Rowett

Disagree. He does nothing but slag the team off, post after post. If he carried on like that where i sit at the den he'd be ironed out. I can't remember one positive post from him, and yes, he's entitled to that just as posters are entitled to have a pop at him. Him saying Rowett has to go, what absolute bollox. On what grounds? we won our last five at home prior to Saturday, scoring 14 goals. We were just short of the play offs. His posts come across as trolling and seeking to wind bods up for a reaction, it works!

We were poor on Saturday, i thought Rowett was way to late in making subs, was expecting a few changes at half time. His game management was poor, full stop. The German and Flemming are supposedly short of match fitness at the moment so we''ll have to wait to see them at there best.

What Rowett or any other manager can't be held responsible for is players not being able to pass a ball, see danger or find space. Time after time we put the ball into the most tight and congested areas, pass to a player that has space around him for fucks sake. Saying all that, we've had some good performances, the team spirit has been good upto Saturday, we can't and won't win them all. Some reality from the bed wetters wouldn't go amiss. Some of the posts on here since Saturday are both laughable and alarmist and more suited to the Nigels and Spotters.

NTMIK.
Agree totally Peckham, when we get to the last game of the season and still in with a shout of the play off's its luck and nothing to do with G R.
However, when we lose a game its all G R's fault.
Not even ten games in, and he has to go. Look at Forest last season, bottom half for a lot of it and ended up with promotion.

We, as stated by others are allowed an opinion, beer goggles or not.

The Huddersfield play off game ...................... That atmosphere could not be felt on the telly thats for sure ........................

Disagree. He does nothing but slag the team off, post after post. If he carried on like that where i sit at the den he'd be ironed out. I can't remember one positive post from him, and yes, he's entitled to that just as posters are entitled to have a pop at him. Him saying Rowett has to go, what absolute bollox. On what grounds? we won our last five at home prior to Saturday, scoring 14 goals. We were just short of the play offs. His posts come across as trolling and seeking to wind bods up for a reaction, it works!

We were poor on Saturday, i thought Rowett was way to late in making subs, was expecting a few changes at half time. His game management was poor, full stop. The German and Flemming are supposedly short of match fitness at the moment so we''ll have to wait to see them at there best.

What Rowett or any other manager can't be held responsible for is players not being able to pass a ball, see danger or find space. Time after time we put the ball into the most tight and congested areas, pass to a player that has space around him for fucks sake. Saying all that, we've had some good performances, the team spirit has been good upto Saturday, we can't and won't win them all. Some reality from the bed wetters wouldn't go amiss. Some of the posts on here since Saturday are both laughable and alarmist and more suited to the Nigels and Spotters.

NTMIK.

Totally agree Peckham....

1661797151051.png

This springs to mind for Nomark. I have no issue with someone having a moan, we all do it.... but with NM it is constant, never see him when we do well as soon as we go a goal down he is in his element. It really is as if he wants us to lose so he can moan (he'll say this is not so). Same every week and when I see comments this week 'remember the game is 90 mins' from him that's just pure trolling/baiting. I've said it before I'm sure he is a wind up.

What I do know is that he is king rooster in the chicken coop, and agree the same old posters embarrassing themselves is shocking since Saturday. There will be plenty of egg to go around this season for sure!

You would think that we were owned by a Saudi consortium the way some talk. Reality check... we are a well run Small club in a business sense, but a massive club in the hearts of our true fans. COYL

Agree totally Peckham, when we get to the last game of the season and still in with a shout of the play off's its luck and nothing to do with G R.
However, when we lose a game its all G R's fault.
Not even ten games in, and he has to go. Look at Forest last season, bottom half for a lot of it and ended up with promotion.

We, as stated by others are allowed an opinion, beer goggles or not.

The Huddersfield play off game ...................... That atmosphere could not be felt on the telly thats for sure ........................
Think we are bottom half now not sure, I’ll applaud Rowett if he gets us up like forest

Got to say, I think Norwich mark comes in for a lot of unnecessary stick on here. He explained the other day why he hasn’t been attending games recently, after the lose of his mother.

