Tyler Burey

The lad was on the pitch for not even two minutes and he’s got pissed up mongs on his case calling him all sorts, no wonder his mind is elsewhere. Some players can shake it off but others let it affect them especially ones just making into the first team, how many of you lot on here trying to justify it would suffer bods cunting you and your family off and pinging missiles at you while you’re trying your best?

The same fanbase that wants to know why Rowett is keeping Esse wrapped up in cotton wool. Mark my words give it a run of five or six games and if he isn’t ripping up trees he’ll be getting the same. But it’s ok because fucking Teddy Sheringham took a bit of verbal 35 years ago. Real Wall? What a load of bollocks.
I agree, I was only saying the same about Esse the other week.
It looks as if Millwall have a good crop of youngsters coming through, no doubt they have been told about the abuse and that puts a big question mark on their decisions to stay.
I couldn't believe the slagging Burey was getting especially as he performed well in the attacking part of the game. Flair players are not known for their defensive qualities and Burey is the same, although he did actually do some useful defending.

Im not saying people wasn’t giving it to him but he wasn’t tracking & got told about it. Tensions were high but any footballer needs to calm it. You can’t react like that at all.
Millwall’s ground at the Old Den had a reputation for being intimidating. ‘Players still tell me it was horrible to go there. I say it could be horrible for us as well!’ says Sheringham.

‘The fans could hammer you if you kept on making mistakes. It taught resilience. Some good players couldn’t handle it and fell by the wayside.’

Carter adds: ‘The fanbase from previous generations were dockers and once a Millwall family, always a Millwall family. It’s not like other clubs where the son or daughter might end up supporting Man United. The fans would stand on Cold Blow Lane where their dads and grandads had. They could be tough. Being a winger closest to them, I’d be first to get it in the neck!’

Millwall’s ground at the Old Den had a reputation for being intimidating. ‘Players still tell me it was horrible to go there. I say it could be horrible for us as well!’ says Sheringham.

‘The fans could hammer you if you kept on making mistakes. It taught resilience. Some good players couldn’t handle it and fell by the wayside.’

Carter adds: ‘The fanbase from previous generations were dockers and once a Millwall family, always a Millwall family. It’s not like other clubs where the son or daughter might end up supporting Man United. The fans would stand on Cold Blow Lane where their dads and grandads had. They could be tough. Being a winger closest to them, I’d be first to get it in the neck!’
Today's footballers are so pampered and up themselves that they think they are above being abused (don't think for one minute Burey deserves what he gets) and some of the fucking idiots down there today were more embarrassing than the team.
old school managers Ferguson,George Graham etc would be taken to fucking court these days,Roy Keane/souness another two who told it as it was,players don't want to be criticized these days and have fucking personal counsellors if they get a bit of grief,which affects their mental health(allegedly).
It's not just football but society in general that has become apologist and you can't tell someone "your shit" without getting reported, banned and or nicked for abusive behaviour.
Bravermans latest law to deter "public disorder" is very worrying for having an opinion or humorous song that some people may find offensive and I don't mean overtly racist/sexist etc Just plods interpretation of calling cardiff/Swansea sheep shaggers is a prime example of what I mean.

Tyler Burey is a playground footballer.

This is my observation of his cameo today.

He’s okay when given acres of space to run at a tired fullback, beat them and put a ball in. Unfortunately we took off our only centre forward who would’ve usually been there to stab at it.

However, he does not understand positioning when out of possession, either in defence or attack. He didn’t bust a gut to get in to the box when the ball was over the opposite wing. He didn’t understand that he needed to be up and around our forward players from a goal kick, to pick up a flick on or a loose ball.

He was marking the short corner, the man ran away from him and his first instinct was to point for someone else to follow him.

Out of possession he points, points, jogs, walks, points, throws his arms about when a team mate does something to his disliking.

It’s painfully obvious to me, and thousands watching, he is not a team player. He’s not a Championship footballer. He’s not got the temperament or bottle to play for the club.

