The definitive new manager speculation thread

I accept we are lacking in quality but an on-the-ground style manager would be able to bring the best out of Zian and Casper. Throw in Bryan, who I think is accomplished, BNC (who’s Arsenal training should be of benefit) and Nesbit and perhaps we might be surprised how easy the team could adjust to a change of style 🤔
I wouldn't say we are lacking in quality but we are at the same standard as most Championship clubs, to play and succeed in a entertaining possession based way we need to be better than most other teams like Burnley were last season.
Burnley probably would of won the league if they played a direct style of football because they were that much better than the rest and we will never have a squad better than the rest so we need to get as high up the league with a mid table team, just like 15 other clubs are trying to do, Rowett did it but his style isn't good enough for some so we now need someone to do better but in a different way and I'm not sure there is anyone out there that is capable of getting us into the top 6 whilst playing an entertaining attacking way.

John Eustace for me
I'm feeling the same at the moment, done the so called apprenticeship in non league and as assistant, then seemed to do well in his first job and also played most of his career at this level.
He already knows the opposition, what works and what doesn't in this league and he isn't neil warnock.

I wouldn't say we are lacking in quality but we are at the same standard as most Championship clubs, to play and succeed in a entertaining possession based way we need to be better than most other teams like Burnley were last season.
Burnley probably would of won the league if they played a direct style of football because they were that much better than the rest and we will never have a squad better than the rest so we need to get as high up the league with a mid table team, just like 15 other clubs are trying to do, Rowett did it but his style isn't good enough for some so we now need someone to do better but in a different way and I'm not sure there is anyone out there that is capable of getting us into the top 6 whilst playing an entertaining attacking way.
Ossie Ardiles? As manager of Spurs in the mid-1990s, he played several matches utilizing a formation that had five forwards! 😉

Of course there is someone out there, managers are like players. Got to give them a chance and see what they can do. If nobody was given a chance there wouldn’t be a manager. Obviously it’s finding a gem with new ideas and good football knowledge. That’s the hard bit, maybe an ex prem player who has done loads of badges and could possibly have had access to a good manager’s knowledge too. Sort of like Carrick. It’s all a gamble which makes it football. Be interesting to see if we go abroad.

Of course there is someone out there, managers are like players. Got to give them a chance and see what they can do. If nobody was given a chance there wouldn’t be a manager. Obviously it’s finding a gem with new ideas and good football knowledge. That’s the hard bit, maybe an ex prem player who has done loads of badges and could possibly have had access to a good manager’s knowledge too. Sort of like Carrick. It’s all a gamble which makes it football. Be interesting to see if we go abroad.
Anyone interviewed should have the top coaching qualification, UEFA pro license and I hope we don't take a gamble on someone as relegation would put us back years.
Cannot see a foreigner with no Championship experience being of any use to us, we need the basic hard work ethic at the centre of anything we do as we don't have the extra ability to get us 3 points without it.

Ossie Ardiles? As manager of Spurs in the mid-1990s, he played several matches utilizing a formation that had five forwards! 😉
Wasn't that Klinnsman when Sheringham was there?
Yet another 'new idea' that didn't work out well, we are spurs and we have to attack with flair mentality, perhaps if they played football that would of bored some of their fans, they might of won a trophy or two.

Every time I look at the names on the new manager odds it makes me want to weep. I'd take Eustace but the rest are uninspiring to say the least. And another name appeared when I looked just now.

Steve Evans anyone?

Bmy9dP1CAAA0z6C.jpg

Every time I look at the names on the new manager odds it makes me want to weep. I'd take Eustace but the rest are uninspiring to say the least. And another name appeared when I looked just now.

Steve Evans anyone?

View attachment 24106

Hasn’t that cunt not keeled over yet? Imagine him as manager with Lurch lurking in the background. What a fucking win double that would be.

Wasn't that Klinnsman when Sheringham was there?
Yet another 'new idea' that didn't work out well, we are spurs and we have to attack with flair mentality, perhaps if they played football that would of bored some of their fans, they might of won a trophy or two.
No mate. Definitely Ardiles.

Anyone interviewed should have the top coaching qualification, UEFA pro license and I hope we don't take a gamble on someone as relegation would put us back years.
Cannot see a foreigner with no Championship experience being of any use to us, we need the basic hard work ethic at the centre of anything we do as we don't have the extra ability to get us 3 points without it.
Any appointment would be a gamble. We need someone with a good football brain to bring the best out of our better players. Someone who can breathe confidence into their abilities. Someone who can educate our players into making the ball their best friend. Make them make it hard to give the ball away. One of the things we need to be educated in is movement off the ball to create a safe passage for the ball to travel through. First touch, passing, and weight of pass too. Things really they should know how execute. An innovative manager. As loads of said possibly Eustace.