The definitive new manager speculation thread

He’s got a decent job on his CV in this division without having a load of dough. As an appointment (if it happens), I don’t think it would be bad at all. I want Ryan Mason, but only because he’s been rated by Spurs for some time as a very good coach. Jones however is young enough to be an up and coming manager, but has some very good experience of success in this division.

All that said. This is far from over yet (the search) and it could drag out for some time. All it’s and buts and here say still.

He’s got a decent job on his CV in this division without having a load of dough. As an appointment (if it happens), I don’t think it would be bad at all. I want Ryan Mason, but only because he’s been rated by Spurs for some time as a very good coach. Jones however is young enough to be an up and coming manager, but has some very good experience of success in this division.

All that said. This is far from over yet (the search) and it could drag out for some time. All it’s and buts and here say still.
I would love Ryan Mason to get the job, but being a regular visitor to spurs training ground and experiencing what a lovely, friendly place it is to be, I can't see him ever being happy at Calmont Rd, unless we can lure him due to the new facilities being built, he is also very popular and we'll regarded at Spurs.

Jones took Luton from league 2 to Championship on a small budget. He failed at Stoke for whom no one has managed success and then failed at Southampton but that's the Premiership and Southampton were relegated anyway.
He is passionate, determined to succeed and recognised as a great motivator. He is a gamble but so would Eustace, Beale and Muscat have been gamble's unless we are talking Guardiola, Arteta, Klopp then the next Millwall manager will be a gamble. Ryan Mason may be highly considered as a coach but being a manager is a different proposition and he too would have been a gamble.
We were cnuting off Rowett for being safe and boring and uninspiring so I'm all up for Jones bringing his flamboyant and wacky managerial style to the Den.
I don't think we'll have too long to wait and I've got a sneaking suspicion that an announcement will be made before Saturday.

Don't be surprised if it's none of those mentioned but someone from abroad. There's also a possibility that Warnock will come in just for this season if the board can't get there man now.
I've still got a feeling that it'll be an unknown or someone unexpected. Had it been the managers stated, we would've been all over it during the international break and done the business within days of GR leaving. 2 weeks ago we were told that a full and comprehensive search was already underway. Trusting this is the case, we may have another few weeks of interviews and further suspects to go through.

Fair play - at least we are doing our work well. SK has taken this club forward, with JB yes, but a very well thought out leader.

I would love Ryan Mason to get the job, but being a regular visitor to spurs training ground and experiencing what a lovely, friendly place it is to be, I can't see him ever being happy at Calmont Rd, unless we can lure him due to the new facilities being built, he is also very popular and we'll regarded at Spurs.
On good money too

I think Jones would be a safe but uninspiring appointment. Unlikely much would actually change than what we had under Rowett. I'd get it if the board wanted some continuity, but after being starved of any flair or excitement since pre-covid, I'm all for taking a risk on someone like Muscat. Not asking for tiki taka but just a more proactive approach to the tactics.
No tiki tala just the haka! 😉

I've still got a feeling that it'll be an unknown or someone unexpected. Had it been the managers stated, we would've been all over it during the international break and done the business within days of GR leaving. 2 weeks ago we were told that a full and comprehensive search was already underway. Trusting this is the case, we may have another few weeks of interviews and further suspects to go through.

Fair play - at least we are doing our work well. SK has taken this club forward, with JB yes, but a very well thought out leader.
I think you are right, Champs.
The only thing we know for 100% certainty…….It ain’t gonna be you! :wahey: :wahey: :wahey:

Can't stand Nathan Jones as a person, but probably as good as anyone out there who we could seriously consider getting. I wasn't enjoying the football under Rowett but he did turn us into a top ten Championship side. As a lot have been saying for a long time be careful what you wish for. We will see, but I am not sure who people thought we were really going to get? i always felt GR was as good a manager as we were likely to get at this level although there was no denying it was getting harder and harder to watch, let's hope the next appointment proves me wrong, unfortunately with the crowd we get down our place these days he will probably be getting dogs abuse before Christmas whoever he is.

As well as Southampton, I think he balls-up at Stoke and, at this point in time, I think the only club he had any success at was Luton🤷‍♂️

Can’t see his style of football suiting the likes of Zian and Casper, to name but a few 👎
Stoke were in decline at the time and have never really recovered plus he could of learnt from the mistakes he made there, he did go back to Luton to be successful.
I'm just trying to see the positive side , Kavanagh will know all the negatives that have been pointed out on here about all applicants and make the right decision I think.