't clap him off the pitch when he is substituted in the 50th minute 3-0 down instead we just look at another footballer who puts money before loyalty.

We didn;t do too badly considering where we finished and what we spent. Most signings completed at this point are for unattached players. Many of the 91 other clubs are a mess, debts, dodgy owners who throw money about but are a lot worse off than us. They don't do their business normally or correctly, have a look at Pompey. the spotters and sheffield Wednesday for just a few examples. I think the club deserve a bit more credit and less of the myths. We're a stable and competitive championship club, it's been a while since we've been able to say that.
Spot on. Some people just like to dig the club out for the sake of it. We’re extremely well run and organised compared to scores of other clubs in the league. As you say, just look at that basket case down the road.

We are very short of players. I think you need at least 2 per position, I think 24 players is ideal with a few youth players mixed in. That being said, I can't see that Mitchell, Lovelace, Muller and Boateng getting much of a sniff this season personally. Olaofe is in with a good chance if he can impress in pre-season.
Every time - tho not lots of times - I see him he seems a drifter, not driven not brave not cocky not dominant

If we offered Jed another £10k a week over a three year contract then we’re affectively signing him for 1.5 million, but with payments spread over 3 years, instead of in one lump sum.

I think most would agree that would be a decent price for a player like Jed Wallace
That ignores the money he is already on taking the “signing” to double that or more and pissing off the rest of the dressing room. Simply not good business IMO

That ignores the money he is already on taking the “signing” to double that or more and pissing off the rest of the dressing room. Simply not good business IMO
Good point but I’m a believer that people should inspire themselves to reach the goals of those above them instead of being bitter about it.

If Wallace wanted to play for us he would have signed months ago, it would of set him and his family up for life.
We thank him for what he has done, say he is always welcome at the Den and move on.
When he returns next season in a different shirt we don't clap him off the pitch when he is substituted in the 50th minute 3-0 down instead we just look at another footballer who puts money before loyalty.
Wallace thinks he’s better than he is and that a prem side will come calling. No chance. Might get more money elsewhere.

List of their signings below. If a player has no club it's easy to sign them and easy to do it in early June. We could sign 10 unattached players tomorrow but it's highly unlikely that they be any good and nothing but a hopeful gamble.

Ebou Adams, Jak Alnwick, Ollie Tanner, Jamilu Collins and Callum O'Dowda

Most are free transfers, players released/ unwanted by league two and non league clubs. Are these players that you'd want or be happy with had we signed them?
The only one I've heard of is O'Dowda.