Birmingham v Millwall match thread

If this is about Burey, I’ve said it before and expect to repeat it again and again and again, he’s brainless so don’t expect to see to see him playing an intelligent pass 🤷‍♂️
This!

You are spot on about Burey. He cost us the win tonight by making the wrong decision to go for goal and the glory, instead of squaring the ball to Voglsammer, which would have netted him his 1st Millwall goal, and boosted his confidence going forward in future games!

I hope in the dressing room at full time, Rowett let Burey know the costly mistake he made, and that should a similar opportunity present itself in the future, he should make the simple pass, and not go for glory on his own, like a wannabe Jed Wallace!

Much better performance tonight after the Huddersfield game! You could see that the players wanted to get a win against a Brum side that had given up in the 2nd half, resorting to time wasting by flinging themselves to the ground, and running the clock down even more by standing in the corner flags, to get themselves an undeserved point.

It’s debatable that 1 point from the last two games could have been 6 points, bearing in mind the players we have and the performances given that gave us 4 wins on the trot, but it does highlight we need a decent goal scoring forward in the January transfer window, assuming that’s what Rowett wants, and whether JB is prepared to splash the cash to achieve his managers wish!

This!

You are spot on about Burey. He cost us the win tonight by making the wrong decision to go for goal and the glory, instead of squaring the ball to Voglsammer, which would have netted him his 1st Millwall goal, and boosted his confidence going forward in future games!

I hope in the dressing room at full time, Rowett let Burey know the costly mistake he made, and that should a similar opportunity present itself in the future, he should make the simple pass, and not go for glory on his own, like a wannabe Jed Wallace!

Much better performance tonight after the Huddersfield game! You could see that the players wanted to get a win against a Brum side that had given up in the 2nd half, resorting to time wasting by flinging themselves to the ground, and running the clock down even more by standing in the corner flags, to get themselves an undeserved point.

It’s debatable that 1 point from the last two games could have been 6 points, bearing in mind the players we have and the performances given that gave us 4 wins on the trot, but it does highlight we need a decent goal scoring forward in the January transfer window, assuming that’s what Rowett wants, and whether JB is prepared to splash the cash to achieve his managers wish!
How did one player cost us the win?

I must have missed all those other goals we scored from all those other players who had shots on target and the 10 out of 10 performance each player gave.

I think he should have passed but hindsite is a wonderful thing. He created the chance and earned the right to have the shot, It's just that the effort weren't good enough. Had he slipped It under the keeper you wouldn't be demanding the manager tell him not to shoot In future. We don't even know Vlog would have scored, he ain't exactly been prolific the last few years.

But fuck It, let's make our young players afraid to have a go, let's bollock the shit out of them, take away their confidence and make them afraid of making mistakes. That way they can grow up to be like the all the other players we've had over the recent years who pass backwards and sidewides and lack any creative Instinct.

Also, 'like a wannabe Jed Wallace'.

Wow.

This!

So Burey cost us the win tonight? Really?
Glad your not the manager.

He’s a young player cutting his teeth at first team level and used his electric pace to race clear. He then had to choose between shooting and squaring it. Had he squared it and it wasn’t the best ball he would’ve been screamed at for not shooting.
There’s no way you can blame him for not getting 3 points, he decided to shoot having the only clear cut chance of the game. I’d blame the lack of composure and quality from our front four for not winning.

We were clueless up front and all of the forward 4 made shit decisions all night with a clear lack of movement when we were in good positions - blame them, not a young lion trying to become a player.

So Burey cost us the win tonight? Really?
Glad your not the manager.

He’s a young player cutting his teeth at first team level and used his electric pace to race clear. He then had to choose between shooting and squaring it. Had he squared it and it wasn’t the best ball he would’ve been screamed at for not shooting.
There’s no way you can blame him for not getting 3 points, he decided to shoot having the only clear cut chance of the game. I’d blame the lack of composure and quality from our front four for not winning.

We were clueless up front and all of the forward 4 made shit decisions all night with a clear lack of movement when we were in good positions - blame them, not a young lion trying to become a player.
I'm somewhere right in the middle between you and Life with the Lions on Burey and his miss tonight. Fair enough, you can't blame him solely for the defeat and he did create the chance. But he's got to cop a bit of blame for it too. That's the way it goes when you pull on the shirt. Haven't watched it back but my memory of it is that his second or third touch was a bit heavy and he got a bit too close to the keeper before he pulled the trigger. It's a shame because had he squared it or scored it himself, he'd be the hero tonight. It's fine margins sometimes in football.

Let's see how he gets on over the rest of the season.

That' a bit dramatic. How about the rest of the team create something for Vlog, Bennett, Afobe, Flemming etc. He was on for 20 odd minutes, where's your criticism of Bradshaw, Bennett? You are blaming him for not doing something we've managed only once this season. It's so easy sitting in front of TV with your hindsight cap on. Vlog would have netted? simple as that and bingo you have the fall guy for this weeks moan. I suppose it gives Rowett a breather!

How did one player cost us the win?

I must have missed all those other goals we scored from all those other players who had shots on target and the 10 out of 10 performance each player gave.
How i see it as well.

He created the chance and earned the right to have the shot, It's just that the effort weren't good enough. Had he slipped It under the keeper you wouldn't be demanding the manager tell him not to shoot In future. We don't even know Vlog would have scored, he ain't exactly been prolific the last few years.

But fuck It, let's make our young players afraid to have a go, let's bollock the shit out of them, take away their confidence and make them afraid of making mistakes. That way they can grow up to be like the all the other players we've had over the recent years who pass backwards and sidewides and lack any creative Instinct.
All of this.

Good to see you posting mate!