ROWETT OUT

It’s a new season, some new players, what happened at the end of last season is irrelevant.
One brilliant away win, followed by two shit shows same tactics. Bit early for all this panic. Two weeks ago it was in Rowett we trust, now he is being cunted off by the same fans unbelievable. As is the previous 4 seasons we will improve. There’s clearly something wrong, when we are pressed with energy we fall back, and can’t play out, and don’t have any one to release to defending with 11 men.
We need a mobile fast CB, I still think we where too quick to send our young defenders out on loans , I can only hope that we will bring in 1 or 2 CB in the window.
As I say every season let’s see how we are progressing after 10 games.
Unfortunately we always seem to start a season this way.
Rowett is consistent, if not exciting and will keep us well away from relegation.

It’s crazy that supporters are now speculating that it was the bombing out of Long that has caused a rift within the squad. The whole situation with Long was driven by our toxic fanbase simple as that.

Long was getting absolute dogs abuse on all forms of social media. Every single post day after day on the clubs official Facebook, Twitter and instagram pages from the last few months of the season, throughout the summer and into preseason was met by post after post of personal abuse of Long with many singling him out as the sole reason we didn’t make the playoffs. The club and management seemed to give in to the pressure and brought in a new keeper yet some fans are now seeking to lay the blame for Long being hounded out of the club and the unease it’s created within the squad on the manager? Wow.
Well I’m speculating that the way Long was treated MAY have caused a rift in the camp, but I never gave Long dogs abuse. I think the shit he was getting was way OTT and said so on here.

The signing of Shark Itch screamed panic buy. The shit Long was getting had clearly filtered through to the club.
he was no where near the worse keeper we’ve had as some people were suggesting. Up until the last half a dozen games of the season he’d had a decent season.

Things are clearly wrong in the camp. The Sarkic deal was very odd, but it is the tactics that drive us up the wall. Starting with effectively a back 8 is throwing in the towel before ko. Nobody believes Hutch, Cooper and Wallace is a good option.

He can turn it round though, play a back 4, play Emakhu, play Flemming where he needs to be played and play Bradshaw alongside Nisbet and the fans will back even if we lose, but keep trying to play this gutless style where we can't win and he'll be gone in a fortnight.

Team v Stoke:

Sarkic
Harding, Hutch, Cooper, Joe
Casper, Saville, Emakhu
Flemming
Bradshaw, Nisbet

I suppose it all comes down to expectations.

I don't necessarily expect to see us play particularly attractive football. I like to see us attack and have a go, of course, and I like to see us play with wingers and whip crosses in, but I don't expect to see a great deal of it (and certainly not at the moment with the current squad).

What I do expect is fighting spirit and every man Jack to give everything in every game, and I won't put up with a prolonged period of us playing without tenacity.

So attractive football is a 'nice to have', tenacity and effort is a 'pre-requisite'. That's how I see it anyway. I think there is a good chunk of our support that feels that attractive football is a pre-requisite and therefore expected, but I'm not really sure where this expectation has come from. We have had exciting, attacking sides over the last 25 years or so but that certainly hasn't been the norm as far as I see it.

I think some of our support expect to see champagne football, and I suspect it is generally the younger supporters, because I really don't expect champagne football at all.

By the way, I'm not defending GRs negative style of play, I agree he is pretty negative, I'm more making a point about expectations that may be a bit unrealistic.

Champagne football?

I'd be happy with Four Fingers Inn Cider.

:thumbup:

Too many of our players get unwarrented, over the top abuse. Especially on MO...As for GR's abuse yesterday, I find it absolutely staggering after just three games (well, four years really after his service to the club).

Some people on MO have very, very short memories. It was only a matter of weeks ago that Rowett conducted himself in an outstanding and very honorable way during the period after JB's death. That all seems to have gone out the window. That alone should have cut him some slack.

No one on here is saying that we expect perfect instant results, or that we should win every game,
You're one of the the worst on here for expecting us to win and one of the first to just fall short of a full on enquirey after a defeat. You demand to know why you think the players aren't trying. Expect better results because we played well last season and had a healthy finish. Pull apart Rowetts every decision when we lose. Sometimes teams are just better than us, simple but noe. There must be some other reason and no stone gets left unturned.

Often one nutty theory after another. Quoting what fans of his former clubs think of him. I have news for you- most fans of clubs think there managers are shit and under performing unless they're in the top two. It's fucking ridiculous and just over emotional people being unreasonable and impatient arseholes.

Our gates and spending power are small in comparrison to most in this division. For what we spend and get through the gates has us earmarked for a bottom ten finish. Rowett has got us 11th, 9th and 8th last season. Finishing positions that teams who spent five times more than us couldn't achieve.

