The definitive new manager speculation thread

I hope I'm wrong but worry how we'll move on.
I didn't like his football or Harris's come to that, but still go every week because we just do.
I can't see anyone that excites me were they to come in, and just hope we win or draw more than we lose. We have done for the past 4 years but that's not been good enough for quite a few.
Let's all hope we don't regret this.

It's a shame Gary O'Neil had a good opportunity to take up at Wolves, otherwise we could've been licking our lips at that one.

I cant see us prizing a manager out of another club, so that leaves us with chaps that are out of work right now. Unless anyone becomes available over the weekend, that is.

It's a shame Gary O'Neil had a good opportunity to take up at Wolves, otherwise we could've been licking our lips at that one.

I cant see us prizing a manager out of another club, so that leaves us with chaps that are out of work right now. Unless anyone becomes available over the weekend, that is.
I thinking exactly the same. Unfortunately, bad timing for us.

Mark Kennedy has great experience coaching with both the Ipswich and Man City academies.

Was sacked by Lincoln on the same day that we parted company with Rowett. Does the club want to move towards focussing more on youth development with a new manager?

View attachment 24085

This list doesn't look pretty. Mark Kennedy 2nd favourite?! I know bookies make things up but that's way out there. Even Lee Bowyer, why he's even priced at under 500/1 who'd ever know! ZERO chance of that one. Only current name on it is John Eustace, and perhaps Beale but I hope we stay clear of him.

Doesn't read well at the moment. I hope we can come up with names that are better than the list Bet Victor have come up with.
They've got to be taking bets from people wistfully thinking of the return of a Prodigal Son or something for Muscat & Kennedy to be high-up in the order.

Eustace or someone with similar Championship credentials; not sure we should be taking a punt on an untried manager especially when we've barely righted the ship

Eustace has limited experience but has left both Kidderminster and B'ham in a better state than when he joined.

Almost to a man, Blues fans speak highly of him on their forum.

Muscat 7/4 fav with Bet Victor , Steve Cotterill at 10/1 . Always liked Cotterill in interviews, always honest and up front about his teams performance etc . Hope to f@@k we don’t get Muscat .

Only bloke on that list for me is at the top, was club captain under Wise and hopefully none of the tippytappy football . Then again its likelynone of them.

Last edited:
What we the fans want and what we will get are often two different things. Yes, a young, adventurous coach sounds enticing, but there's a risk. Keiran McKenna was a free hit for Ipswich, as they were in League One and had been in decline/stagnating for many years, as it turns out it was a masterstroke for them.
Our board will be unlikely to take such a risk as getting it wrong will almost certainly lead to relegation, that would never of been likely for Ipswich.
My best guess is that they will make a shortlist out of managers with a proven track record in the Championship, probably with promotions on their cv such as Chris Wilder and Scott Parker, or a man with recent success on a relatively limited budget like John Eustace.