What should the club do in the summer?

Your spot on rowetts abuse particularly at the norwich game was just wrong , 4 seasons of having almost the smallest budget in the division yet 4 top half the table finishes twice going into the last game of the season with a play off chance , i think the way it unravelled a bit towards the end of last season was probably down a squad punching above its weight just running out of steam , if anything doing so well raised expectations to a point where some think we have a god given right to challenge , there were better managers out there but in reality he was the best we could get , it also came to light that john berylson had tried to bring him to millwall years earlier , and we ended up with holloway

The irony is that the players that struggle to put a few passes together were brought in by Harris. Cooper, Wallace and Hutchinson still here and not much cop when it comes to what Edwards wanted. You can't pin that on Rowett who brought in more capable footballers whilst losing our only play maker in Wallace but still got us results. The mess he took over was only going one way in the table.

Last edited:
Rowetts stats speak for themselves and there's no argument but I'd still rather sit in the dentist chair than watch his football.
Is the football brand employed by Harris any better on the eye? I'd say no. Also i think the snobbery over Rowetts brand is a bit OTT. I'd say we played more direct under Harris and Rowett ball is a bit overblown. I was certainly no more bored watching one than the other.

On another note and i one that i rarely see an answer given------- When was it that we last played attractive stuff that was productive and nice on the eye?

Last edited:
Let's be clear, Harris football and Rowett football are two very different things. Particularly when it comes to playing bigger teams. Harris was and is never scared of them, in fact he embraces it and said so. Hence, the cup runs and giant killings. The 4 4 2 set up etc. Rowett was always scared even of teams like Rotherham and Peterborough. Setting up not to get beat first even at home. 5 at the back, 2 defensive midfielders, 1 striker even at home against "smaller" teams. Never even a hint of a cup run. It's about mindset.
He was scared of Fulham.
Out of his system hopefully, certainly weren't scared of Southampton and Leeds , especially second half , first half we lacked belief, not bottle.

He was scared of Fulham.
Out of his system hopefully, certainly weren't scared of Southampton and Leeds , especially second half , first half we lacked belief, not bottle.
I thought the first half he wanted to let them know we weren't laying down and take the sting out of them , second we upped our game .If we tried to open them up from the off I believe we'd have got slaughtered.

Is the football brand employed by Harris any better on the eye? I'd say no. Also i think the snobbery over Rowetts brand is a bit OTT. I'd say we played more direct under Harris and Rowett ball is a bit overblown. I was certainly no more bored watching one than the other.

On another note and i one that i rarely see an answer given------- When was it the we last played attractiveams stuff that was productive and nice on the eye?
Not in my lifetime. Best football maybe the 85-89 teams (that's 1985 not 1885). Then again that's when I used to go home & away so maybe the beer and 'high jinx' have also distorted my perception of that. :whist:

Not in my lifetime. Best football maybe the 85-89 teams (that's 1985 not 1885). Then again that's when I used to go home & away so maybe the beer and 'high jinx' have also distorted my perception of that. :whist:
Totally different though weren't it, can you imagine fashunu today he would get a prison sentence.

On another note and i one that i rarely see an answer given------- When was it that we last played attractive stuff that was productive and nice on the eye?
I enjoyed watching the team that played under Rioch. Mghee side was decent and played pretty direct football at times. The two can be combined if you've got the right players.

KJ almost had it going but we didn't/couldn't sign Wood. Millwall is always about the "what ifs" unfortunately!

The Ifill, Harris, Moody, Cahill era, and the Morrison th Gregory times come to mind. Admittedly there were a lot of barren times as well. Though probably not too popular, I thought we played some good stuff on the grass under McCarthy just before he left.

Hopefully the coaches will be able to train the players to pass the ball in a forward motion on the floor to a team mate, not back off and put a tackle in before the attacker reaches our penalty box and have a plan B/ C on corners

Hopefully the coaches will be able to train the players to pass the ball in a forward motion on the floor to a team mate, not back off and put a tackle in before the attacker reaches our penalty box and have a plan B/ C on corners
If they managed that we’d be promoted automatically by Easter.

I think you are a bit over the top here. We beat a good Southampton side and played well. We played well against Birmingham, passed it about and there was a distinct shortage of long balls or hoofs unless i was at a different game.

It's the results that matter for the remainder of this season.

Sorry but our passing at best is schoolboy level that's why JE got the sack, we were thankgod very fortunate to beat southampton & a very average Birmingham were the better team second half, we have no real ball players in midfield if De Norre is on the bench just stoppers with no creativity ,let's hope we get lucky again on Friday
I think you are a bit over the top here. We beat a good Southampton side and played well. We played well against Birmingham, passed it about and there was a distinct shortage of long balls or hoofs unless i was at a different game.

It's the results that matter for the remainder of this season.