Tyler Burey

Maybe we could use the money to buy a young winger who can get past a player or two and is the perfect option when we need to get a goal towards the end of a game when the opposition are getting tired. They might even pop up and score a last minute winner against a team like West Brom. Problem is these types of players are usually not the finished article and you lose a bit of defensive quality to gain that additional attacking advantage. Be even better if he was a teams young player of the year last season. Not to worry, I am sure our fans will provide him with lots of support and encouragement. Now, where could we find a player like that ?
Loving the sarcasm, but if you really think Burey isn’t finished with us after his petulant show on Monday, I’ve a couple of bridges in London I’d like to sell to you! :grinning:

The worry is, of course, if Burey does leave, SM will highlight what happened to him on Monday, and turn it into (in their desire for a good headline), another racist attack from Millwall supporters!

I don’t think he understands that 4231 wide position and to be honest I don’t. Who is supposed to protect the left back? Is it the wide player up with Fleming and Bradshaw or does Coops move sideways to double up and then the defensive centre midfielder moves into the space Cooper has vacated? Either way Tyler is not a midfielder he shows no real desire to track back. He is a centre forward playing on the wing in my opinion. Stick him down the middle like they did when he was scoring on loan. He has attacking talent that is for sure but he needs to knuckle down and start focusing on supporting his team and teammates not anyone goading him. Compare his attitude to Cresswell’s response to flack, if it does come just knuckle down and keep going until you win them over.
This!

Players who don’t put a shift in are soon singled out by Wall supporters! Unfortunately, Burey flatters to deceive and, like you said, his inability to track back and support his fellow team mates gets noticed and will be picked up on! Either he changes his ways, or he’ll have to expect a long stay on the bench or with the U21’s!

Maybe we could loan him out to the spotters next season? 🤣

Fucking hell some of our supposedly super tough working class ‘n’ proud salt of the earth supporters are upset over a lad poking his tongue out?

Tyler Burey has done nothing wrong, nothing. He’s just a young fella trying his best yet is getting disgusting abuse by utter divs and some on here are seeking to justify it.

Why in the fuck is a lad who has played barely 20 minutes of football in five months being targeted and singled out and made a scapegoat for our failure to reach the top six?

I’ve never seen a player openly giving the fans a wanker sign repeatedly over & over again
I' ve never seen or heard a wall player take so much abuse from fans as i have Burey. One example, home to Barnsley ladt season. He;s warming up with Evans and one more player who's name escapes me, Burey you cunt, Burey you rudeboy cunt, Burey you're shit, sort that fucking barnet out you cunt and on it went. Evans called a useless cunt a and on it went.

I'll fucking say it, Burey is being singled out cause he looks different and is seen as fair game. Our fanbase has changed, many living off of the rep we have for off field activities yet would run a mile when many others are getting their hands dirty.

It's emabarassing and will only get worse cause if you hand out a much deserved dig you're fucked so people just let it go. How anyone expects us to win and deliver when we've turned on our own is beyond me.

A club like no other really is rose tinted glasses and quite frankly becoming a myth.

Last edited:
Fucking hell some of our supposedly super tough working class ‘n’ proud salt of the earth supporters are upset over a lad poking his tongue out?

Tyler Burey has done nothing wrong, nothing. He’s just a young fella trying his best yet is getting disgusting abuse by utter divs and some on here are seeking to justify it.

Why in the fuck is a lad who has played barely 20 minutes of football in five months being targeted and singled out and made a scapegoat for our failure to reach the top six?
I sit in the CBL upper so have no idea what verbal the Dockers Lower are giving him but his reaction would seem to indicate its pretty brutal. I don’t think they blame him for our blowing the playoffs its more that he does not seem to want to track back and defend. I like his attacking play but playing him wide midfield is just not his position as that should demand defensive duties as well.

Last edited:
I' ve never seen or heard a wall player take so much abuse from fans as i have Burey. One example, home to Barnsley ladt season. He;s warming up with Evans and one more player who's name escapes me, Burey you cunt, Burey you rudeboy cunt, Burey you're shit, sort that fucking barnet out you cunt and on it went. Evans called a useless cunt a
That is bang out of order and helps no one. We’ll never learn.

Millwall’s ground at the Old Den had a reputation for being intimidating. ‘Players still tell me it was horrible to go there. I say it could be horrible for us as well!’ says Sheringham.

‘The fans could hammer you if you kept on making mistakes. It taught resilience. Some good players couldn’t handle it and fell by the wayside.’

Carter adds: ‘The fanbase from previous generations were dockers and once a Millwall family, always a Millwall family. It’s not like other clubs where the son or daughter might end up supporting Man United. The fans would stand on Cold Blow Lane where their dads and grandads had. They could be tough. Being a winger closest to them, I’d be first to get it in the neck!’

That is bang out of order and helps no one. We’ll never learn.
But hey lets balme the bloke that managed to get us within a whisker of the play offs. It's no surprise that many of our older lot are fucking off going in their droves. It's no fun anymore, i spend more time cringing at our fans and shit schoolboy songs than i do watching the game. That song that goes along the lines of ' your mums a slag your dads a nonce ' what the fuck is all that about?

