Rowett

He needs to get someone in with attacking ideas, we struggle to create anything who does he turn to? Barrett who was a defender or Robinson who was also defender!!
Not one coach at the club is an ex attacker, it is blatantly obvious we need new attacking ideas!

He needs to get someone in with attacking ideas, we struggle to create anything who does he turn to? Barrett who was a defender or Robinson who was also defender!!
Not one coach at the club is an ex attacker, it is blatantly obvious we need new attacking ideas!
Any ideas would be good, we looked totally lost today.

The first home game i got to today, what absolute pants, no wonder that poor fellow in the dockers was taken ill, the stress millwall put on people.

One of the worst performances at home for ages , a mediocre reading outplayed ,out punched as all game except for the first 10 minutes, he still goes with the abysmal afobe & marlone who again produced nothing but he still.picks them , leaves out our besit attacker so far this season in burey who when he does come on gave us a bite upfront....tactics are from the dark ages with most of our players clueless to what they have to do, lost count of the aimless punts down the flanks to no one by our back 4 but when we are crap at the back then with no bite up front we are in danger as today proved

burey needs to start next game. the only player who has it in him techinically and mentally to actually run with the ball. we are so basic and "hard working", it just won't cut it.

Has to devise a way of including Flemming and Voglsammer. The latter certainly has something about him and I can see him becoming a crowd favourite but Flemming hardly had a touch!

Honeyman's too small and slow tracking back. Shack has nice touches but also small. Apart from Saville, we lost virtually every 50/50 midfield clash.

Danny's also small and I don't think Reading will be the only team who will target him with high balls. The free-kick (that wasn't a foul!) that lead to their goal originated from Danny getting muscled off in the air.

Assuming our scouts were aware in advance of the size of Reading's team, I think Leonard should have started.

The squad has more depth than last season but too much sameness in the middle and a lack of creativity.

Rowett has to solve the problem fast or relegation could loom on the horizon!

Last edited:
Has to go
Don't like to agree but with all the players he brought in we are playing some of the worst football for seasons and it can only be down to team selection & tactics or lack of them it seems.....if this crap carries on then he will lose the crowd and then that's the end

Has to devise a way of including Flemming and Voglsammer. The latter certainly has something about him and I can see him becoming a crowd favourite but Flemming hardly had a touch!

Honeyman's too small and slow tracking back. Shack has nice touches but also small. Apart from Saville, we lost virtually every 50/50 midfield clash.

Danny's also small and I don't think Reading will be the only team who will target him with high balls. The free-kick (that wasn't a foul!) that lead to their goal originated from Danny getting muscled off in the air.

Assuming our scouts were aware in advance of the size of Reading's team, I think Leonard should have started.

The squad has more depth than last season but too much sameness in the middle and a lack of creativity.

Rowett has to solve the problem fast or relegation could loom on the horizon!
Lenny is out for 3 months

Last edited by a moderator:
Just before the goal in front of the West Stand. Their player took a throw in and nearly his complete foot was on the pitch. The linesman who spotted offside from a distance didn't see something right in front of him.
The number of foul throws are increasing, but none are being penalised.

Nothing wrong with our midfield being small, its the tactics that are wrong.

Most of the best players ever to play the game have been small.

To talk about sacking Rowett is silly. It's our first home loss in ages.

However, today was poor. One shot on target in 90 minutes. I question whether or not we do any attacking work in training, because it doesn't show on the pitch. I also question the selection. Malone, Cooper and Afobe have all been poor and yet they played. The idea that having good subs to change a game is all well and good but when we chase a game we look aimless. Sticking Cooper up front smacks of no thought and desperation. We suddenly can't defend set-pieces and a team that can't score and can't defend is going to struggle getting a point, let alone all three.

He has to earn his dough by coming up with something, and he needs to do so quickly.

I am royally pissed off after today.

He has brought in some very good players but unless he can move away from his unnecessary 3 Centre Backs, 2 wing backs and 2 defensive Central Midfielders sitting just in front of the defence then we are going to struggle to score. He refuses to play wide midfielders so we have very few crosses into the danger zone and are left playing balls over the top to our forwards who do not have blistering pace so easy to defend. Its much harder to score from than that than arriving late in the area to tap home a ball played across the six yard box which can also give rise to OG’s and corners.