He’s never given me the impression he cares or even understands the club and has no desire to get us on side as a fanbase.

Rowett knows his severe limitations and has been reluctant to play him for that reason.

He’s immature, and it sure as hell shows in the way he plays the game.

Amazing how someone who has played barely 20 minutes of first team football in five months is being completely written off as useless. It seems to me that there is an undercurrent of something here when it comes to the way Burey is being targeted and treated by some of our support.

I agree with this.

He is one of the few wingers I’ve seen that absolutely roasts most defenders, makes it look easy.

If he could work off the ball he would probably be looking to go on to a big move but injuries haven’t helped.

Shame if we lose him but can’t see him coming back from that. It’s not the first time he’s reacted.
Agreed there is a player in there but his attitude stinks and I get the feeling he thinks he is bigger than the club

Yeah you missed out the bit where he was getting absolute dogs abuse for fuck all and a lighter chucked at him. I don’t know what the kid has done wrong but the stick he has got this season is fucking disgusting and a shameful reflection on our fans.

I’ve said it before, there is nothing wrong with his attitude. The only people with an attitude problem is the arseholes abusing him.
It happened right in front of me and he was arguing with some fans hence the fans response. A good number were shouting 'Come on Tyler' and his response was to stick his tongue out and that just inflamed the situation. Poor response from him.

He was moaning when Blackburn scored their 4th because no one got on the end of his cross. Then he told fans to shut their fucking mouths. Then he poked his tongue out and was giving wanker signs. A totally petulant outburst and a show of arrogance.
Prior to their 4th goal he got the ball, went past the fullback and, rather than lay it back, played the ball into their 6 yard box, 10 seconds later they scored the winner 🤦‍♂️

The reason no one got on the end of his cross was he chose the wrong option 🤷‍♂️

Amazing how someone who has played barely 20 minutes of first team football in five months is being completely written off as useless. It seems to me that there is an undercurrent of something here when it comes to the way Burey is being targeted and treated by some of our support.
Behave. Esse doesn’t get this treatment.

He does have his moments but he's a one trick pony in attack and that’s before you look at the rest of his game. There might be a decent player in there but he probably needs to move on at this stage, maybe get a bit of regular football a division down.
He has one move , faint to the left bring the ball right and try and curle the ball into the corner, cannot defend and as no idea on positional play, is he a player to keep or to move on ?

He has one move , faint to the left bring the ball right and try and curle the ball into the corner, cannot defend and as no idea on positional play, is he a player to keep or to move on ?
You've hit the nail on the head. Not his fault that we fucked it up yesterday and maybe he could have done something, but his overall demeanour and inability to deal with criticism means he won't last with us. Time to jog him on otherwise it will end badly for all parties, the type of aggravation and bad publicity we can do without. Send him to League 1 for an entire season and see how he gets on...

Behave. Esse doesn’t get this treatment.

Only because of the careful way Rowett has brought him into the fold especially in home games bringing him on when we’re on the front foot. It’s not a coincidence that the majority of his game time seems to come away from home. I watched Esse first hand at Wigan and to be honest he was miles off the pace, out of position all the time and struggling to even get the ball, which is fine because he’s just a kid starting out but I’ll tell you something a couple of performances like that at the den and he’ll be getting the same as Burey.

Yeah bin him off. We don’t need a player with a bit of pace, can beat a man, cut inside and crack a good shot off or get outside and swing a decent cross over. Let’s play some cunt in who just runs around a lot and maybe kicks people too, if they’re from Sidcup or Welling as well it’ll be even more of a bonus.

I didnt know this happened. However I did mean to talk about him.

Having watched him many times in the warm ups. His first touch is appalling even when a slow ball is played right to his feet. Yesterday he turned his back instead of trying to block a ball forward. He does not commit to tackles & is slow to react. I know he is young but I dont think he is ready for the first team, and sadly I dont think he will ever be at championship level.

Might be worth loaning him out. He does have pace. As I said before, there could be a decent player in there but I don't think he's going to progress at Millwall, at least not at the moment. Maybe he can develop in League 1 for a year and see where he is then.