A poster on here who is often the voice of common sense and reason recently said that we're as embarrassing as Charlton. At first my back went up and thought he was way wide of the mark but he was bang on the money. There really isn't a fag paper between us when it comes to moaning and self entitlement. We now have a generation of fans that haven';t a clue about our history nor how to behave at a game. They do the oppo more good than our own team.

Last edited:
I' ve never seen or heard a wall player take so much abuse from fans as i have Burey. One example, home to Barnsley ladt season. He;s warming up with Evans and one more player who's name escapes me, Burey you cunt, Burey you rudeboy cunt, Burey you're shit, sort that fucking barnet out you cunt and on it went. Evans called a useless cunt a and on it went.

I'll fucking say it, Burey is being single out cause he looks different and is seen as fair game. Our fanbase has changed, many living off of the rep we have for off field activities yet would run a mile when many others are getting their hands dirty. It's emabarassing and will only get worse cause if you hand out a much deserved dig you're fucked so people just let it go. How anyone expects us to win and deliver when we've turned on our own is beyond me.

A club like no other really is rose tinted glasses and quite frankly becoming a myth.
the crazy thing is, no one knows him. some of teh nicest lads i've known where also hot heads on the pitch. we don;t know the make up of his personality. but his card is marked, and the brain dead won't let up. it'll be esse next, don't be fooled. a few fuck ups on the wing and it'll be the same for him. afobe was well within their sights, but left before tehy could pull the trigger

I don’t think he understands that 4231 wide position and to be honest I don’t. Who is supposed to protect the left back? Is it the wide player up with Fleming and Bradshaw or does Coops move sideways to double up and then the defensive centre midfielder moves into the space Cooper has vacated? Either way Tyler is not a midfielder he shows no real desire to track back. He is a centre forward playing on the wing in my opinion. Stick him down the middle like they did when he was scoring on loan. He has attacking talent that is for sure but he needs to knuckle down and start focusing on supporting his team and teammates not anyone goading him. Compare his attitude to Cresswell’s response to flack, if it does come just knuckle down and keep going until you win them over.
Not only Cresswell there's Sadlier and Sherringham to name two of many who took dogs abuse (far worse than Burey) back in a time when you could say anything without restraint. They played through it and became top class players as I am sure Sadlier would have been and Cresswell will be.

Every top player has this mindset, when things go wrong the toys do not come out of the pram, they play through it and improve.

it'll be esse next, don't be fooled. a few fuck ups on the wing and it'll be the same for him
Without a doubt it will. He'll get it from the same people and end up shipped out if he can't handle it. It's not the old days, the younger generations ain't used to it and shouldn't have to put up with it. All this man up bollox is for the past, it's not the fucking 70's anymore and as we all keep saying.

Youngsters are very image conscious and fragile when it comes to personal abuse. They don't need it and can pick and choose there next jobs very quickly and somewhwere where they'll be appriciated and left alone.

Without a doubt it will. He'll get it from the same people and end up shipped out if he can't handle it. It's not the old days, the younger generations ain't used to it and shouldn't have to put up with it. All this man up bollox is for the past, it's not the fucking 70's anymore and as we all keep saying.

Youngsters are very image conscious and fragile when it comes to personal abuse. They don't need it and can pick and choose there next jobs very quickly and somewhwere where they'll be appriciated and left alone.

there's a key distinction here...if a player is being abused because they are not doing somethign obvious, like tracking back, or shirking challanges - at least in their mind they know why the abuse is happening....

....where it is that the player feels that he is being targeted for no particular reason, or over and above other players who are making the same or similar mistaeks, just a general bullying, then that's somethign else entirely and yeah i would think a player would be looknig for a move sharpish.

never discount the personal element - for all we know burey might enjoy the abuse, it might be spuring him on. easy to project our own feelings onto a player. it's like when deeney whole heartedly and sincerely applauded all four stands, without sarcasm, when eh came off this season - he actually saw it as a positive thing. who knows how burey feels about it all. but still though the scales are tilted to it being the end of a player at millwall.

for all we know burey might enjoy the abuse, it might be spuring him on. easy to project our own feelings onto a player
My mate coached him at Wimbledon youth level. The same fella that told me about him coming to us. He said he has the world at his feet but is a very quiet and shy lad and quite introverted. They're not all jack the lads with a mouth to suit. What makes one man laugh can make another fold and more so with a generation that are very conscilous about image and how they look.

The abuse both in real time and on social media can really fuck with these kids heads. I know only to well being the father of teenagers that spend more time on trying to look acceptable then they do eating and sleeping. As i said, as this man up bollox is just that- bollox. If you want something from someone, calling them a cunt and other things that i won't repeat isn't the way to about it.

We really are our own worst enemy at times.

Last edited:
Have left this one a couple of days to calm down, but Burey was being slaughtered by the Dockers Lower before he even got on the pitch. We had two chances that I can remember in the second half and he created them both, with skill and pace and still got dogs abuse.

He was called everything under the sun for being lazy, had at least 2 bottles and a lighter thrown at him, yet was our only chance of saving the game. Our fans were fucking embarrassing, bullying up on a young kid for not tracking back, that wasn't what he was brought on for. Fucking embarrassing.

Our new breed don't sit right with me. Glad to have a few months away tbh. Got the ST next year, but every year I get closer to fucking it off.