We;ve been on a bad run and the daggers are being sharpened. We could change manager tomorrow and still be no better off. We have fans saying we have the best team in years, a team with a defence that can't pass to feet and a midfield that creates fuck all. Fans that ruin there own players and boo them off at half time if we're not winning.

I think a bit of realism and patience is required other wise you'll be bound for disappointment. Perhaps a season or two back in our usual hunting ground is what's needed and deserved given some of the attitudes and defeatism on display.

Last edited:
Well I’m speculating that the way Long was treated MAY have caused a rift in the camp, but I never gave Long dogs abuse. I think the shit he was getting was way OTT and said so on here.

I know that mate, I’m talking more about the the Facebook/Twitter side of things where certain players have been getting stick for months now yet these people somehow can’t see how that kind of personal abuse might affect an individual.

I actually saw fans bragging last week about Long and Burey being hounded out and justifying it by giving the ‘we are Millwall and if you can’t handle it tough shit’ line. This weird obsession with players and managers ‘getting us’ is stopping us from kicking on and right now is bordering on narcissism in my opinion.

And yes you are spot on, George Long was absolutely nowhere near as bad as those were making out, in fact I don’t recall him making a rickett as bad as Sarckic did yesterday for Norwich’s second goal.

I know that mate, I’m talking more about the the Facebook/Twitter side of things where certain players have been getting stick for months now yet these people somehow can’t see how that kind of personal abuse might affect an individual.

I actually saw fans bragging last week about Long and Burey being hounded out and justifying it by giving the ‘we are Millwall and if you can’t handle it tough shit’ line. This weird obsession with players and managers ‘getting us’ is stopping us from kicking on and right now is bordering on narcissism in my opinion.

And yes you are spot on, George Long was absolutely nowhere near as bad as those were making out, in fact I don’t recall him making a rickett as bad as Sarckic did yesterday for Norwich’s second goal.
Yeah I agree

It’s a new season, some new players, what happened at the end of last season is irrelevant.
One brilliant away win, followed by two shit shows same tactics. Bit early for all this panic. Two weeks ago it was in Rowett we trust, now he is being cunted off by the same fans unbelievable. As is the previous 4 seasons we will improve. There’s clearly something wrong, when we are pressed with energy we fall back, and can’t play out, and don’t have any one to release to defending with 11 men.
We need a mobile fast CB, I still think we where too quick to send our young defenders out on loans , I can only hope that we will bring in 1 or 2 CB in the window.
As I say every season let’s see how we are progressing after 10 games.
Unfortunately we always seem to start a season this way.
Rowett is consistent, if not exciting and will keep us well away from relegation.
Probably the most sensible post on this thread...

You're one of the the worst on here for expecting us to win and one of the first to just fall short of a full on enquirey after a defeat. You demand to know why you think the players aren't trying. Expect better results because we played well last season and had a healthy finish. Pull apart Rowetts every decision when we lose. Sometimes teams are just better than us, simple but noe. There must be some other reason and no stone gets left unturned.

Often one nutty theory after another. Quoting what fans of his former clubs think of him. I have news for you- must fans of clubs think there managers are shit and under performing unless they're in the top two. It's fucking ridiculous and just over emotional people being unreasonable and impatient arseholes.

Our gates and spending power are small in comparrison to most in this division. For what we spend and get through the gates has us earmarked for a bottom ten finish. Rowett has got us 11th, 9th and 8th last season. Finishing positions that teams who spent five times more than us couldn't achieve.

We;ve been on a bad run and the daggers are being sharpened. We could change manager tomorrow and still be no better off. We have fans saying we have the best team in years, a team with a defence that can't pass to feet and a midfield that creates fuck all. Fans that ruin there own players and boo them off at half time if we're not winning.

I think a bit of realism and patience is required other wise you'll be bound for disappointment. Perhaps a season or two back in our usual hunting ground is what's needed and deserved given some of the attitudes and defeatism on display.

Millwall supporters (well mostly the armchair ones and SM whores) are fast making us very unWall...NTMIK is becoming (become) a reality, not some, witty tongue in cheek saying.

After the dogs GR recieved, it will be interesting to see if he has the stomach to turn it all around knowing some (a lot) of supporters are on his back in a vile way. Personally, I think he has what it takes, but if/when he turns it around, will he get any praise? I doubt it. The main reason for the hate or dislike is his brand of football, although that has kept 'Championship' discussions still alive on this board, as opposed to 'League One' discussions.