I am not one for abusing players (Paul Goddard and Steve Antrobus being the exception)

Oli Burke has been getting dogs abused from some people in the East upper for weeks, he has not once reacted to the crowd and got his head down winning nearly every header and tracking back and looks like he could be a key player for us if we sign him up in the summer

Burey was not playing well before his injury and again looked lost when he came on, I don’t think it helped that he replaced Watmore who had a stormer of the game yesterday with his close control direct running and tracking back

saying that reacting to the crowd with wanker signs and sticking a tongue out when our season has just ended after throwing away a 3-1 lead to go 4-3 down is probably not the wisest move

Playing up front or on the wing are probably the toughest positions to play for Millwall and I remember the dogs abuse that players have received if they are not on their game Ifil Sadlier Hackett Jed Dave Martin to name a few

It’s part and parcel of the game no matter what team you play for

Burey does have potential and hopefully this is not the end of his Millwall career but we are a defence minded team that if a player does not track back the gaps he leaves are easy for the fans to see and if he don’t make intelligent runs there is no out down the wing

Burey was not playing well before his injury and again looked lost when he came on, I don’t think it helped that he replaced Watmore who had a stormer of the game yesterday with his close control direct running and tracking back

Watmore looked pi**ed when he saw his number come up. Seems perhaps he felt he had more to offer that game and I would agree.

Tyler Burey is a playground footballer.

This is my observation of his cameo today.

He’s okay when given acres of space to run at a tired fullback, beat them and put a ball in. Unfortunately we took off our only centre forward who would’ve usually been there to stab at it.

However, he does not understand positioning when out of possession, either in defence or attack. He didn’t bust a gut to get in to the box when the ball was over the opposite wing. He didn’t understand that he needed to be up and around our forward players from a goal kick, to pick up a flick on or a loose ball.

He was marking the short corner, the man ran away from him and his first instinct was to point for someone else to follow him.

Out of possession he points, points, jogs, walks, points, throws his arms about when a team mate does something to his disliking.

It’s painfully obvious to me, and thousands watching, he is not a team player. He’s not a Championship footballer. He’s not got the temperament or bottle to play for the club.

He’s never given me the impression he cares or even understands the club and has no desire to get us on side as a fanbase.

Rowett knows his severe limitations and has been reluctant to play him for that reason.

He’s immature, and it sure as hell shows in the way he plays the game.

Prior to their 4th goal he got the ball, went past the fullback and, rather than lay it back, played the ball into their 6 yard box, 10 seconds later they scored the winner 🤦‍♂️

The reason no one got on the end of his cross was he chose the wrong option 🤷‍♂️
The way he behaved sealed his fate. Something is wrong whether or not he has had a bust up with GR but he looks like he doesn't want to be there. I've never seen a Millwall player react in that manner in 51 years of supporting the club

I am not one for abusing players (Paul Goddard and Steve Antrobus being the exception)

Oli Burke has been getting dogs abused from some people in the East upper for weeks, he has not once reacted to the crowd and got his head down winning nearly every header and tracking back and looks like he could be a key player for us if we sign him up in the summer

saying that reacting to the crowd with wanker signs and sticking a tongue out when our season has just ended after throwing away a 3-1 lead to go 4-3 down is probably not the wisest move

Playing up front or on the wing are probably the toughest positions to play for Millwall and I remember the dogs abuse that players have received if they are not on their game Ifil Sadlier Hackett Jed Dave Martin to name a few

It’s part and parcel of the game no matter what team you play for

Burey does have potential and hopefully this is not the end of his Millwall career but we are a defence minded team that if a player does not track back the gaps he leaves are easy for the fans to see and if he don’t make intelligent runs there is no out down the wing
Thought Burke did ok yesterday, he has a great physique and pace ideally be great right in the centre of the pitch. But I don’t think that will suit him. Shame. Hope it wasn’t just the atmosphere and occasion that upped his game.