The definitive new manager speculation thread

Why would we throw away 4 years of steady progress by handing the reins over to an absolute loon like Nathan Jones?!
Take away his very short spell at Southampton, why wouldn't he have looked a good choice for us?
The Southampton job was a very different task to the one he would have with us and the club was already in a mess before he went there, then you have the possibility that he has learnt from whatever mistakes he made, there must be positives you can find in his appointment if we choose him?

If Jones is the man, then it's pretty much like for like with Rowett. 5-3-2 with no possession and long balls over the top. Could have fans on his back early on unless he wins the majority of games with it.

We would lose the chance of getting the manager the club wants now if we left it until June.
There are no problems at the club, we have a lot of long term players and staff, it doesn't make any sense to wait 7 months to appoint someone.
We could not only lose out on the manager we want but players as well, players ain't going to sign for us not knowing who the manager will be and we might not have the current squad extending deals without knowing either, the better players might even want to leave because they see it as an amateurish decision.
Stability and long term planning can't be thrown out of the window for a prick of a pensioner who might not be interested anyway, really don't get this making warnock out to be the messiah of the championship.
That's a no then? 😊 One thing is for sure, whoever gets the job half of us probably won't be happy!

Take away his very short spell at Southampton, why wouldn't he have looked a good choice for us?
As well as Southampton, I think he balls-up at Stoke and, at this point in time, I think the only club he had any success at was Luton🤷‍♂️

Can’t see his style of football suiting the likes of Zian and Casper, to name but a few 👎

I think Jones would be a safe but uninspiring appointment. Unlikely much would actually change than what we had under Rowett. I'd get it if the board wanted some continuity, but after being starved of any flair or excitement since pre-covid, I'm all for taking a risk on someone like Muscat. Not asking for tiki taka but just a more proactive approach to the tactics.

High press, early ball to target man, man to man marking, formation changes to overload zones to prevent opponent.
This is NJ tactics written by an independent assessment, sounds just the job .

I think Jones would be a safe but uninspiring appointment. Unlikely much would actually change than what we had under Rowett. I'd get it if the board wanted some continuity, but after being starved of any flair or excitement since pre-covid, I'm all for taking a risk on someone like Muscat. Not asking for tiki taka but just a more proactive approach to the tactics.
Looking at those Managers considered so far, Im feeling very uneasy.

City didn’t hang about and probably got the one I would have gone for. Won’t be to happy with Jones,;but what the fuck do I know 😂

What about you having another go? At least we’d drop the wingbacks and 3 centre backs bollox and show more fight from the first whistle.