Why aint we signed anyone yet

As soon as Aldo finds his laptop we'll have our first signing on board. i heard it's a replacement for Aldo :hehe:

We are very short of players. I think you need at least 2 per position, I think 24 players is ideal with a few youth players mixed in. That being said, I can't see that Mitchell, Lovelace, Muller and Boateng getting much of a sniff this season personally. Olaofe is in with a good chance if he can impress in pre-season.

We are very short of players. I think you need at least 2 per position.
It’s strange, but wasn’t it at the start of last season (or was it the season before?) where we had an embarrassment of riches, having enough players to field an A and B Millwall side?

Granted, some of those players were loanees, but we were then, still in a better position than we are now!

well GR needs to get a move on, as currently we have what 16 players who are first players, if Wallace goes, Keef has gone? and I would think Romeo would go, so we need what 6 minimum, maybe 7?

Easily 6 or 7. Probably sign 2 or 3 and add 3 or 4 loans later.

I stop listening to Rowett, he's always changing his tune

We must have freed up around £40k - £50k a week in wages with all the players we have let go so far, Mohoney was on around £17k, Pearce £7k, The Fist £7k, loan players Freeman & Ojo must come to that so we must be negotiating deals, rekon a couple next week and a couple more when we are in the training camps !! The whole Jed saga must get sorted next week too..

It's the same shit every pre season. I actually like these threads cause once the season gets underway it nearly always proves they're embarrassing and bring the bed wtters out in force. How can you dig the club out before a balls been kicked and without consideration for the season we've just enjoyed.

I don't see why it matters right now as we don't start until August. The alternative i suppose is chasing players and their families around Holiday resorts begging them to sign a contract with us.
Yep, you’re correct, pre season is two weeks away on 1st July. A week later, the team head for Scotland for a training camp, before playing Motherwell on 10th July, by which time all of us supporters would hope that any new signings (perm or loanees) will have been made, allowing the newbies to get to know their other team mates, and get a good pre season under their belts before the season fully starts on Sat 30th July!

Three weeks is not a long time when the club need to sign anywhere between 4 - 6 players to replace those we’ve lost since last season ended. Morison at Cardiff has already made Romeo his 7th signing! Granted, they have more money to splash about than we do, but we’ve been told by GR himself that he’s asked/going to ask for a bit more transfer money, so maybe that little bit extra hasn’t been given?

As it stands today, we have around 16 players available for selection, which isn’t enough to make up for a full squad, especially if we get a few long term injuries as we did last season! I think that is a cause for concern at this moment in time! I guess if we can resign Afobe and Burke on loan again, and maybe put in a bid for Ojo (assuming GR still wants any of these 3 players), then that will be a start, but it is a bit worrying that, apart from being interested in Derby’s Nathan Byrne (who I think GR will buy as a back up to Danny, now Romeo’s gone), we haven’t been linked with anyone else!

Morison at Cardiff has already made Romeo his 7th signing!
List of their signings below. If a player has no club it's easy to sign them and easy to do it in early June. We could sign 10 unattached players tomorrow but it's highly unlikely that they be any good and nothing but a hopeful gamble.

Ebou Adams, Jak Alnwick, Ollie Tanner, Jamilu Collins and Callum O'Dowda

Most are free transfers, players released/ unwanted by league two and non league clubs. Are these players that you'd want or be happy with had we signed them?

but it is a bit worrying that, apart from being interested in Derby’s Nathan Byrne (who I think GR will buy as a back up to Danny, now Romeo’s gone), we haven’t been linked with anyone else!
But nearly all the ones we are linked with never sign cause the reports linking them to us are lies, as well you know :grinning:

List of their signings below. If a player has no club it's easy to sign them and easy to do it in early June. We could sign 10 unattached players tomorrow but it's highly unlikely that they be any good and nothing but a hopeful gamble.

Ebou Adams, Jak Alnwick, Ollie Tanner, Jamilu Collins and Callum O'Dowda

Most are free transfers, players released/ unwanted by league two and non league clubs. Are these players that you'd want or be happy with had we signed them?
You’re right, I’ve no idea who these players are, so unless GR knew about them, and trusted them, you’d have to say No, you wouldn’t be happy about signing them!

My point was more to do with an intent on making signings! If we don’t know who we might be linked to (and what they might be worth), then how can we judge the club on their ambition this season, to get players in who will make us better, as well as getting an idea of the type of spending GR has actually been given!

We all know we need an attacking midfielder! Seems like Hull City do as well, as it’s been reported they’ve put in a £3M bid for MK Dons midfielder, Scott Twine! As you can see, the stats below are of him playing at league 1 level, but if he could replicate those stats in the Championship, he’d be a helluva player to get! Of course we aren’t gonna throw £3M at one player, but it would still be good to see what calibre of player we have been looking for!
2019A0B0-4556-4BF0-A866-2884CC6D2125.jpeg

You’re right, I’ve no idea who these players are, so unless GR knew about them, and trusted them, you’d have to say No, you wouldn’t be happy about signing them!

My point was more to do with an intent on making signings! If we don’t know who we might be linked to (and what they might be worth), then how can we judge the club on their ambition this season, to get players in who will make us better, as well as getting an idea of the type of spending GR has actually been given!

We all know we need an attacking midfielder! Seems like Hull City do as well, as it’s been reported they’ve put in a £3M bid for MK Dons midfielder, Scott Twine! As you can see, the stats below are of him playing at league 1 level, but if he could replicate those stats in the Championship, he’d be a helluva player to get! Of course we aren’t gonna throw £3M at one player, but it would still be good to see what calibre of player we have been looking for!
View attachment 18079
I do know that we tried to get Twinie last season, made an offer that was turned down.