Why aint we signed anyone yet

Yep, there’s a lot of truth in what you say, but Jesus, it would get the excitement levels up a bit if we were linked with anyone other than Nathan Byrne! :grinning:
Okay, i'll cheer you up. The Peckham bugle reckons we've put a bid in for Lionel Messi, only problem is his wife wants to live in Walworth whilst the player himself has set his heart on a council flat in Penge. Hopefully they'll find a solution soon. perhaps a compromise can be found by settling for a three bed in Tulse hill/ Brixton borders.

Watch this space!!!!

Okay, i'll cheer you up. The Peckham bugle reckons we've put a bid in for Lionel Messi, only problem is his wife wants to live in Walworth whilst the player himself has set his heart on a council flat in Penge. Hopefully they'll find a solution soon. perhaps a compromise can be found by settling for a three bed in Tulse hill/ Brixton borders.

Watch this space!!!!
That did cheer me up! Thanks!

Yep, you’re correct, pre season is two weeks away on 1st July. A week later, the team head for Scotland for a training camp, before playing Motherwell on 10th July, by which time all of us supporters would hope that any new signings (perm or loanees) will have been made, allowing the newbies to get to know their other team mates, and get a good pre season under their belts before the season fully starts on Sat 30th July!

Three weeks is not a long time when the club need to sign anywhere between 4 - 6 players to replace those we’ve lost since last season ended. Morison at Cardiff has already made Romeo his 7th signing! Granted, they have more money to splash about than we do, but we’ve been told by GR himself that he’s asked/going to ask for a bit more transfer money, so maybe that little bit extra hasn’t been given?

As it stands today, we have around 16 players available for selection, which isn’t enough to make up for a full squad, especially if we get a few long term injuries as we did last season! I think that is a cause for concern at this moment in time! I guess if we can resign Afobe and Burke on loan again, and maybe put in a bid for Ojo (assuming GR still wants any of these 3 players), then that will be a start, but it is a bit worrying that, apart from being interested in Derby’s Nathan Byrne (who I think GR will buy as a back up to Danny, now Romeo’s gone), we haven’t been linked with anyone else!
I thought we was going to Ireland for a training camp?

Watch this space!!!!
Personally, I think that Messi would be better off getting a place near Denmark Hill (overlooking Ruskin Park if he can afford it). Not that far from Walworth so his wife should be happy, and much handier for home matches as he could jump on a 36 at Camberwell. He could use the walk from New Cross as part of his warm-up.😁

Personally, I think that Messi would be better off getting a place near Denmark Hill (overlooking Ruskin Park if he can afford it). Not that far from Walworth so his wife should be happy, and much handier for home matches as he could jump on a 36 at Camberwell. He could use the walk from New Cross as part of his warm-up.😁
Problem solved! Welcome to the Lions, Lionel! Now we've just got to hope that our next target Ronaldo can find a gaf near Brixton cause he loves a dive.

Same old bollocks year in year out. Why not just let the manager and board do their jobs, fuckin irrelevant who we are or ain’t linked with in the middle of June, when players are still getting weighed in on their current contracts for another fortnight. Even more irrelevant is it being made public. Before you know it Norwich, West Brom, Sheffield United and the rest get a sniff, the agent ups the ante, player gets an extra 3 bags a week and wallop, target gone. My 10 year old would understand that!! Just sit tight, have a beer and see what happens 🍺

Same old bollocks year in year out. Why not just let the manager and board do their jobs, fuckin irrelevant who we are or ain’t linked with in the middle of June, when players are still getting weighed in on their current contracts for another fortnight. Even more irrelevant is it being made public. Before you know it Norwich, West Brom, Sheffield United and the rest get a sniff, the agent ups the ante, player gets an extra 3 bags a week and wallop, target gone. My 10 year old would understand that!! Just sit tight, have a beer and see what happens 🍺
:clap::clap::bow::bow:

Only going by what the OS said.
Where on the o/s does it say that

I found the following

Millwall will face Dartford and Ipswich Town in two pre-season friendlies ahead of the 2022/23 Sky Bet Championship campaign.

Following The Lions' training camp in the Republic of Ireland, Gary Rowett's side will travel to Kent to take on The Darts on Tuesday 12th July (kick-off 7.45pm), before welcoming The Tractor Boys to SE16 on Saturday 23rd July (kick-off 3pm) a week before the season commences.

Tickets for the match at Princes Park can be purchased here at a cost of £10 adults, £5 concessions and £2 juniors, with selling details for the Ipswich friendly at The Den to be confirmed.

Mahoney was on £17k a week?

Wasn't Skalak on £15k?

If we offered Jed £32,000 a week to stay he'd surely take it. And he is 10 times better than those two combined.
He wants to play at a higher level, let it go mate. I'm sure that would make for a happy dressing room when a bang average player is earning twice the amount as anyone else. There's players playing in the league that Jed dreams about on less than £30k a week. We're losing money by the day, JB is pumping loans in and bods want the club to jeopardise everything on a bloke that runs fast but can't consistently pass the ball two yards to feet or read the game properly

Hitting

Last edited: