Roy Larner benefit do

View attachment 21290Another kick in the teeth for Roy
Disgusting.

Roy has been discriminated against purely because of the football club he supports. Fuck 'em all, he knows what he did, he knows how we all feel about he did.

The man's a hero end of.

If some spineless, faceless two Bob cunt who would have shat himself in the same situation deems he isn't due a bravery award it says more about modern society than it does Roy.

Myself and a few others from HOF did the submission for Roy. We wrote a detailed account of the events and Roys heroics. Reading some of the witness statements and accounts was tough and brought tears to my eyes.

What he did that night is fucking astounding and goes beyond the pale. He's one brave man. Lets hope the correct thing is done and Roy gets the recognition that he duly deserves.
Update and good news.

"Dear XXXXXXXXX

Just to update you re the nomination for Roy Larner.
Following a discussion with the Awards co-ordinator at the Met our Secretary will present the nomination at the Awards Committee meeting scheduled for the 26 April. The results will be released several weeks later."

It's passed the first hurdle, that is all ,but important and encouraging.

But. you can help chaps and chapettes by writing something.

If you want to support Roy's nomination then you can tweet The Royal Humane Society at @HumaneRoyal

but PLEASE just keep it very simple no profanity etc., i'd avoid reference to millwall and just state you support his nomination on the grounds he has never formally been recognised or rewarded for his his selfless bravery that saved the lives of dozens of people, at huge personal cost to his own health and wellbeing.

Lets hope common sense and decency prevails here so Roy gets the recognition he so rightly desereves.

Fingers crossesd and get tweeting to the Royal Humane Society at @HumaneRoyal

Cheers, Peckham Lion.

Have to remember that Roy is up against other nominee's for the award. Not sure what the others have done. So get tweeting or get your kids to do it on your behalf :grinning:

Calm and measured tweets and no swearing please.

Last edited:
It's passed the first hurdle, that is all ,but important and encouraging.

But. you can help chaps and chapettes by writing something.

If you want to support Roy's nomination then you can tweet The Royal Humane Society at @HumaneRoyal

but PLEASE just keep it very simple no profanity etc., i'd avoid reference to millwall and just state you support his nomination on the grounds he has never formally been recognised or rewarded for his his selfless bravery that saved the lives of dozens of people, at huge personal cost to his own health and wellbeing.

Lets hope common sense and decency prevails here so Roy gets the recognition he so rightly desereves.

Fingers crossesd and get tweeting to the Royal Humane Society at @HumaneRoyal

Cheers, Peckham Lion.
Just bouncing this. Get facking tweeting :hehe:

The Royal Humane Society at @HumaneRoyal

Just bouncing this. Get facking tweeting :hehe:

The Royal Humane Society at @HumaneRoyal
Had a butchers on that site mate, it’s a pdf you gotta download. Then they ask for Roy’s address, does he know your nominating him blah blah blah. Am I on the right place or am I missing something.

Had a butchers on that site mate, it’s a pdf you gotta download. Then they ask for Roy’s address, does he know your nominating him blah blah blah. Am I on the right place or am I missing something.
Will look into this mate and get back to you. Thanks for pointing it out!!

I can’t get my head around “ he is up against other nominees “ ......... so if ten people did ten acts of amazing heroics their would only be one person picked ????? They should all be awarded.
This is scandalous. Roy has shown an amazing act of bravery, that was above and beyond.
And this should just be a special case.

Well done Peckham and HOF for pushing this.

He has been formally nominated by us so you don't need to give any details mate. Just tweet them nicely or an email to them supporting the nomination.

info@royalhumanesociety.org.uk

so if ten people did ten acts of amazing heroics their would only be one person picked ????? They should all be awarded.
This is scandalous. Roy has shown an amazing act of bravery, that was above and beyond.
And this should just be a special case.
Agree with you mate. Nothing is straight forward anymore and it often defies logic. But we will push and push on this matter until the right and proper thing is done.

Well done Peckham and HOF for pushing this.
(y)(y)

This heroic man selflessly deterred terrorists from continuing with their despicable actions, receiving serious injuries in the process.
I find it mystifying that he hasn’t received the acknowledgement that he fully deserves. In the circumstances I strongly support the current nomination to put matters right.
Emailed!

This heroic man selflessly deterred terrorists from continuing with their despicable actions, receiving serious injuries in the process.
I find it mystifying that he hasn’t received the acknowledgement that he fully deserves. In the circumstances I strongly support the current nomination to put matters right.
Emailed!
Thanks mate.