The definitive new manager speculation thread

Mark Noble ?😎 - Peter Eustace for me

Watching Gary O'Neil last night - bloke came over really well - shame he's not available

35 minutes in

Had a listen and he speaks well so should do well at interview with the club if he gets one.
Some similarities to Rowett eg:
“Be hard to beat and better in the final third”
“Create a connection between the club and the fans”
“Be competitive in every game we play”

I can’t see Brum doing so well without him, especially with Rooney in charge. They will regret the sacking and hopefully to our benefit! 👍

Hope there was a plan in place with GR mutually agreeing to leave.

Otherwise I'm worried this could be a slow and steady decline of what GR, to be fair to him, has built here.

Need someone with fresh idea's, young and hungry. Not someone who has a rigid method of thinking or negative philosophy.

Trying not to think too negatively, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

Hope there was a plan in place with GR mutually agreeing to leave.

Otherwise I'm worried this could be a slow and steady decline of what GR, to be fair to him, has built here.
I agree and am mindful of that. There's a section of our fanbase that in my opinion expect too much and are more a hindrance than help to the mangement and team. Not making the play offs is being deemed as a failure and naturally there has to be a scapegoat. It won't be easy for any manager coming in that doesn't match the boo boys expectations.

I will say it again cause it's relevant to subject in hand. To hear what was sung by a section of our own support at Rowett during the Norwich game was completely counter productive, shocking, shameful and fucking disgraceful.

It was a real low point for me in my 40 plus years of going. It may well be shit to some but he's done nothing but good for our club. Defended us when he didn't have to say anything when the press were doing another job on us over the knee bollox.

Prospective managers see that and think fuck managing that lot. We are one bad appointment away from a relegation. One poor run of results away from seeing another manager publicly humiliated in front of his players and employer.

I think we've gone as far as we can go in this division. We've hit our ceiling and without a huge dollop of good fortune and luck we won't go any further. I can live with and accept that. What concerns me is the fans that can't and won't.

I agree and am mindful of that. There's a section of our fanbase that in my opinion expect too much and are more a hindrance than help to the mangement and team. Not making the play offs is being deemed as a failure and naturally there has to be a scapegoat. It won't be easy for any manager coming in that doesn't match the boo boys expectations.

I will say it again cause it's relevant to subject in hand. To hear what was sung by a section of our own support at Rowett during the Norwich game was completely counter productive, shocking, shameful and fucking disgraceful.

It was a real low point for me in my 40 plus years of going. It may well be shit to some but he's done nothing but good for our club. Defended us when he didn't have to say anything when the press were doing another job on us over the knee bollox.

Prospective managers see that and think fuck managing that lot. We are one bad appointment away from a relegation. One poor run of results away from seeing another manager publicly humiliated in front of his players and employer.

I think we've gone as far as we can go in this division. We've hit our ceiling and without a huge dollop of good fortune and luck we won't go any further. I can live with and accept that. What concerns me is the fans that can't and won't.

Absolutely....What they seem to forget is that it was GR who kept us within the play-offs nearly every season at some point. It was him who gave them the belief and 'it's our right' to be in the play-offs. Yet, he was still an hopeless cunt.**
:grinning:

I think the best bet for us right now would be Eustace. As negative as it sounds, we need stabilizing right now and consolidation. I think he would bring that. We are always one bad appointment from going down, our history has shown that. Some of our fans need a dose of reality. Look at Derby. Look at Reading. Even Charlton. For the sake of being "entertained" do we want to risk going back to League One and the trudge of that every week? Last night was entertaining, we were wide open at times and couldn't have had more of a go second half than we did, but we lost.

A team that can't score and can't defend is only going to go one way and that's us right now. The saving grace is that Sheff Weds and Rotherham look doomed already and QPR are a basket case.

Players need a new leader (manager) no question hopefully not copying Spanish style football. We did try to get forward passing in the last couple of games but like clockwork.
Definitely have some good footballers here, but we do need some bite to put the opposition off.

Apparently Beale doesn’t want it. Doesn’t pay enough and has just had his pay out from rangers so in no rush to get back to it. Having sometime out.

If it’s Muscat, then we’d have to wait until Christmas, as that’s when the season ends in Japan and he wants to see it out there as they’re 4 points clear at the top of the league.

But apparently we’ve put a lot of feelers out. Keeping our options open by the sounds of it.

Ralph Hasenhüttl. I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned other than no one can pronounce his name. He was unfortunate to lose his job when they were in the premier league, and they've struggled replacing him since he left.

Last edited: