The definitive new manager speculation thread

Tweeted 5hrs ago from Richard Cawley.

There are more interviews this week. So anyone saying that someone has got the job already is wrong. In terms of Muscat, I'm not convinced it is at second interview stage.

QPR didn’t take long to replace Ainsworth.

Marti Cifuentes who seems to have a decent CV, albeit recently mainly in Scandinavia.
Certainly lined up before the hippy got the boot.

Just shows ours must have been a genuine mutual, more on the side of Rowett, although we could all potentially see it coming, so would have thought the club had a list of possibles from around the globe.
Maybe they did.

For some reason, anyone that has been mentioned doesn't fill me with a great deal of hope.

If not Muscat, then I'd personally prefer Jones or Eustace. Even then I'm not 100% sure.

This time, hiring a manager is a bit different to when we hired GR. Different expectations for sure in terms of league status and aspirations, which could be the reason for my uncertainty. Money has been spent on this squad and the person taking over, regardless of the fans expectations, I'd assume would be expected to go steps further than GR. Which is no easy job for anyone coming in.

For this season, I can only see someone stabilising what we currently have and finishing a respectable position in the table, or they have a mare and we're involved in a relegation battle, which is steps back from GR.

I don't see any type of promotion push this year. We haven't got the consistency within the squad to achieve it yet. Between 8th-12th I think we've had a good season.

Suppose only time will tell for whoever takes charge.

For some reason, anyone that has been mentioned doesn't fill me with a great deal of hope.

If not Muscat, then I'd personally prefer Jones or Eustace. Even then I'm not 100% sure.

This time, hiring a manager is a bit different to when we hired GR. Different expectations for sure in terms of league status and aspirations, which could be the reason for my uncertainty. Money has been spent on this squad and the person taking over, regardless of the fans expectations, I'd assume would be expected to go steps further than GR. Which is no easy job for anyone coming in.

For this season, I can only see someone stabilising what we currently have and finishing a respectable position in the table, or they have a mare and we're involved in a relegation battle, which is steps back from GR.

I don't see any type of promotion push this year. We haven't got the consistency within the squad to achieve it yet. Between 8th-12th I think we've had a good season.

Suppose only time will tell for whoever takes charge.
That's why I would go for Warnock if he wants it, on a short contract to give time to set up properly for next season with a new manager.

That's why I would go for Warnock if he wants it, on a short contract to give time to set up properly for next season with a new manager.
The trouble with that is that you effectively write off this season before the end of October.
The other end of that possible scenario is that a new manager comes in now. Gets settled in during November and December.
Knows exactly what he needs in the January transfer window, and "BOOM" our season explodes with no possibility off the table.

I'm not saying either is right or wrong or likely to happen, but if you don't shoot for the stars, you'll never get off the ground.

The trouble with that is that you effectively write off this season before the end of October.
The other end of that possible scenario is that a new manager comes in now. Gets settled in during November and December.
Knows exactly what he needs in the January transfer window, and "BOOM" our season explodes with no possibility off the table.

I'm not saying either is right or wrong or likely to happen, but if you don't shoot for the stars, you'll never get off the ground.
All true but I think we need to steady the ship at the moment. Things could go either way.