Rowett

We were so over reliant on one player, a player that everything went through, every free kick, attack, corner, cross, shot from outside the box.

Funny enough, after the coating off he got at the start of the season from various quarters, he probably saved Steve Bruce's bacon over the weekend. They were two down at Huddersfield and he scored a couple to earn a point.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one, but some stink more than others . I like to read what others think, especially those I disagree with because I can hear the other side.

The fact Mark hasn't attended a game for a while doesn't mean he can't have a view. And that brings me on to myself and my current situation.

My mum is quite seriously ill. She has heart failure and vascular dementia and although she can do some things for herself, she is unsteady, often confused and needs help. I won't have her put in a home so she is currently living with me and it is almost a full-time job to care for her. I have to get her up, help her dress, cook for her, do her medications, check her feet and legs for fluid on a daily basis and literally and physically put her in bed each night, As a result of all this, I haven't been able to go to games, even at home. I don't say any of this for sympathy, it's something I want and have to do and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm just pointing out that circumstances dictate our lives and not always in a good way. It doesn't make me less of a supporter, this is my club. It has been for 40 odd years and will be until I die. I've been able to see quite a few games from home but it doesn't beat being there and I hope to be able to get to the Den again. Sorry for the long post, but it's something I needed to get off my chest.
Total admiration how your dealing with your mums situation Robbo.

How many championship teams come to the Den and expect to get 3 points? Not many. So a draw is a good result for most teams and you can see that in the way they play. Sit back and try and get a goal on the break. Waste as much time as possible and hope you get a ref who hasn’t had a game in months. That’s exactly what happened on Saturday.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one, but some stink more than others . I like to read what others think, especially those I disagree with because I can hear the other side.

The fact Mark hasn't attended a game for a while doesn't mean he can't have a view. And that brings me on to myself and my current situation.

My mum is quite seriously ill. She has heart failure and vascular dementia and although she can do some things for herself, she is unsteady, often confused and needs help. I won't have her put in a home so she is currently living with me and it is almost a full-time job to care for her. I have to get her up, help her dress, cook for her, do her medications, check her feet and legs for fluid on a daily basis and literally and physically put her in bed each night, As a result of all this, I haven't been able to go to games, even at home. I don't say any of this for sympathy, it's something I want and have to do and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm just pointing out that circumstances dictate our lives and not always in a good way. It doesn't make me less of a supporter, this is my club. It has been for 40 odd years and will be until I die. I've been able to see quite a few games from home but it doesn't beat being there and I hope to be able to get to the Den again. Sorry for the long post, but it's something I needed to get off my chest.
Your a good man robbo, family comes first and I hope your family’s situation gets better, good luck mate and keep supporting from home.

GR has guided the club to some decent final positions with a squad which wasn't his and ones with some of his own signings and now with Aldridge's input a decent team on paper and we have witnessed a mix of some good ,horrible battling (which get's under the oppo's skin) and some truly dire performances in the past and no doubt more the same to come, just something we have to expect.

“Danny's also small and I don't think Reading will be the only team who will target him with high balls. The free-kick (that wasn't a foul!) that lead to their goal originated from Danny getting muscled off in the air.”

Ian Dawes was small, but I don’t remember him getting mugged very much.
Agree but I think in those days fewer teams lobbed balls for tall wide men to knock down/on.

I’ve always backed GR but I’m now wavering because despite him signing Vogl and Flemming he doesn’t appear to have tried to integrate them into the team.

I appreciate Flemming hasn’t been fit but from what I’ve seen, Vogl has been ready for some while and should have been in a starting lineup.

Other concerns are his over-reliance on Afobe (appalling this season and not great last) and the lack of imagination in play especially with free kicks and corners.

It strikes me that GR is a manager who plays the percentages setting the team up to not concede, free kick and corner options predictably aimed at Cooper, Hutch and Murray in expectation they’ve a better than 50/50 chance of winning a header and creating havoc in an opponent’s box.

I think my major concern is his judgement of players abilities. Signed Afobe and Woods at Stoke for circa £18m. Brought Evans and Bennett to us from Derby.

Can’t think of anyone yet he’s signed who looks a good acquisition. If only he had Benny Fenton’s ability to spot and sign good players 🤷‍♂️

Robbo, Life with the Lions, Owl, Mark..... total respect for what you do to care for your loved ones. I think you should be acknowledged, as, unfortunately, there are selfish cunts out there, who are so wrapped up in their own lives, that they wouldn't have the patience or selflessness to care about anyone but themselves.
Best wishes to you and your families.

Robbo, Life with the Lions, Owl, Mark..... total respect for what you do to care for your loved ones. I think you should be acknowledged, as, unfortunately, there are selfish cunts out there, who are so wrapped up in their own lives, that they wouldn't have the patience or selflessness to care about anyone but themselves.
Yeah second that. Respect

Well said Ulster.

Thoughts with you Robbo. I know precisely where you're at mate... As posted elsewhere, my dad is eaten up with cancer a few months to live, wife and I live 2 hours away and unable to assist mum very much- thankfully our son Ian is a top man and does so. It was dad who helped wife and I get together the cash to get over for the match, working family and not a lot of extra lying around- catch 22 as we hope not to lose him while there. Hang in there mate. It's fucking hard, this life.
So sorry to hear your news Owl.
God bless you all.

My thoughts are with you Robbo.