Roy Larner benefit do

You were in the Army weren't you Ulster? You must've seen some outstanding acts of bravery or self-sacrifice: where does this rank?
Roy's actions are on a level way beyond anything I've ever seen or heard of.
I would rank it as similar to some of our war heroes, those young men who selfishly still went "over the top", despite having watched their comrades cut down, those who lay on a grenade to save others, or stormed enemy positions single handedly, to give their mates a chance of survival.
How Roy survived that night, after doing what most people would describe as suicidal, is nothing less than a miracle.
But then the reptiles who waged terror that night obviously didn't factor coming across a warrior, with the heart of a True Lion.
On another occasion, a lad, who had a bit of form, bravely went for terrorist with a tusk before OB shot the fucker. That particular lad received acknowledgement and an award, despite his previous background.
Why the difference?
Roy is, and should be a National Hero. It's a disgrace that this issue is even being questioned.
Shame on those who have denied the gentleman that status.

I would rank it as similar to some of our war heroes, those young men who selfishly still went "over the top", despite having watched their comrades cut down, those who lay on a grenade to save others, or stormed enemy positions single handedly, to give their mates a chance of survival.
How Roy survived that night, after doing what most people would describe as suicidal, is nothing less than a miracle.
But then the reptiles who waged terror that night obviously didn't factor coming across a warrior, with the heart of a True Lion.
On another occasion, a lad, who had a bit of form, bravely went for terrorist with a tusk before OB shot the fucker. That particular lad received acknowledgement and an award, despite his previous background.
Why the difference?
Roy is, and should be a National Hero. It's a disgrace that this issue is even being questioned.
Top post.

Why the difference?
100% post Ulster 👍

Just got this email in reply to the one I sent them. Anyone else get this?

Thank you for your enquiry.

Several people have contacted us regarding Roy’s bravery, but this can only be considered if the Society’s Nomination Form is properly completed and submitted.

Such a nomination has been received and is currently being considered and will be presented at the next Awards Committee Meeting. The Society will then inform the nominator of the outcome and the next steps.

Thank you for your interest in the Society.
If you would like to make a donation to the Royal Humane Society payment details can be found on our website www.royalhumanesociety.org.uk/donate

John Wilson
Assistant Secretary
Royal Humane Society
40 Temple Chambers
3-7 Temple Avenue
London EC4Y 0HP
www.royalhumanesociety.org.uk
0204 599 4720

Several people have contacted us regarding Roy’s bravery, but this can only be considered if the Society’s Nomination Form is properly completed and submitted.

Such a nomination has been received and is currently being considered and will be presented at the next Awards Committee Meeting. The Society will then inform the nominator of the outcome and the next steps.

If you would like to make a donation to the Royal Humane Society payment details can be found on our website www.royalhumanesociety.org.uk/donate

John Wilson
Assistant Secretary
Royal Humane Society
40 Temple Chambers
3-7 Temple Avenue
London EC4Y 0HP
0204 599 4720
Received same reply this afternoon

John Wilson
Assistant Secretary
Royal Humane Society
40 Temple Chambers
3-7 Temple Avenue
London EC4Y 0HP
0204 599 4720
Had the same on too

John Wilson
Assistant Secretary
Royal Humane Society
40 Temple Chambers
3-7 Temple Avenue
London EC4Y 0HP
0204 599 4720

yeah got the same. I’m glad they’ve had to send so many replies out

Why the difference?
Great post mate.

Am aware of a few things that happened on that fatal night. Makes you sick to the stomach when you hear and read what Roy had to witness and endure.

Had to go through some witness statements when putting our case for Roy forward. They had me in bits and i liked to think i'm hard nosed and unshockable. I hope and pray that the correct outcome is forthcoming.

John Wilson
Assistant Secretary
Royal Humane Society
40 Temple Chambers
3-7 Temple Avenue
London EC4Y 0HP
0204 599 4720
Only just see this thread had been bumped mate. Let me look into it and talk to others involved with the application and i'll post any updates/ advice given asap.

Thanks for highlighting this T.

Some news.

Thanks for taking the time to write in to support Roy Larner. A number of people have contacted us about his nomination, which we are taking to the next Awards Committee meeting at the end of the month. The team will be in touch with the nominator to confirm the result and check on details etc.

Best wishes,

Andrew

Andrew Chapman
Secretary
Royal Humane Society
40 Temple Chambers
3-7 Temple Avenue
London EC4Y 0HP
020 4599 4720

---------------------------------------------------

26th April is the date the Awards Committee.

Cheers.

Peckham Lion.