The definitive new manager speculation thread

I have got to say that as fans we let GR down. Like his style of football or not, he got the team to a good place. I felt given time he would keep improving the team. Cant see anyone better coming in.

It was strange the grief he got, considering we laugh at teams who sack their managers because of a couple of (what some think) are below par performances. Some seem to have ridiculously high expectations.

Last edited:
I have got to say that as fans we let GR down. Like his style of football or not, he got the team to a good place. I felt given time he would keep improving the team. Cant see anyone better coming in.

It was strange the grief he got, considering he we laugh at teams who sack their managers because of a couple of (what some think) are below par performances. Some seem to have ridiculously high expectations.
I agree and disagree,
I agree that he did well and took us to the next level.
But I disagree that he could take us to the another level, it was clear to see that he had run out of ideas, hence repeatedly changing the starting 11 from week to week, keep going with the back 5 that he knew and we knew didn't work.
He had zero clue on how to attack games and the club was going stale. The amount of hard-core fans that had stopped going to games because ( the football was shit) and has been for a hell of a long time now. Good luck to him but it was time for him to go and should have gone after the Blackburn game last game of the season.

Never really paid any attention to Nathan Jones until now. Apparently he’ll bounce around the touchline like a lunatic kicking every ball. He’ll get the crowd going which will make a change and plans everything and demands buy in from the players and can work on a small budget.

I think it will either be the perfect fit for us or a Holloway style disaster rather than anything in between like a Rowett.

I agree and disagree,
I agree that he did well and took us to the next level.
But I disagree that he could take us to the another level, it was clear to see that he had run out of ideas, hence repeatedly changing the starting 11 from week to week, keep going with the back 5 that he knew and we knew didn't work.
He had zero clue on how to attack games and the club was going stale. The amount of hard-core fans that had stopped going to games because ( the football was shit) and has been for a hell of a long time now. Good luck to him but it was time for him to go and should have gone after the Blackburn game last game of the season.
Agree with much of what you say. Only time will tell if this team is capable of going up a level. I don't think they are. I don't think Rowett can manage at a higher level than us either. We may have lost some hardcore fans but match attendances rose during Rowetts tenure. We were getting the best gates since 1988/89. More than we did under Jackett and Harris whilst in the championship.

Whoever turns up ,he has to play to our strengths, which isn't punting it to Bradshaw. We've got the players(when fit🤣) to be a very decent team.IMHO
Maybe it's dragging on a bit cos of the bad weather in the Channel, and his dinghy ain't landed yet, if we're going foreign. 😎

We knew he was hiding out there somewhere and here he is at the 11th hour, as per mail online, England u 20 coach Rob Edwards

Whoever turns up ,he has to play to our strengths, which isn't punting it to Bradshaw. We've got the players(when fit🤣) to be a very decent team.IMHO
Maybe it's dragging on a bit cos of the bad weather in the Channel, and his dinghy ain't landed yet, if we're going foreign. 😎
As long as we don't sort him out with a dodgy light plane to make the trip.

Never really paid any attention to Nathan Jones until now. Apparently he’ll bounce around the touchline like a lunatic kicking every ball. He’ll get the crowd going which will make a change and plans everything and demands buy in from the players and can work on a small budget.

I think it will either be the perfect fit for us or a Holloway style disaster rather than anything in between like a Rowett.
When I consider the successful managers we’ve had over the years, I can’t think of a single one who bounced around on the touch line kicking every ball like a lunatic🤔

And I don’t want one now :wagging:

Linked with Joe Edwards too according to the Daily Mail.

Joe Edwards is the England U20's Head coach. Worked at Chelsea with Lampard and Tuchel, when they won the Champions League. Worked at Everton with Lamps too.

He is very highly regarded in terms of coaching ability. McKenna at Ipswich comes from a similar background, and is working wonders there.

I have a feeling he'd do well if he came to us, compared to what we have seen from the other managers linked with us.