Just because he hasn’t attended a game, and watched on the box, doesn’t mean he isn’t entitled to an opinion. Lots of us, for a variety of reasons, can only pick and choose games at various times during our Millwall supporting life’s. Myself included, I can’t do every game like I used to. That doesn’t mean our opinions don’t matter.
And yeah, he can be a bit negative sometimes (ok ALL the time 😆). But again, that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one, but some stink more than others . I like to read what others think, especially those I disagree with because I can hear the other side.

The fact Mark hasn't attended a game for a while doesn't mean he can't have a view. And that brings me on to myself and my current situation.

My mum is quite seriously ill. She has heart failure and vascular dementia and although she can do some things for herself, she is unsteady, often confused and needs help. I won't have her put in a home so she is currently living with me and it is almost a full-time job to care for her. I have to get her up, help her dress, cook for her, do her medications, check her feet and legs for fluid on a daily basis and literally and physically put her in bed each night, As a result of all this, I haven't been able to go to games, even at home. I don't say any of this for sympathy, it's something I want and have to do and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm just pointing out that circumstances dictate our lives and not always in a good way. It doesn't make me less of a supporter, this is my club. It has been for 40 odd years and will be until I die. I've been able to see quite a few games from home but it doesn't beat being there and I hope to be able to get to the Den again. Sorry for the long post, but it's something I needed to get off my chest.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one, but some stink more than others . I like to read what others think, especially those I disagree with because I can hear the other side.

The fact Mark hasn't attended a game for a while doesn't mean he can't have a view. And that brings me on to myself and my current situation.

My mum is quite seriously ill. She has heart failure and vascular dementia and although she can do some things for herself, she is unsteady, often confused and needs help. I won't have her put in a home so she is currently living with me and it is almost a full-time job to care for her. I have to get her up, help her dress, cook for her, do her medications, check her feet and legs for fluid on a daily basis and literally and physically put her in bed each night, As a result of all this, I haven't been able to go to games, even at home. I don't say any of this for sympathy, it's something I want and have to do and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm just pointing out that circumstances dictate our lives and not always in a good way. It doesn't make me less of a supporter, this is my club. It has been for 40 odd years and will be until I die. I've been able to see quite a few games from home but it doesn't beat being there and I hope to be able to get to the Den again. Sorry for the long post, but it's something I needed to get off my chest.
Sorry to hear that robbo, my thoughts are with you and your family, it's always good to get things off your chest mate.

I looked after my dad when he had a stroke, done all the same things you mentioned above, so I have a bit of an understanding of your situation, missed games at the den, even though I was just a mile away.
It is a full time job, and a hard one at that, I had the same view as you, would not see him put in a home, bit of advice you can take or leave, try to get out a bit yourself, for your own state of mind, if a family member could give you a few hours a week, it can help. remember to look after yourself also, and good luck to both you and your mum.

“Danny's also small and I don't think Reading will be the only team who will target him with high balls. The free-kick (that wasn't a foul!) that lead to their goal originated from Danny getting muscled off in the air.”

Ian Dawes was small, but I don’t remember him getting mugged very much.

My thoughts are with you and your mum, Robbo!

My wife has heart failure, and I’ve already explained on another thread how I can only get to weekend games if I have cover for her, but that doesn’t stop me from being a supporter and wanting the best for my club. If somebody on here thinks I’m talking shit that’s their opinion, but it would be nice if replies aren’t made into personal insults to the poster. Cunting off a fellow supporter because you don’t agree with them, is wrong in my opinion. We have a forum to discuss opinions about MFC! Who’s to say who’s right or wrong?

The bloke has got us to top 10 finishes three years in a row he deserves a bit more time than barely a month of the season gone. The fact that our first four away games of the new campaign have been against two relegated premier league sides and two favourites to go up seem to have been forgotten by some fans.

Also what’s rarely taken into account by the serial moaners is the fact that whatever way you look at it we have one of the smallest budgets in the division and until that changes any manager will struggle. Our support (in terms of numbers) is probably one the poorest in the league, we were in with a shout of the play offs at the end of last season yet pulled in a crowd of sub 10 thousand when we played Swansea in the run in.

