Rowett

Got to say, I think Norwich mark comes in for a lot of unnecessary stick on here. He explained the other day why he hasn’t been attending games recently, after the lose of his mother.

Just because he hasn’t attended a game, and watched on the box, doesn’t mean he isn’t entitled to an opinion. Lots of us, for a variety of reasons, can only pick and choose games at various times during our Millwall supporting life’s. Myself included, I can’t do every game like I used to. That doesn’t mean our opinions don’t matter.
And yeah, he can be a bit negative sometimes (ok ALL the time 😆). But again, that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it.

Got to say, I think Norwich mark comes in for a lot of unnecessary stick on here. He explained the other day why he hasn’t been attending games recently, after the lose of his mother.

Just because he hasn’t attended a game, and watched on the box, doesn’t mean he isn’t entitled to an opinion. Lots of us, for a variety of reasons, can only pick and choose games at various times during our Millwall supporting life’s. Myself included, I can’t do every game like I used to. That doesn’t mean our opinions don’t matter.
And yeah, he can be a bit negative sometimes (ok ALL the time 😆). But again, that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it.
Liked your post wippa , till you said negative all the time🤣🤣. As you say anybody can have an opinion wether you go or watch on box. I’d love to go but severed my links a while ago. At 62 driving to London isn’t very appealing especially after watching a game like Saturdays.also I watch without having a drink which allows me to clearly see things unlike some here who see a player do one or two things in a game and think he’s had a blinder. My view now is that we either have league 1 players, well mainly or Rowett is stifling their ability and effectiveness. Either way I’d love us to play football with quick flowing passing that cuts open defences. How often has that happened in recent years. Maybe just maybe it’s the fact we can only loan or buy 2 bob players.

Has to devise a way of including Flemming and Voglsammer. The latter certainly has something about him and I can see him becoming a crowd favourite but Flemming hardly had a touch!

Honeyman's too small and slow tracking back. Shack has nice touches but also small. Apart from Saville, we lost virtually every 50/50 midfield clash.

Danny's also small and I don't think Reading will be the only team who will target him with high balls. The free-kick (that wasn't a foul!) that lead to their goal originated from Danny getting muscled off in the air.

Assuming our scouts were aware in advance of the size of Reading's team, I think Leonard should have started.

The squad has more depth than last season but too much sameness in the middle and a lack of creativity.

Rowett has to solve the problem fast or relegation could loom on the horizon!
E free every word. Why spend out on the Dutch n German then play lad from Leeds U 16s

Just before the goal in front of the West Stand. Their player took a throw in and nearly his complete foot was on the pitch. The linesman who spotted offside from a distance didn't see something right in front of him.
The number of foul throws are increasing, but none are being penalised.
I stand to be corected, but as long as part of your foot is on the line thats ok.

What is frustrating me is that we have the players to do better. Afobe will never win the long balls being played and if he does he needs immediate support so that he can lay the ball of. Def no good when we are pressing. Bradshaw and burey need to start. Cooper needs to bring the ball forward before passing it off and preferably not to the wings in our half. If we are going to press, everyone has to press or dont bother wasting your energy. Flemming and the hammer need to start. Have a bit of faith it will come together. Lets hope soon or we will be chasing a playoff spot last game as before.

Rowett has assembled this squad without any wingers bar Burey. We painfully lack width, our fullbacks never get high enough and there is nothing for the opposition to think about. Everything’s in front of them.

After doing it all last season and not getting service, Afobe seems to have stopped making runs. I don’t blame him, no one ever finds him anyway.

I stand to be corected, but as long as part of your foot is on the line thats ok.

What is frustrating me is that we have the players to do better. Afobe will never win the long balls being played and if he does he needs immediate support so that he can lay the ball of. Def no good when we are pressing. Bradshaw and burey need to start. Cooper needs to bring the ball forward before passing it off and preferably not to the wings in our half. If we are going to press, everyone has to press or dont bother wasting your energy. Flemming and the hammer need to start. Have a bit of faith it will come together. Lets hope soon or we will be chasing a playoff spot last game as before.
You threw me there and I had to check.

Where can your feet be on a throw-in?

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must: stand facing the field of play. have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline.
https://www.thefa.com › laws › law-...

