What should the club do in the summer?

If we stay up the north stand should be named after harris.after that I've no idea.im not sure what millwall fans want anymore rowett football wasn't wanted now its being embraced under another manager
Let's be clear, Harris football and Rowett football are two very different things. Particularly when it comes to playing bigger teams. Harris was and is never scared of them, in fact he embraces it and said so. Hence, the cup runs and giant killings. The 4 4 2 set up etc. Rowett was always scared even of teams like Rotherham and Peterborough. Setting up not to get beat first even at home. 5 at the back, 2 defensive midfielders, 1 striker even at home against "smaller" teams. Never even a hint of a cup run. It's about mindset.

We did. That's how we ended up with that lunatic Edwards.

And a manager that had us in the top six for weeks on end was booed and jeered until he walked. You think Stoke, Bolton and Burnley fans moaned about being bored when the same brand of football got them into the premier league?

Rowetts football wasn't shit it was effective, pragmatic and essential baring in mind our budget and squad capabilities. Edward's brand of football was shit and damaging yet we had fans saying they'd rather go down watching that than stay up watching Rowetts team.

I think some of our more vocal and hard to please fans need to make some decisions too. I wish i couldn't hear them at times and was able to turn them off. They're capable of doing plenty of damaging to our team without the need of cunts like Edwards who was what the Rowett out brigade wanted.

It was the same last time around with Harris and will be the same again at some point. It's just a matter of time.
I agree with a lot of what you said, especially about the constant moaners. However, I couldn't watch Rowett's football is a fact, your take on his style of play being 'effective, pragmatic and essential' is opinion.

When he walked, the club made the decision to change and opted for Edwards. It was a chance they took and it didn't work BUT they tried.
His brand of football may have been 'shit and damaging' to you but again, that's opinion. Also that someone gave their all to change things (which is what he was employed for) doesn't make him 'a lunatic' or 'a cunt'....in my opinion because then we're all lunatic cunts at some point in our lives.

Rowett v Harris - Same budget, more or less same squad. Ask people who they would rather watch.

And finally..... it looks like you don't want the club to make bold decisions. What do you want then?

I agree with a lot of what you said, especially about the constant moaners. However, I couldn't watch Rowett's football is a fact, your take on his style of play being 'effective, pragmatic and essential' is opinion.

When he walked, the club made the decision to change and opted for Edwards. It was a chance they took and it didn't work BUT they tried.
His brand of football may have been 'shit and damaging' to you but again, that's opinion. Also that someone gave their all to change things (which is what he was employed for) doesn't make him 'a lunatic' or 'a cunt'....in my opinion because then we're all lunatic cunts at some point in our lives.

Rowett v Harris - Same budget, more or less same squad. Ask people who they would rather watch.

And finally..... it looks like you don't want the club to make bold decisions. What do you want then?
Excellent post, people calling Edwards every name under the sun because he wanted professional football players to pass to a team mate 10 yards away rather than lump it 70 yards!
We hear a lot of "Experts" on hear saying Edwards was asking players to do something their not capable of doing!! If you can't pass the ball 10 yards then move into space then you should be playing on Blackheath and not a Championship club!

Excellent post, people calling Edwards every name under the sun because he wanted professional football players to pass to a team mate 10 yards away rather than lump it 70 yards!
We hear a lot of "Experts" on hear saying Edwards was asking players to do something their not capable of doing!! If you can't pass the ball 10 yards then move into space then you should be playing on Blackheath and not a Championship club!
I don't think that they (ok most of them) couldn't play his style of football, I think it just takes time for a team to switch from one to the other and some players are more suited to one style than another. We didn't have the time to make the switch. There's no doubt in my mind that one or 2 games more and we'd have been certain relegation prospects.

your take on his style of play being 'effective, pragmatic and essential' is opinion.
It's a fact that it's effective and not an opinion. The table doesn't lie. When was the last time we played the brand of football you like?

His brand of football may have been 'shit and damaging' to you but again, that's opinion.
But again it's a fact. The table doesn't lie.

The rest i can't be bothered with cause you seem to think us being in a relegation battle and us being in the top six under a different manager is an opinion. It isn't it's a fact.

And finally..... it looks like you don't want the club to make bold decisions.
Does it? Is that opinion, fact or you just putting two and two together and getting five? Don't put words in my mouth hat i haven't said or wrote.

Ta.

I don't think that's up for debate cause you're correct but that wasn't all he was trying to get them to do was it!!

I don't think that they (ok most of them) couldn't play his style of football, I think it just takes time for a team to switch from one to the other and some players are more suited to one style than another. We didn't have the time to make the switch. There's no doubt in my mind that one or 2 games more and we'd have been certain relegation prospects.
With Edwards or Rowett?

Going by social media sites that cover Wall it's neither for many. It's very similar in style but i'd choose Rowett if push come to shove cause the table don't lie.

Does it? Is that opinion, fact or you just putting two and two together and getting five? Don't put words in my mouth hat i haven't said or wrote.

Ta.
Me: If we are going to compete in this division we're going to have to make some bold decisions and take chances.
You: We did. That's how we ended up with that lunatic Edwards.
Me: And finally..... it looks like you don't want the club to make bold decisions.
You: Does it? Is that opinion, fact or you just putting two and two together and getting five? Don't put words in my mouth hat i haven't said or wrote.
:shrug:

It's a fact that it's effective and not an opinion. The table doesn't lie. When was the last time we played the brand of football you like?

But again it's a fact. The table doesn't lie.

The rest i can't be bothered with cause you seem to think us being in a relegation battle and us being in the top six under a different manager is an opinion. It isn't it's a fact.

Me: If we are going to compete in this division we're going to have to make some bold decisions and take chances.
You: We did. That's how we ended up with that lunatic Edwards.
Me: And finally..... it looks like you don't want the club to make bold decisions.
You: Does it? Is that opinion, fact or you just putting two and two together and getting five? Don't put words in my mouth hat i haven't said or wrote.
:shrug:
Agh a shit stirrer and contrarian. I'll play- soooooooooooooooooooooooo where have i said i don't want the club to make bold decisions? If you can find that post i'll be mucho mucho grateful kind sir.

Cheers.

Agh a shit stirrer and contrarian. I'll play- soooooooooooooooooooooooo where have i said i don't want the club to make bold decisions? If you can find that post i'll be mucho mucho grateful kind sir.

Cheers.
I think you've got me wrong Peckham. Not trying to stir anything or wind anyone up. This forum works great when we have different opinions, which we have. I put my thoughts/opinions out there and you responded with yours. That's about it really.

I think you've got me wrong Peckham.
Likewise. You are attributing words and things to me that i've never said. And for the record yes i would/ did prefer Rowetts brand to the one of Edwards which was going to see us relegated. It's a no brainer for me and the stats and table don't lie.

Likewise. You are attributing words and things to me that i've never said. And for the record yes i would/ did prefer Rowetts brand to the one of Edwards which was going to see us relegated. It's a no brainer for me and the stats and table don't lie.
Maybe a bit of misinterpretation on my part.
Rowetts stats speak for themselves and there's no argument but I'd still rather sit in the dentist chair than watch his football. As in life 'you can't have everything'.......or can you? :unsure:

Rowetts stats speak for themselves and there's no argument but I'd still rather sit in the dentist chair than watch his football.
Exactly how I feel as well. Nothing against him at all. Professional, class.. Style just not to my liking is all but his valiant efforts, and NH's currently, will keep us up and for that I am very grateful.