The definitive new manager speculation thread

Do you think he will want to play the way we need to play and ditch what he has learnt at spurs?
We can't suddenly use tactics that need premiership quality players to do so.
Anyone that doesn't know the Championship gives us a higher risk of it going wrong.
I accept we are lacking in quality but an on-the-ground style manager would be able to bring the best out of Zian and Casper. Throw in Bryan, who I think is accomplished, BNC (who’s Arsenal training should be of benefit) and Nesbit and perhaps we might be surprised how easy the team could adjust to a change of style 🤔

I watched Lions TV with Fat Dan and Ipswich Jesus talking about the circumstances or GR’s departure and who was in the frame for the job. It was an interesting debate. Dan knows a lot about Millwall but IJ knows a lot more about the wider market and who might fit in at the Den.
Dan said that they should come up with a three man short list, one that Dan wanted, one that IJ wanted and a compromise candidate.
Dan’s choice was Kevin Muscat, IJ went for John Eustace and the compromise candidate was Nathan Jones.
It was an interesting debate and it’s on YouTube if you fancied watching it. There were many they dismissed including Fat Frank, Chris Wilder and Graham Potter who IJ thinks will be the next England manager. Gonk is only contracted until the end of the Euros 24

My money is GR back to brum & Eustace to us. Obviously brum want an in your face attack minded manager. :hmmm:

Although wall did contact me. I said I would play 4-4- fkin 2 and anyone not giving 100% gets a kicking. For some reason the call cut off.

I would wager it will be nobody on that list.
You're probably right. I don't know how bookies manage to operate a book on these things, it's all completely based on guesswork mainly about who's obvious. Then again, that's probably the easiest way for them to run a book, they can't really lose!

My money is GR back to brum & Eustace to us. Obviously brum want an in your face attack minded manager. :hmmm:

Although wall did contact me. I said I would play 4-4- fkin 2 and anyone not giving 100% gets a kicking. For some reason the call cut off.
You do know Rooneys just been appointed Brum manager?

I’m getting this horrible feeling it’s going to be Adam Barrett
Not so bad given Barrett led Millwall to a 2-1 win over Leeds United in his first game, drew 2-2 with Cardiff City in his third and final game and in between saw his Lions side lose 3-2 to Brentford despite leading 2-0 with only six minutes of normal time.

I watched Lions TV with Fat Dan and Ipswich Jesus talking about the circumstances or GR’s departure and who was in the frame for the job. It was an interesting debate. Dan knows a lot about Millwall but IJ knows a lot more about the wider market and who might fit in at the Den.
Dan said that they should come up with a three man short list, one that Dan wanted, one that IJ wanted and a compromise candidate.
Dan’s choice was Kevin Muscat, IJ went for John Eustace and the compromise candidate was Nathan Jones.
It was an interesting debate and it’s on YouTube if you fancied watching it. There were many they dismissed including Fat Frank, Chris Wilder and Graham Potter who IJ thinks will be the next England manager. Gonk is only contracted until the end of the Euros 24
I posted a link to this on page 5 of the thread.

You're probably right. I don't know how bookies manage to operate a book on these things, it's all completely based on guesswork mainly about who's obvious. Then again, that's probably the easiest way for them to run a book, they can't really lose!
That’s it in a nutshell.
Based on no prior information they create a list of names so that losers can give them money.

It's a shame Gary O'Neil had a good opportunity to take up at Wolves, otherwise we could've been licking our lips at that one.

I cant see us prizing a manager out of another club, so that leaves us with chaps that are out of work right now. Unless anyone becomes available over the weekend, that is.
If there was a manager from another club you could have at Millwall, who would it be?
Mine would be Mark Robins at Coventry.

I don’t know why anyone would take any notice of what fat Dan has to say. This is the same fuckwit that was banging the drum for Ainsworth the last time we were looking for a new manager. Some of the suggestions I’ve seen on his social media from some of our legendary thick supporters makes me think that they shouldn’t be allowed on the internet and should stick to eating crayons and shouting at passing traffic.

Not so bad given Barrett led Millwall to a 2-1 win over Leeds United in his first game, drew 2-2 with Cardiff City in his third and final game and in between saw his Lions side lose 3-2 to Brentford despite leading 2-0 with only six minutes of normal time.

Oddly enough, up until that point, we couldn't manage to score more than one goal in league matches. I hope Barrett's (more than one goal per game) Midas touch continues today...

:grinning:

If there was a manager from another club you could have at Millwall, who would it be?
Mine would be Mark Robins at Coventry.
I like what Steven Schumacher has done at Plymouth. Playing well AND has made them a hard team to beat.
I also think Lee Carsley would make a good manager/coach once he leave the U'21s role.