Law 15 - The Throw In - The FA

Yes. Still early anyway (evidenced by Reading's current spot in the table- nothing spectacular there to look at) and I've still high hopes as it seems to me that the talent is there for better results in the near future. Flem and Vogl (brings aggressive play to the channel that is sometimes lacking) should start without a doubt as, if there's to be some tinkering, that's the obvious beginning. COYL.

Last edited:

Agree with this, I would like to see Coops, when he gets just inside the oppos half, to let fly, we know he's s got a dig in him from Sheff Utd a couple of years ago, better than just hoofing it.

Reactions: Owl
Got to say, I think Norwich mark comes in for a lot of unnecessary stick on here.
Disagree. He does nothing but slag the team off, post after post. If he carried on like that where i sit at the den he'd be ironed out. I can't remember one positive post from him, and yes, he's entitled to that just as posters are entitled to have a pop at him. Him saying Rowett has to go, what absolute bollox. On what grounds? we won our last five at home prior to Saturday, scoring 14 goals. We were just short of the play offs. His posts come across as trolling and seeking to wind bods up for a reaction, it works!

We were poor on Saturday, i thought Rowett was way to late in making subs, was expecting a few changes at half time. His game management was poor, full stop. The German and Flemming are supposedly short of match fitness at the moment so we''ll have to wait to see them at there best.

What Rowett or any other manager can't be held responsible for is players not being able to pass a ball, see danger or find space. Time after time we put the ball into the most tight and congested areas, pass to a player that has space around him for fucks sake. Saying all that, we've had some good performances, the team spirit has been good upto Saturday, we can't and won't win them all. Some reality from the bed wetters wouldn't go amiss. Some of the posts on here since Saturday are both laughable and alarmist and more suited to the Nigels and Spotters.

NTMIK.

Last edited:
Disagree. He does nothing but slag the team off, post after post. If he carried on like that where i sit at the den he be ironed out. I can't remember one positive post from him, and yes, he's entitled to that just as posters are entitled to have a pop at him. Him saying Rowett has to go, what absolute bollox. On what grounds? we won our last five at home prior to Saturday, scoring 14 goals. We were just short of the play offs. His posts come across as trolling and seeking to wind bods up for a reaction, it works!

We were poor on Saturday, i thought Rowett was way to late in making subs, was expecting a few changes at half time. His game management was poor, full stop. The German and Flemming are supposedly short of match fitness at the moment so we''ll have to wait to see them at there best.

What Rowett or any other manager can't be held responsible for is players not being able to pass a ball, see danger or find space. Time after time we put the ball into the most tight and congested areas, pass to a player that has space around him for fucks sake. Saying all that, we've had some good performances, the team spirit has been good upto Saturday, we can't and won't win them all. Some reality from the bed wetters wouldn't go amiss. Some of the posts on here since Saturday are both laughable and alarmist and more suited to the Nigels and Spotters.

NTMIK.
Expected that reply to be honest, why would I want to wind up fellow supporters is beyond me but that’s your opinion. Ok we won 5 at home previous to Saturday yes, Barnsley,hull, Peterborough, Stoke and Coventry. 14 scored, 3 by forwards and I think you’ll find we had less possession in every game.Coventry probably helped by a red. The basis I think Rowett is not good enough is bore out by his coaching ability. Why play long balls up to players who can’t control them?????. Please answer that. Why buy or loan players that can’t do this. I think he’s brainwashed with playing the so called Millwall way. Don’t get me wrong we have won some great games this way especially one offs in the cup. But over forty odd games It won’t work, injures and suspensions catch up with this style and the crowd can only intimidate so much. You can’t expect to win many games with 35% possession believe me. With his limited resources maybe he needs to play this way and try and get whatever he can out of what he’s got. But playing hit and hope won’t prevail not in todays game Wimbledon did well with it but many years ago.so I say he needs quick players WITH a good first touch who CAN pass and WEIGHT a pass, and who CAN find space to shoot. We have been sussed out change needs to happen, love Rowett to change things and climb the table be great. Let’s see tomorrow how we go from here.

I can’t work out why people are labelling us a long ball team when from what I see with my own eyes every week is anything but. In actual fact most people around me have a pop at players for fucking around passing it too much.