One thing is for sure though, however negative Rowett comes across sometimes it’s nowhere near half as negative as the tidal wave of bollocks posted on here whenever we fail to win a couple of games in a row.

Thoughts with you Robbo. I know precisely where you're at mate... As posted elsewhere, my dad is eaten up with cancer a few months to live, wife and I live 2 hours away and unable to assist mum very much- thankfully our son Ian is a top man and does so. It was dad who helped wife and I get together the cash to get over for the match, working family and not a lot of extra lying around- catch 22 as we hope not to lose him while there. Hang in there mate. It's fucking hard, this life.

The bloke has got us to top 10 finishes three years in a row he deserves a bit more time than barely a month of the season gone. The fact that our first four away games of the new campaign have been against two relegated premier league sides and two favourites to go up seem to have been forgotten by some fans.

Also what’s rarely taken into account by the serial moaners is the fact that whatever way you look at it we have one of the smallest budgets in the division and until that changes any manager will struggle. Our support (in terms of numbers) is probably one the poorest in the league, we were in with a shout of the play offs at the end of last season yet pulled in a crowd of sub 10 thousand when we played Swansea in the run in.

One thing is for sure though, however negative Rowett comes across sometimes it’s nowhere near half as negative as the tidal wave of bollocks posted on here whenever we fail to win a couple of games in a row.
I haven’t called for him to go (this season and half of last season), and I bet there are a lot of other supporters on here who haven’t wanted him sacked either!

The ones that want him gone are supporters who either didn’t want him in the first place, or believe that the standard of footballing hasn’t changed from when he joined us!

Do you think the standard of footballing has improved that much? Over the past 3 seasons I think there’s been a slight improvement, particularly in defence, but not nearly as much in midfield and attack! We’ve never been that creative under Rowett, and our passing and link up play is dreadful for a Championship level club! There are sides in league 2 who pass, move and make spaces on the pitch better than we do, and they’re budget is smaller than ours, but they seem to have managers and players who are in sync with each other! Why is it that Rowett can’t do the same with his team? Are the players not listening to him? Have they lost confidence in their manager, or is it a case that some don’t care, or aren’t confident in their own ability to make a two yard pass properly?

One or more of these questions need answering and addressing. This is Rowett’s team now. His chairman has backed him in the transfer market and I’m sure he expects nothing less than a play off position come the end of the season! The $64,000 question is: will he get it? Personally, I don’t think he will! I hope I’m wrong, because like last season, it’s exciting to go into the last couple of games knowing that you’re still in with a chance of possibly achieving something!

I used to want Premiership football, but I’m resigned now in thinking that it will never happen again! 87/88 was a lightning in a bottle moment. Then we had a manager and players who worked in sync and really believed that there was a chance of promotion. I don’t see that belief with Rowett and this set of players! As others have said, we would probably lose most games in the Prem if we got there, and I wouldn’t want us spending the kind of money Forest has spent (£150M), on the smallest of chances that it would help us survive our first season there, only to get relegated the following season, and have all that debt hanging over us! That’s a sure way of getting relegation to league 1! Just ask the Spotters!

Last edited:

We were so over reliant on one player, a player that everything went through, every free kick, attack, corner, cross, shot from outside the box. We now have to find another way and it isn't going to happen overnight, nor when that players replacement has been out injured. Bods seem to forget that we were near the bottom of the league around December/ January but finished very strongly.

This league is a nutty league, Reading lose 4-0 to Rotherham, lose to Blackpool, they didn't look all that on Saturday yet i look at the table and they're fucking top of it. There's a long long way to go, but reading this forum you'd think we were points adrift with two games to go. All the good stuff that happened last season forgotten and back to doom mongering, negativity and slagging off a manager that had us thinking about the play offs not so long ago.

Again, i will point out, that thankfully and not surprisingly it's nothing like that at the Den. I haven't heard calls for Rowett to go nor any talk of relegation. This place is not a true representation of the decent and level headed people that pay there hard earned and understand the club and it's workings inside out.

Also, we didn't start last season great. After 9 games we'd won 1 draw 6 and lost 2. It's a tough league, but we have a proven manager at this level and we should back him 100%.