What should the club do in the summer?

JE wasn't a bad appointment and after the game at S.Wednesday most of us were happy, ok he didn't have the players to pull it off but at least the club had the balls to change things. Better to try and fail than not try at all.
Then sacking him at the right time and getting in Harris was also a good move by the club.
We have some good players at most levels at Millwall and some that will be off soon. If we are going to compete in this division we're going to have to make some bold decisions and take chances. Is Harris the man to take us forwards and upwards? IMO forwards yes (short term), upwards no (long term).
As I can't get to games I watch the games on the box and I can tell you that I couldn't watch Rowlett's style of football, literally had to turn the channel over (even if we were winning).

Whatever happens we need to establish a proper game plan and a clear way of how we are going to.play on the pitch , at the moment we are playing off the cuff and winging it , if we are going to adopt the " Harris hoof" then the club need to get in the right forwards not the midgets we have ( of don t have) at present, cannot see a long term future for Harris or his style but big decisions both on & off the field have to be made during the close season ,the players let's be honest could not or did not want to play for JE & his style which not only let us down but themselves & the club.....let's just get behind everyone involved and hope we stop up and make those big decision s

Last edited:
We have not seen Harris with the shackles off yet, at the moment he is setting up and picking the team to avoid relegation, lets see what happens when we are mathematically safe, Harris is not the same manager as last time he was with us and would have learned a lot in that time.

Too early to make a judgement call with Harris.

If he keeps us up he deserves seeing out his contract. Must be doing something right and our last foray in the market getting a young manager was traumatic to say the least.

Whatever happens we need to establish a proper game plan and a clear way of how we are going to.play on the pitch , at the moment we are playing off the cuff and winging it , if we are going to adopt the " Harris hoof" then the club need to get in the right forwards not the midgets we have ( of don t have) at present, cannot see a long term future for Harris or his style but big decisions both on & off the field have to be made during the close season ,the players let's be honest could not or did not want to play for JE & his style which not only let us down but themselves & the club.....let's just get behind everyone involved and hope we stop up and make those big decision s
I see it differently as the more teams who want to play tippy tappy across the back retaining possession but going nowhere will compete for the same type of players. That means less competition for the more direct players that Harris likes so potentially we can become a better more direct team like Luton rather than a poor version of keep the ball and go nowhere Swansea.

As I stated in my earlier post I am not concerned about Harris getting the job longterm as long as it’s not with Livermore by his side. He needs someone new from this era with fresh ideas who can tap into the fantastic youth circle that we currently have. All this talk about who we could buy is ridiculous, JE was hired for the future and the future currently sits in the U18’s and U21’s. Promote Robbo to the first team setup, and bring in someone new as NH’s assistant. Out Aldo and allow NH to manage his own recruitment.

Let’s face it NH is a man manager, Warnock, Mowbray are all of the same mould and all need decent coaches and tacticians behind them.

I wouldn’t actually mind Callum Davidson as NH coach as we definitely played the best Rowett football when he was assistant.

As I stated in my earlier post I am not concerned about Harris getting the job longterm as long as it’s not with Livermore by his side. He needs someone new from this era with fresh ideas who can tap into the fantastic youth circle that we currently have. All this talk about who we could buy is ridiculous, JE was hired for the future and the future currently sits in the U18’s and U21’s. Promote Robbo to the first team setup, and bring in someone new as NH’s assistant. Out Aldo and allow NH to manage his own recruitment.

Let’s face it NH is a man manager, Warnock, Mowbray are all of the same mould and all need decent coaches and tacticians behind them.

I wouldn’t actually mind Callum Davidson as NH coach as we definitely played the best Rowett football when he was assistant.
This.

I know I'm counting my chickens here, but as we have no game for nearly 2 weeks I thought I would ask the question.

Harris keeps us up, what does the club do in the summer? I think we have 3 options:

1, Keep Harris as manager, give him a few quid to freshen up the squad and see how we get on.

2, Get rid of Aldridge, make Harris Director of football, get in a young coach to change the way the team plays, move on most of the old guard and spend a fair few quid on a new squad.

3, Harris walks away after cementing his legendary status, we get a more experienced manager who knows the division.

I would go with option 2, thoughts?

Are there any other options you can think of?
Option 4,
  1. Thank Super Neil for his efforts & pay him off.
  2. Build him & JB & statue
  3. Sack Aldridge & Barret
  4. Get Mourinho in
  5. Piss the league and win promotion by March 2025
Easy....

I see it differently as the more teams who want to play tippy tappy across the back retaining possession but going nowhere will compete for the same type of players. That means less competition for the more direct players that Harris likes so potentially we can become a better more direct team like Luton rather than a poor version of keep the ball and go nowhere Swansea.
I agree but lets pick a style of play and bring in the right players to execute it not just stop gap signings / loans.....at present and it was blatant under JE that the current crop of the majority could not play tippy tappy football so the only direction with this squad is the direct route

Don't know much about our under 21's or under 18's, for the future. Are they more tippy-tappy than blood and thunder?

Don't know much about our under 21's or under 18's, for the future. Are they more tippy-tappy than blood and thunder?
I’ve seen the U21’s a few times and they don’t play tippy tappy across the back , go nowhere football. They are more incisive when they go forward. They have a couple of players who put it about a little that I can recall.

Harris's job title of 'Head Coach' would seem to indicate that Aldridge is identifying and signing players - this is, after all, what a Director of Football does. One can only hope that given Harris' stature at the club, the chairman will veto signings that Harris doesn't want.
I assume the Director of Football also gives footballing advice to the Manager when required. I’m sure Bomber must be pleased to know he can have a South London Press journalist’s input if he needs some assistance🤣

I assume the Director of Football also gives footballing advice to the Manager when required. I’m sure Bomber must be pleased to know he can have a South London Press journalist’s input if he needs some assistance🤣
Needs live direct acess to the match day thread here. Plus he will know how busy the Haters Arms will be after the game.

If we are going to compete in this division we're going to have to make some bold decisions and take chances.
We did. That's how we ended up with that lunatic Edwards.

As I can't get to games I watch the games on the box and I can tell you that I couldn't watch Rowlett's style of football, literally had to turn the channel over
And a manager that had us in the top six for weeks on end was booed and jeered until he walked. You think Stoke, Bolton and Burnley fans moaned about being bored when the same brand of football got them into the premier league?

Rowetts football wasn't shit it was effective, pragmatic and essential baring in mind our budget and squad capabilities. Edward's brand of football was shit and damaging yet we had fans saying they'd rather go down watching that than stay up watching Rowetts team.

I think some of our more vocal and hard to please fans need to make some decisions too. I wish i couldn't hear them at times and was able to turn them off. They're capable of doing plenty of damaging to our team without the need of cunts like Edwards who was what the Rowett out brigade wanted.

It was the same last time around with Harris and will be the same again at some point. It's just a matter of time.