Tyler Burey

I sit in the CBL upper so have no idea what verbal the Dockers Lower are giving him but his reaction would seem to indicate its pretty brutal. I don’t think they blame him for our blowing the playoffs its more that he does not seem to want to track back and defend. I like his attacking play but playing him wide midfield is just not his position as that should demand defensive duties as well.
He did defend, he picked up the ball in the corner and as he raced away from their player was brought down from behind.

Have left this one a couple of days to calm down, but Burey was being slaughtered by the Dockers Lower before he even got on the pitch. We had two chances that I can remember in the second half and he created them both, with skill and pace and still got dogs abuse.

He was called everything under the sun for being lazy, had at least 2 bottles and a lighter thrown at him, yet was our only chance of saving the game. Our fans were fucking embarrassing, bullying up on a young kid for not tracking back, that wasn't what he was brought on for. Fucking embarrassing.

Our new breed don't sit right with me. Glad to have a few months away tbh. Got the ST next year, but every year I get closer to fucking it off.
I couldn't believe the abuse he was getting from some in CBL upper. It nows seems the norm to abuse your own players instead of turning on the opposition.

If you are going to ply your trade in front of 15 thousand + people every week then expect criticism of some form from some of them, these kids know what they signed up for ie fame and fortune, they are also fully aware of the dark side of playing in front of large crowds, if they cant handle it then maybe they are in the wrong trade.

Life is both light and dark, we all go through both its how you handle the dark that defines you as a person, there is something seriously wrong if this younger generation are all as mentally fragile as made out.

Fucking hell some of our supposedly super tough working class ‘n’ proud salt of the earth supporters are upset over a lad poking his tongue out?

Tyler Burey has done nothing wrong, nothing. He’s just a young fella trying his best yet is getting disgusting abuse by utter divs and some on here are seeking to justify it.

Why in the fuck is a lad who has played barely 20 minutes of football in five months being targeted and singled out and made a scapegoat for our failure to reach the top six?
Im not saying the stick he got was right or wrong but now having a relationship with the fans like that its only going to get worse. I cant see it getting better.

Talking about abuse I saw the official millwall Instagram page about the lap of honour.the abuse dished out by so called supporters on the page because we lost was unreal.who got us into the position so the last game matters you fucking divs.

If you are going to ply your trade in front of 15 thousand + people every week then expect criticism of some form from some of them, these kids know what they signed up for ie fame and fortune, they are also fully aware of the dark side of playing in front of large crowds, if they cant handle it then maybe they are in the wrong trade.

Life is both light and dark, we all go through both its how you handle the dark that defines you as a person, there is something seriously wrong if this younger generation are all as mentally fragile as made out.
Leave off mate, at 21 if you were in a new job and was constantly being abused, cunted off and having stuff lobbed at you are you saying you'd turn the other cheek? I fucking wouldn't.

He was head and shoulders above Danny and Billy on Monday - he created chances and looked threatening, the abuse was bang out of order.

Edited to say Bradshaw got nowhere near the stick Burey gets, not even close. In 50 years down there, I don't think I've ever seen one of our own go through what he's going through - and that includes Andy Massey

Last edited:
Leave off mate, at 21 if you were in a new job and was constantly being abused, cunted off and having stuff lobbed at you are you saying you'd turn the other cheek? I fucking wouldn't.

He was head and shoulders above Danny and Billy on Monday - he created chances and looked threatening, the abuse was bang out of order.
No one should be abused whether at work or not full stop, but if you put yourself on display as a professional footballer especially at Millwall where fans don't hide their displeasure and never have done, then don't be surprised if at some point you are on the receiving end.

There are players within the club that have suffered the same as Burey, Cresswell who is also young had the same when his form dipped in fact i would think the
majority of the first team squad has had it at some point.

This is Millwall and it has been no different in the sixty years i have been going and players either sink or swim, that's the reality.

Sadlier took far more abuse over a much longer period and probably would have been legend status if the injury did not finish his career.

Another thing about Burey. All this about him being lazy is nonsense, he isn’t lazy. You simply do not become a professional footballer by not pulling your weight, you don’t even make it out of Sunday league football if you can’t be arsed to make runs and track players.

This is a lad who has dedicated his life to being a professional, eating the right things, working hard in training and in the gym and has his weight, speed, fitness and progress monitored constantly. Yet fat Jeff in the west lower who has just polished off double double with a litre of full fat coke thinks that he’s lazy. It’s such a brain dead criticism.

As well as being a shy confidence led lad I think that he probably struggles with the off the ball stuff, being aware of opposition players around him and the tactical side of things. Although I’m not really sold on Voglsammer I will admit that he is good off the ball, holding his position and keeping the team shape well, which is important in the way football is nowadays but it isn’t everything.

People constantly complain that Rowett is too defensive and cite his inclination to pick Volgsammer as evidence of that, which is fair enough but when he does bring on someone (Burey) who just wants to run at people and take a risk fans are moaning before he even gets on the pitch. Sometimes you have to be prepared to sacrifice a bit of the defensive stuff and give a bit of leeway to a player who can unlock the door.

No one should be abused whether at work or not full stop, but if you put yourself on display as a professional footballer especially at Millwall where fans don't hide their displeasure and never have done, then don't be surprised if at some point you are on the receiving end.

There are players within the club that have suffered the same as Burey, Cresswell who is also young had the same when his form dipped in fact i would think the
majority of the first team squad has had it at some point.