I think GR should turn over a new leaf and start offering players a new Sofa.
:grinning:

It’s not just about the last two games it started last season when we chucked the play offs away the chant yesterday was true and justified imo and if rowett can’t improve it or don’t like it he should fuck off thanks for making us an average championship side but we need somebody else to move us further forward

Things are clearly wrong in the camp. The Sarkic deal was very odd, but it is the tactics that drive us up the wall. Starting with effectively a back 8 is throwing in the towel before ko. Nobody believes Hutch, Cooper and Wallace is a good option.

He can turn it round though, play a back 4, play Emakhu, play Flemming where he needs to be played and play Bradshaw alongside Nisbet and the fans will back even if we lose, but keep trying to play this gutless style where we can't win and he'll be gone in a fortnight.

Team v Stoke:

Sarkic
Harding, Hutch, Cooper, Joe
Casper, Saville, Emakhu
Flemming
Bradshaw, Nisbet
Don’t mind that line up but would like to see what Evans could do either at CB or midfield. Whether the youngster is ready to start, unless he plays we'll never know.
If things are not going well GR needs to change things earlier, half time or 55, 60 minutes give the subs time to influence the game. Whatever the line up, saturday was unacceptable, things have gone rapidly downhill since Boro, something we're not privvy to appears to have gone on behind the scenes.
Just wish someone would sort it soon.

Yesterday was abysmal, the Bristol City game was poor. We all know the way GR sets his teams up and while it isn't entertaining he has produced results that have taken us to the right end of the table so he deserves an opportunity to put it right. The fact that he has vocally come out and expressed he is disappointed with the fans response is a worry because due to the event of social media, it gives the same fans that mercilessly attacked George Long an opportunity to create a split and reading between the lines I get the feeling that Rowett will chuck it in.

The problem at the moment isn't 4 or 5 at the back it's down to playing style and yesterday was the first time the players looked totally uncomfortable. Coops and Hutch haven't turned into bad players overnight. Bradshaw hasn't done anything wrong and has found himself on the bench. Nisbet cuts a forlorn figure up top on his own. Emakhu looks good but isn't starting. Flemming looks a shadow of the player he was last season and appears ineffective at the moment.

Something is wrong at the moment you can tell that from the players demeanour and I'm sure Rowett knows that.

The gauntlet has been thrown down and both Rowett and the fans have made their feelings clear which means something has to give.

I feel sorry for James Berylson who is probably thinking what the f*ck have I walked into.

Yesterday wasn't a knee-jerk reaction and it wasn't just about the result there were clearly bigger issues and Stoke has just become a must-win game.

Millwall supporters (well mostly the armchair ones and SM whores) are fast making us very unWall...NTMIK is becoming (become) a reality, not some, witty tongue in cheek saying.

After the dogs GR recieved, it will be interesting to see if he has the stomach to turn it all around knowing some (a lot) of supporters are on his back in a vile way. Personally, I think he has what it takes, but if/when he turns it around, will he get any praise? I doubt it. The main reason for the hate or dislike is his brand of football, although that has kept 'Championship' discussions still alive on this board, as opposed to 'League One' discussions.

I think GR should turn over a new leaf and start offering players a new Sofa.
:grinning:
Bring back Twizzle :grinning: six foot six he stood on the ground,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If GR insists on playing three at the back what about

Sarkic
Leonard Hutch Cooper
Emakhu De Norre Saville Esse Bryan
Bradshaw Nisbet
Leonard gives pace at the back and can cover the right full back. Emakhu gives width while Bryan can drop in to give a back four leaving Esse to go wide left and giving an immediate 4-4-2. Esse gives a bit of creativity in the middle and two up top. I always said to my players when I was managing 'A formation is what you line-up for at kick off' as soon as the whistle goes you want movement when attacking and a rigid defensive formation when defending.

What are you talking about, mate?

No one on here is saying that we expect perfect instant results, or that we should win every game, but what we are saying - asking if you will - is that whether we lose or draw, we go out there fighting and giving it all on the pitch! That’s all we can ask of our players! Do that and things won’t get ugly like they did today (though I’m not condoning our supporters actions!)

As supporters we’ve always prided ourselves with giving every player that plays for us a chance to show us what they can do! To us, playing for Millwall is a privileged position many of us would love to have, and had we gotten a chance to do so, we’d have sweated blood and tears to give the club our all.

So when we see players not trying, or managers unable to do the basics, it hurts and we feel compelled to speak up! That’s what we’re doing now! We’re voicing our anger and our concerns because we all love this club and want it, and everyone related to it, to get the success we all believe it deserves!
The players were lazy today. Classic case was when at 3-0 down Sarkic rolled the ball out to Vogi on the edge of the box to start a counter attack, he got to the half way line turned around and help didn’t arrive until 15 seconds later. Inexcusable and nothing to do with the manager.

You could argue they’ve stopped playing for him, but they don’t play for him; they play for the club and for it’s supporters.

Members online