There was a bit more of it on Saturday but that was as usual mainly down to Cooper and his absolute inability to bring the ball down and play it even when he he has ample time to do so and don’t get me started on the amount of times he carelessly heads the ball straight back to the opposition or out for a throw in. I know he can be a threat from set pieces but in my opinion he’s not quick enough in thought or deed to play in a three man CB set up.

Why play long balls up to players who can’t control them?????. Please answer that.
It's not Rowett that is playing those balls nor is he one the end of them. Do you think Rowetts tells a player to pass it to a team mate that has three opposition players around him? Is it Rowett that heads a ball out of play close to goal when it can be controlled and passed forward? All of those things were clear to see on Saturday, mistakes and poor thinking, yet Rowett gets the blame from you!!

Expected that reply to be honest,
I bet you did, you must have special powers for predicting things.

Ok we won 5 at home previous to Saturday yes, Barnsley,hull, Peterborough, Stoke and Coventry. 14 scored, 3 by forwards and I think you’ll find we had less possession in every game.Coventry probably helped by a red.
How do you explain last season when we we're just short of a play off place? Luck, bribery, something else cause it's the same manager. You seem to know it all, know everything that is wrong so come on, what's the solution? other than getting rid. We'll still have the same players and budget, will have the same issues whether it's Rowett or someone else that every manager of his level has. He and nearly all off the players are at Millwall for a reason, if they were better and consistent they wouldn't be. They way you post on the match threads would have people believe you were a top ex pro, a meticulous perfectionist that has never put a foot wrong.

Last edited:
burey must start next game. he's the only one who might (probably not) cause problems. the rest are all side ways basic bros. that's the sad truth of it. massive jed shaped hole that we haven't managed to fill.

It's not Rowett that is playing those balls nor is he one the end of them. Do you think Rowetts tells a player to pass it to a team mate that has three opposition players around him? Is it Rowett that heads a ball out of play close to goal when it can be controlled and passed forward? All of those things were clear to see on Saturday, mistakes and poor thinking, yet Rowett gets the blame from you!!

I bet you did, you must have special powers for predicting things.

How do you explain last season when we we're just short of a play off place? Luck, bribery, something else cause it's the same manager. You seem to know it all, know everything that is wrong so come on, what's the solution? other than getting rid. We'll still have the same players and budget, will have the same issues whether it's Rowett or someone else that every manager of his level has. He and nearly all off the players are at Millwall for a reason, if they were better and consistent they wouldn't be. They way you post on the match threads would have people believe you were a top ex pro, a meticulous perfectionist that has never put a foot wrong.
I’ve played, refereed and coached. I’m not pep but think I have some knowledge of the game. Most people that go football go cos they can’t play on a Saturday, not good enough but criticise through ignorance of their football knowledge. As I said earlier Rowett probably getting the most out of other teams cast offs. Your saying he don’t tell cooper to keep pumping long balls to afobe, who does berylson?.let’s just accept we see different things , neither of us are necessarily right but I don’t call you names or anyone else unlike childish stuff I get called, bit pathetic. I quite enjoy others views wether I agree or not. I assumed we were all mid fifties to 60 ish. As for last year we hadn’t been sussed and all those last ditch tackles kept many clean sheets, with the help of one of the best keepers in our division.

Most people that go football go cos they can’t play on a Saturday, not good enough but criticise through ignorance of their football knowledge.
Hahaha. What about the ones that play on Sunday's? I go because i'm Millwall, from a Millwall area and family, as do most others. Fuck all all to do with what day it's on or how good they are. It must be nice up there on that cloud of superior that you look down on us from.
I’ve played, refereed and coached. I’m not pep but think I have some knowledge of the game.
:wack:

As for last year we hadn’t been sussed and all those last ditch tackles kept many clean sheets, with the help of one of the best keepers in our division.
Righto, no one, not one manager sussed us out once in 46 games.

I don’t call you names or anyone else unlike childish stuff I get called, bit pathetic.
You leave yourself open to allsorts when you put forward an opinion on a forum, but you don't normally get called a cunt or other things on a regular basis unless there;s a very good reason!

Staff online