This is Millwall and it has been no different in the sixty years i have been going and players either sink or swim, that's the reality.

Sadlier took far more abuse over a much longer period and probably would have been legend status if the injury did not finish his career.
I get giving and taking stick is part and parcel of being Millwall, but they don't give this kid a chance. Sections of our support have decided he's a wrong 'un because he doesn't tackle back and tells fans to fuck off when they are on his back. I don't remember the likes of Lowndes, Anton, Shinton, Cally, Carter chasing back either, but they didn't get abuse like Burey. He'll move on and hopefully do alright for himself.

With a team screaming out for creativity, he is our only creative player and is hounded out by the fans. Only at Millwall

Real talent, masked by poor attitude.
I cant agree that he is a real talent to be honest. His attitude stinks and his reaction to the crowd indicates his ego far exceeds what little talent he has. We have had a few of those in the recent past. I dont want to see him in a Wall shirt again.

Another thing about Burey. All this about him being lazy is nonsense, he isn’t lazy. You simply do not become a professional footballer by not pulling your weight, you don’t even make it out of Sunday league football if you can’t be arsed to make runs and track players.

This is a lad who has dedicated his life to being a professional, eating the right things, working hard in training and in the gym and has his weight, speed, fitness and progress monitored constantly. Yet fat Jeff in the west lower who has just polished off double double with a litre of full fat coke thinks that he’s lazy. It’s such a brain dead criticism.

As well as being a shy confidence led lad I think that he probably struggles with the off the ball stuff, being aware of opposition players around him and the tactical side of things. Although I’m not really sold on Voglsammer I will admit that he is good off the ball, holding his position and keeping the team shape well, which is important in the way football is nowadays but it isn’t everything.

People constantly complain that Rowett is too defensive and cite his inclination to pick Volgsammer as evidence of that, which is fair enough but when he does bring on someone (Burey) who just wants to run at people and take a risk fans are moaning before he even gets on the pitch. Sometimes you have to be prepared to sacrifice a bit of the defensive stuff and give a bit of leeway to a player who can unlock the door.
We don't know what his team orders were, he might have been told by Rowett to stay up top and out of trouble and be ready to attack their defence rather than tracking back and then being way out of position to be effective.

Handling criticism should be basic training for all players, they all get it at some point in their career either from divs who know no better, out deservedly because they've messed up.

What annoyed me from my seat in East Lower what the fact that he was so engrossed in reacting to criticism that most of the time he was barely watching the game and not in any position to make a run or make himself available if the opportunity came up. That will need correcting if he's to have any future with us or any other club if he's moved on.

I' ve never seen or heard a wall player take so much abuse from fans as i have Burey. One example, home to Barnsley ladt season. He;s warming up with Evans and one more player who's name escapes me, Burey you cunt, Burey you rudeboy cunt, Burey you're shit, sort that fucking barnet out you cunt and on it went. Evans called a useless cunt a and on it went.

I'll fucking say it, Burey is being single out cause he looks different and is seen as fair game. Our fanbase has changed, many living off of the rep we have for off field activities yet would run a mile when many others are getting their hands dirty. It's emabarassing and will only get worse cause if you hand out a much deserved dig you're fucked so people just let it go. How anyone expects us to win and deliver when we've turned on our own is beyond me.

A club like no other really is rose tinted glasses and quite frankly becoming a myth.

As you’ll see in my other posts included, I hate when people give it to younger players specifically, half of the fans don’t have a scooby.

Right; see you can clearly see he cannot do the off the ball side of the game well at all. I said this before, whether it’s defensive shape attacking position or pressing he just looks lost and as if he is day dreaming.

Even if you are of the opinion he’s not lazy, he just doesn’t understand that side of the game, then surely he’d think I better show a bit of willing here, chase down a few lost causes? Surely the manager sees that too?

People are fickle, but show a bit of willing and at least he’ll get them off his back.

His reaction to stick has been poor every time he’s received it. Every player gets stick, it’s how you deal with it. Some use it as fuel, Burey just loses the plot.

I really hope Tyler gets a chance as a centre forward for us as he is not a midfielder. He is exactly the type of attacking player who worries defenders and creates chances and scores them too. I hope this issue can be patched up or at least send him out on loan so he can show what he’s capable of.

He did defend, he picked up the ball in the corner and as he raced away from their player was brought down from behind.
He did defend a few times but I could see Malone waving (i think at Tyler) for him to come back and help a couple of times as well. By the sound of it the dockers lower was hating on him before he even got on the pitch anyway. As for things being thrown towards him that is just out of order. We have a talent in Tyler and it looks like we are our own worst enemy and are intent on ruining the potential he has for us in a Wall shirt. He is one of our only players who can come on and really change a game. I despair I really do🤷🏻‍♂️

He did defend a few times but I could see Malone waving (i think at Tyler) for him to come back and help a couple of times as well. By the sound of it the dockers lower was hating on him before he even got on the pitch anyway. As for things being thrown towards him that is just out of order. We have a talent in Tyler and it looks like we are our own worst enemy and are intent on ruining the potential he has for us in a Wall shirt. He is one of our only players who can come on and really change a game. I despair I really do🤷🏻‍♂️
He will be gone after the first rumor of someone looking to sign him.

I have seen nothing that tells me he will be anything more than a bench warmer.

Last edited: