ROWETT OUT

Presented without comment.

Rowett's finishing positions in the league for all teams he has managed.

2012/13 Burton Albion League Two 4th (lost in play-off semi-final)
2013/14 Burton Albion League Two 6th (lost in play-off final)
2014/15 Birmingham City Championship 10th (took over when they were 23rd)
2015/16 Birmingham City Championship 10th
2016/17 Birmingham City Championship 7th (sacked December 2016 and team finished 19th)
2016/17 Derby County Championship 9th (took over in March 2017)
2017/18 Derby County Championship 6th (lost in play-off semi-final)
2018/19 Stoke City Championship 14th (sacked in January 2019 and team finished 16th)
2019/20 Millwall Championship 8th (took over when they were 18th)
2020/21 Millwall Championship 11th
2021/22 Millwall Championship 9th
2022/23 Millwall Championship 8th
So he has never won promotion, interesting.

How many players has Rowett bought into Millwall that you can say, hand on heart, have made a big positive difference to the team? I would say just one: Flemming

Just opinions of course, but I think there have been more than one that
have been a tad useful. You have to take loans into account, because that's how clubs our size pad out squads:

Bit early to be pressing the panic button imo.

Boro and Norwich away plus City at home I would have expected 3 maybe 4 points from that. We didn't look that great in pre season, so I expected a bit of time before we start firing on all cylinders.

GR always finds a way to get points, plus our squad to my eye looks better this season.

Just opinions of course, but I think there have been more than one that
have been a tad useful. You have to take loans into account, because that's how clubs our size pad out squads:

I only mentioned permanent buys because we have had them over at least two seasons!

The loans have been nearly all just one season!

I only mentioned permanent buys because we have had them over at least two seasons!

The loans have been nearly all just one season!

Like I said, loans are needed by most clubs our size, so do count. Be it a season only or not. They can make all the difference for that season, although quite often the wages are higher. The fact still is; Rowett lured them to the club.

Rowett flicks between a 5 and a 4 at the back, deploys them at the wrong times and wonders why we struggle.

5 at the back against Bristol City at home who offered nothing going forward and we’re clearly content to take a draw, was ludicrous.

4 at the back against Norwich away, who had two very lively wide men and an experienced forward in Ashley Barnes was also ludicrous.

I think flexibility is important, I don’t mind the idea of us using a 5 away from home and a 4 at home. For me I think Rowett has got the last two games horribly wrong, it happens, and during his tenure he has got more right than wrong.

A concern that’s always been there for me, is that the Bristol City performance has been an all too regular occurrence at home. We are unable to penetrate teams that are happy to come and get a draw.

I do think that we would be better off with natural width and pace, and 2 up top. That would ultimately mean either dropping Flemming in to an 8 position or dropping him from the side altogether.

It's interesting to read one or two saying that George longs going may have affected the rest of the team , most of us know that long wasn't the greatest nor neither was he the worst ,rowett despite what some say isnt stupid and longs abuse was no doubt a factor in the signing , the new goalkeeper purchase could have been down to the crowds treatment of him , it would have been a better idea to have started with long and if his form didn't improve then drop him, as for the rest of it every season we seem to start slowly we lost 4 of our first 7 last season perhaps we should have sacked him then good job we didnt ,kenny jacket was told before taking up the offer to manage us ,if you can manage that club you can manage anyone , 4 decent seasons some decent signings expectations higher than ever , i think some are expecting too much , kenny jacket also used to say youll have no idea where your going until about a dozen games into the season , it was horrible being at norwich with my 3 boys watching that but theres a long way to go ,
One bad managerial appt and we will be off to port vale and shrewsbury again , be careful what you wish for

Went to Norwich and was well pissed off. A lot of time and money to be rewarded with a lame, uninterested performance from the team. Angry as I was, I walked away. I know if I was called a cnut at work it wouldn't make me want to work harder. I'm sure GR didn't spend all week telling them to go out and not perform. He can do the coaching but the execution is down to players. Yes the football has been boring but we haven't thought about relegation for a year or two now. I can't see binning him off after a few poor results being of any long term benefit. Give the bloke a fair chance, after all who would you replace him with? There are loads of crap managers who go from one job to another and achieve nothing. We don't want to go down that road do we?

Maybe the cunting him off will actually make him understand now how we feel, it kicks him up the arse, he kicks the team up the arse and bob’s your uncle things improve.

A little cunting off didn’t do me any harm, oi fucking pull yourself together you cunt, I then pulled myself together. Stop crying you cunt, I stopped crying, just stop being a cunt and grow up, still working on the latter!!!

Maybe the cunting him off will actually make him understand now how we feel, it kicks him up the arse, he kicks the team up the arse and bob’s your uncle things improve.

A little cunting off didn’t do me any harm, oi fucking pull yourself together you cunt, I then pulled myself together. Stop crying you cunt, I stopped crying, just stop being a cunt and grow up, still working on the latter!!!
That’s a cuntish post. I like it

I don't care how annoying you were as a kid, no Mother should speak that way to a 5 year old.

Members online